Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:09 PM

473 posts, read 821,823 times

Advertisements

I wanted to post a couple of Bible verses and give my interpretation and ask you for your interpretations. Thanks.

1 Corinthians 13:12--For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. KJV
1 Corinthians 13:12--Now we see things imperfectly like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me completely--New Living T.

To me this verse means that once we fully realize that God is all and in all, when we look into the mirror we will not only see Him staring back, but begin to REALLY see ourselves. We will start to see our own flaws and faults and begin to align ourselves with His will. We will start to see that He Himself came and lived a PERFECT EXAMPLE for us and we will want to become that perfect REFLECTION of Him.

2 Corinthians 3:18--But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord (US), are changed into the SAME IMAGE from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord.

Yeshua Bless You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 03:49 PM

112 posts, read 117,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
I wanted to post a couple of Bible verses and give my interpretation and ask you for your interpretations. Thanks.

1 Corinthians 13:12--For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. KJV
1 Corinthians 13:12--Now we see things imperfectly like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me completely--New Living T.

To me this verse means that once we fully realize that God is all and in all, when we look into the mirror we will not only see Him staring back, but begin to REALLY see ourselves. We will start to see our own flaws and faults and begin to align ourselves with His will. We will start to see that He Himself came and lived a PERFECT EXAMPLE for us and we will want to become that perfect REFLECTION of Him.

2 Corinthians 3:18--But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord (US), are changed into the SAME IMAGE from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord.

Yeshua Bless You

Either you are a mystic or you are toying with mysticism.

Dangerous.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:55 PM

I've been called the most practical person in the lives of my family and friends. They all seem to come to me for advice so your statement is strange to me. I attend a southern baptist church, they really aren't too far out there--just practical.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:

Yeshua Bless You
Very nice post Sheila. The only thing I see differently is when we look into the mirror we see ourselves as he is, and not our flaws. The problem with looking at our flaws, is we get floored by them.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:42 PM

Amen. Been there and done that one too, still working on some things. I was always a rebel but with a big heart. I always fought for the underdog having always been one---and I mean FOUGHT. Like a street fighter--this too is something that I put away years ago. But, I'm still afraid of what I would do if attacked--I never backed down before and I feel as if God is trying to humble and teach me several lessons about things like this--hard lessons. There's been several cases in my life that I could have died by not backing down, a couple of times came close. Once was with a shotgun, the blast hit my mothers door.
Yeshua Bless You

Old 10-14-2013, 05:03 PM

400 posts, read 601,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurph View Post
Either you are a mystic or you are toying with mysticism.
Dangerous.
I doubt Sheila knows of Cabalistic doctors, etc. You're right though, dangerous stuff.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:06 PM

112 posts, read 117,708 times
Quote:
I've been called the most practical person in the lives of my family and friends. They all seem to come to me for advice so your statement is strange to me. I attend a southern baptist church, they really aren't too far out there--just practical.

God is in all.........all is god...........

New Age talk. Something I would expect from a Unitarian.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
I doubt Sheila knows of Cabalistic doctors, etc. You're right though, dangerous stuff.

Had to google it. I don't believe in the Zodiac AT ALL, nor any superstitions whatsoever.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:

Yeshua Bless You
Sheila, there are even pastors who struggle with this one. There are entire books dedicated to 1 Corinthians and I think there is one just on 1 Corinthians Chapter 1. It sometimes helps to read the entire contextual thought, then pull out the verse in question for thorough exegesis. Breaking it down into segments makes it more manageable. Then putting it back together like a puzzle piece, connecting it to the larger contextual whole and seeing if it fits.
A key word in this verse is "darkly."

Old 10-14-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Had to google it. I don't believe in the Zodiac AT ALL, nor any superstitions whatsoever.
Good girl. Delete that Google search and never go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity