Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 09:19 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

Yes, I have found it, as you say. But in Reality: God's kingdom, Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Father have brought me into the Kingdom through Baptism and have sustained me in it via the word of God and the sacrament of the Lord's Supper. God comes and teaches me every time in the Word. I always have access to God by faith in His Word. In His Word, He strengthens and sustains me, and I live in peace because of the promise and assurances of God's Holy Word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 09:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Can the kingdom of God be found?

Yes, it is within you.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:27 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
Once we learn to just sit in God's lap and be loved, we have found it. Knowing I don't have to do anything else. Just let myself be loved by the creator. There is where the kingdom is.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:38 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Yes, I have found it, as you say. But in Reality: God's kingdom, Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Father have brought me into the Kingdom through Baptism and have sustained me in it via the word of God and the sacrament of the Lord's Supper. God comes and teaches me every time in the Word. I always have access to God by faith in His Word. In His Word, He strengthens and sustains me, and I live in peace because of the promise and assurances of God's Holy Word.
You have access to God by His Word; by which you mean the bible?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
And I'd like to add, should we be searching for Christ within other people? I believe we should. But sometimes it is hard to see him in others.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:50 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
And I'd like to add, should we be searching for Christ within other people? I believe we should. But sometimes it is hard to see him in others.
Yea. or within ourself?

Old 10-10-2013, 02:18 AM

691 posts, read 641,460 times
Dwelling in the Absolute Light of the Eternal Father

Old 10-10-2013, 04:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Sounds like you are saying the kingdom is accessible by a ritual, and the bible is the kingdom we are to seek. It most certainly is another realm, I do not believe it is the bible, although I do believe having your eyes opened that the scriptures will aid you in finding it.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The kingdom is a spiritual kingdom, only seen with spiritual eyes.

That being said, it's within His people, but also wherever the Spirit is.
That's it in a nutshell. It is within the believers and where ever the Spirit is, on earth or in heavens. Anyone who wants it, can have it (or enter it), as Jesus said it is already amongst us. Everyone is invited, but some refuse to come just like the parable of the wedding feast so clearly demonstrates.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:09 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
Yes the Bible is the Word of God. This is where Jesus words are. Where else would you find Jesus speaking and know it is Jesus words.

PCCAMPS. Have you ever tried seriously studying the Bible. Some people have been convinced that it truly is the Words of God Almighty, just by their own studies of the Holy Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity