Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 05:05 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But many religions do teach there are different levels of heaven and one is placed on a certain level based on their terrestrial life.
I don't know of "many" that teach that. I can only think of one offhand. Do you know of others? At any rate, it would certainly make sense to me that greater obedience and faithfulness will lead to greater rewards, not to mention that fact that Jesus did say that He intended to reward every man according to his works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 05:31 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't know of "many" that teach that. I can only think of one offhand. Do you know of others? At any rate, it would certainly make sense to me that greater obedience and faithfulness will lead to greater rewards, not to mention that fact that Jesus did say that He intended to reward every man according to his works.
And he showed the reward would be the same in the illustration of the paid workers in the field. They worked different hours yet received the same pay.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Just the fundamentalists and all the ones under the age of consent ?.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And he showed the reward would be the same in the illustration of the paid workers in the field. They worked different hours yet received the same pay.
A big YES !!!!

And Jesus revealed that it is free and by faith ... nothing else.
".. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Rev 22:17 KJV

"And he [Jesus] said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace." Luke 7:50 KJV

Old 08-20-2016, 05:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSalvador View Post
Raised a Christian, it's been years since I went to church, but I remember always hearing that only a very, very small number of people will go to heaven and this number includes everyone who ever existed. that sounds like playing the lottery, so I will go to hell I guess. Ever thought of what would happen if you are a faithful Christian, go to church, read the bible, but in the end you still go to hell? Why? Simply because you weren't holy enough.
Sounds like you heard a poorly adaptation of what scriptures teaches.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
A big YES !!!!

And Jesus revealed that it is free and by faith ... nothing else.
".. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Rev 22:17 KJV

"And he [Jesus] said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace." Luke 7:50 KJV
Blind fundamentalist.... Her faith saved her from missing the mark not her ass from frying. Going in peace is the path of all who are saved from what the letter condemned us for, the same letter the blind fundamentalists use to beat the world up with.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:06 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

I have heard of 2--3 that teach various levels of the kingdom will be accessible by those who are found more worthy that others. One I remember has now closed the door on the highest level claiming the spots are filled and that there is no way they can be displaced from the select.

Where are the 7 levels of Heaven

Old 08-20-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I don't interpret that the same way you do. They worked different hours, yet they were both equally faithful in serving their employer once they were called to do so. If some of the workers (regardless of what time of day they were hired) had neglected their responsibilities for three or four hours out of the day and had just loafed around while the others around them were hard at work, I doubt their employer would have felt the need to pay them all equally. If a person who accepts the gospel of Jesus Christ late in life is true and faithful to his Savior for the years he has remaining, I believe that he will have the same reward as someone who was a Christian from an early age. I don't think that's the same thing as saying that the Lord doesn't care about our efforts to follow Him and keep His commandments, and that we're all going to receive the same reward regardless of how we lived our lives.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
How many will go to heaven?

Apparently, I responded to this question earlier but I forget what I said.

In any event, I want to change whatever I said previously to my current answer - which is 11.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I have heard of 2--3 that teach various levels of the kingdom will be accessible by those who are found more worthy that others. One I remember has now closed the door on the highest level claiming the spots are filled and that there is no way they can be displaced from the select.
Okay, if you say so. I don't believe God has put a cap on how many people will be considered "the elect," but that's just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity