U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 11:10 PM

12,867 posts, read 10,037,542 times

Advertisements

After knowing in my heart that my 20 yr old son was doing meth and would be dead in 8 years according to statistics (10yr life span for meth users) and crying every day for him and screaming to God to please save him and him blocking me in every way (phone/fb/etc) and me being in Hawaii and him in who-knows-where (I heard Mexico) I find out NO he's not on meth and he's trying to keep a job - working through temp service - he has a roof over his head and is safe.
Praise God. I really don't care what he's done in the past. I thought he was dead and he's safe and alive and wants to come see me. And he's remorseful. Wow. That story really hit home now. I totally understand the Prodigal Son story!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 12:55 AM

24,932 posts, read 11,610,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
After knowing in my heart that my 20 yr old son was doing meth and would be dead in 8 years according to statistics (10yr life span for meth users) and crying every day for him and screaming to God to please save him and him blocking me in every way (phone/fb/etc) and me being in Hawaii and him in who-knows-where (I heard Mexico) I find out NO he's not on meth and he's trying to keep a job - working through temp service - he has a roof over his head and is safe. Praise God. I really don't care what he's done in the past. I thought he was dead and he's safe and alive and wants to come see me. And he's remorseful. Wow. That story really hit home now. I totally understand the Prodigal Son story!
You should also understand the position of the Father.

"There is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love; for what power has love, but forgiveness."

Old 10-11-2013, 02:52 AM

10,775 posts, read 5,070,538 times
Quote:
After knowing in my heart that my 20 yr old son was doing meth and would be dead in 8 years according to statistics (10yr life span for meth users) and crying every day for him and screaming to God to please save him and him blocking me in every way (phone/fb/etc) and me being in Hawaii and him in who-knows-where (I heard Mexico) I find out NO he's not on meth and he's trying to keep a job - working through temp service - he has a roof over his head and is safe.
Praise God. I really don't care what he's done in the past. I thought he was dead and he's safe and alive and wants to come see me. And he's remorseful. Wow. That story really hit home now. I totally understand the Prodigal Son story!
Thanks for sharing. I can't imagine the heartache and pain I would go through if my son were to go down that same road. That's how we parents are. We just love our kids no matter what. How many years were you out of contact?

Old 10-11-2013, 04:56 AM

34,677 posts, read 23,028,826 times
Quote:
Great News
You are so right, it never matters what they have done, what matters is my son who was lost is found.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:18 PM

668 posts, read 598,839 times
Quote:
That is blessed news for sure!

Old 10-11-2013, 01:43 PM

2,818 posts, read 3,043,130 times
Hopefully you can make up for the years. It is good news for sure.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:49 PM

12,867 posts, read 10,037,542 times
Thank you for replying and for encouragement. It's been a few years now since I saw him. I was in Kuwait, he turned 18 while I was gone and decided he was moving out - forget taking care of the house (and cat, who craftily survived unscathed)

Yes, though I'm the mom, I totally understand how God must feel when we return to Him.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:47 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,242,097 times
I had a prodigal son also. Long story, but as a mother it was the worst 18 months of my life.

I prayed and prayed. God knows the prayers of a mother's heart. His sister also prayed for her brother.

We welcomed him home, he was torn and broken from what he experienced, but we opened our arms and loved him even more than we thought possible.

So I rejoice with you!!!! God sends prodigals home, thanks you Lord!!!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2013, 03:56 PM

505 posts, read 504,660 times
Our children can become prodigal's in more ways than just leaving home. Many leave the church or leave the faith altogether. What of those who confess atheism or join a cult or a false religion?

I'm so very happy for you with your happy ending! This puts you in a unique position to intercede on behalf of other families going through the same prodigal heart-break. Lift them up in prayer. When you do it will be a blessing to them AND you will feel the love of God in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity