Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 02:16 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
''a fundy swamp you abide in"....whoa...
Eh

Old 06-11-2019, 02:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you say so, but what I said is still true. People are offended by the Gospel itself, which is the topic of the thread.
Show anyone you believe is a sinner from the 4 gospels other than a pharisee that Jesus offended or they were offended by Jesus. Every single time it was those who persecuted the prophets, that's right the religious heirarchy,and not those you so easily condemn, trying to make out they hate the light(all that Jesus represented) like you do. The pharisees were offended by everything he did, everything he did was light manifested. So take your tar brush and tar yourself with it. Sinners love Jesus when they get past the veil fundamentalists have cast over our heavenly Father.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:23 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
It's not that 'people' are offended by Jesus' message, Finn...it is the ego...
or the egoic mind...like Jesus was not offended by Peter...but rather 'satan' in him.
Do you see the difference?
I do.

When one sees that we are all one under the skin....all brothers and sisters
in the same boat...pure and good and innocent...therein lies a peace of
seeing into the heart of us all....
There is no more of this 'us and them'...animosity or one-upmanship disappears...because
of wisdom into the nature of things.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:37 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Why are so many offended by the truth? I know I used to be offended it by it because it hurt my pride, and I know many others who were offended by the Gospel. Looking at the many atheists these days, it is clear they are deeply offended by anything Christian. Why is this?
Because the “atheist” sees the hypocrisy in the Christian message that was pushed by the RCC (crusades and indulgences) and is pushed by the churches (humanity is to become Christian to save them selves from eternal hell)

Jesus came to fulfill prophecy ........not to save Christians to heaven

There is an illiteracy regarding the scriptures by Christians who say they speak for God but seem to miss the spirit by focusing on the words

The same spirits that were in the old scriptures are in the new and the scribe, prophets and priests are to test the spirits, not just follow any spirit

Old 06-11-2019, 02:46 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Why are so many offended by the truth? I know I used to be offended it by it because it hurt my pride, and I know many others who were offended by the Gospel. Looking at the many atheists these days, it is clear they are deeply offended by anything Christian. Why is this?
Far from it, they are smart enough to know the message of fundamental christianity cannot be compared to the life of Jesus Christ who IS the good news of God.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
It's not that 'people' are offended by Jesus' message, Finn...it is the ego...
or the egoic mind...like Jesus was not offended by Peter...but rather 'satan' in him.
Do you see the difference?
I do.
Whose ego? Their ego, the people. Same thing.

Quote:
When one sees that we are all one under the skin....all brothers and sisters
in the same boat...pure and good and innocent...therein lies a peace of
seeing into the heart of us all....
There is no more of this 'us and them'...animosity or one-upmanship disappears...because
of wisdom into the nature of things.
It is not about "us and them". It is about why people are offended by the Gospel, and you said it is their ego, and I said earlier it their pride, so we are pretty much saying the same thing. Nicky Cruz was offended when a street pastor told him that Jesus loved him. He assaulted the preacher.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Because the “atheist” sees the hypocrisy in the Christian message that was pushed by the RCC (crusades and indulgences) and is pushed by the churches (humanity is to become Christian to save them selves from eternal hell)

Jesus came to fulfill prophecy ........not to save Christians to heaven

There is an illiteracy regarding the scriptures by Christians who say they speak for God but seem to miss the spirit by focusing on the words

The same spirits that were in the old scriptures are in the new and the scribe, prophets and priests are to test the spirits, not just follow any spirit
You are still trying to find someone to blame (Christians). That is not the issue here. The Gospel, the good news, offends people. Jesus knew that, and warned His disciples before sending them on their way, and ultimately to their deaths.

People of universalist persuasion are working hard to turn this into another opportunity to take stabs at Christians, but that was NOT what Jesus warned them about

Old 06-11-2019, 02:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
You are still trying to find someone to blame (Christians). That is not the issue here. The Gospel, the good news, offends people. Jesus knew that, and warned His disciples before sending them on their way, and ultimately to their deaths.
So what?

Gay Pride events offend some people. The colour purple offends some people. Mismatched socks offends some people.

The bible has a lot of crap in it that offends some people.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
So what?

Gay Pride events offend some people. The colour purple offends some people. Mismatched socks offends some people.

The bible has a lot of crap in it that offends some people.
Does color purple offend people to a point where they would murder someone? The apostles were murdered for spreading the Gospel. The Christians were physically assaulted at the gay pride parade.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:02 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Quote:

People of universalist persuasion are working hard to turn this into another opportunity to take stabs at Christians, but that was NOT what Jesus warned them about
Jesus warned his disciples about lots of things

The scriptures are prophetic in nature and written to the people of God, which is anyone who thinks they apply to them ..... the Jews, Christians and muslims all claim to be Abraham’s children but we can see by the fighting in Israel that they are not doing righteousness

What I believe is the scriptures have been taken out of context to fit into everyone’s agenda at some time

So I am not trying to blame anyone specifically, but what I do see in Jesus words is that “we” are to judge ourselves personally and nationally

If we do not do the right thing ..... we will be judged

That is law and grace

We are not to abuse the law for our own benefit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity