Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 02:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
I don't intend to be rude but you aren't god so you can't prove its a fact or not.

We call our beliefs faith for a reason because we Hold Faith they are true even when their is no physical evidence.
You can't prove or disprove god exists but we still hold faith that he does.

You believe on faith that god condemns good people based on beliefs and not on their character,
But I don't rather I believe god saves based on the nature of our character rather than our beliefs.

May peace and love be with you.
Nobody can prevent you from believing in falsehoods other than showing from the Bible where God said otherwise ... and if you reject it, that is nobody's fault but your own.

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-19-2013 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 03:34 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Undoubtedly some have wandered and have severed the family ties. God still loves them as the parable of the Prodigal Son illustrates. The man in that parable never stopped thinking of his wayward son as his son.
Katzpur, the 'family ties' as it were, was severed for the entire human race as a result of Adam's original sin to which Romans 5:15-19 refers. John 3:18 tells us that we are already under condemnation and remain under condemnation until such time as we believe on Christ.

The parable of the Prodigal Son is analogous to the reversionistic or backslidden believer who recovers. He never lost his eternal salvation, but lived as an unbeliever would live.

God does love the unbeliever, but God cannot compromise His righteousness. If the unbeliever does not avail himself of God's provision for his salvation then he must remain under condemnation.

Quote:
Where does the Bible address the fate of those who died without every hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ?
When I said that the Bible backs up what I said, I was referring to what I said in post #30, which was;
It is not God's children who will spend the eternal future separated from God in the lake of fire, which by the way is also referred to as the black darkness, but those persons who do not come to the Father through Christ whereby they would have been credited with God's own perfect righteousness which would have qualified them to live in the presence of God forever. Man's imperfect righteousness cannot fellowship with God's perfect righteousness. God provided the means by which that problem could be remedied, but those persons who fail to avail themselves of God's solution will have to spend eternity future away from any relationship with God though He does not desire that any be lost. And since being in the presence of God forever is blessing, eternal separation from God can only be the opposite.
I did not address the issue of the fate of those who die without hearing the gospel of Christ in that post.

However, in post #21 of the thread //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...-who-went.html (which is not my thread) I did make a comment which addresses the issue of those who die without hearing the gospel. If you're interested, read it.

Last edited by Michael Way; 10-19-2013 at 03:51 PM..

Old 10-19-2013, 03:47 PM

Despite the fact that the OP clearly shows that it does matter what you believe, some people on this thread continue to maintain that it does not matter. They are arguing against what Jesus said. ''Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He you will die in your sins (John 8:24).

That statement is clear enough.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:07 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Despite the fact that the OP clearly shows that it does matter what you believe, some people on this thread continue to maintain that it does not matter.
I think a lot of people (me included) have said that it matters very much what we believe. But what we believe is not the only thing that matters. The Bible says that plenty of times, too.

Last edited by Katzpur; 10-19-2013 at 05:30 PM..

Old 10-19-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Despite the fact that the OP clearly shows that it does matter what you believe, some people on this thread continue to maintain that it does not matter. They are arguing against what Jesus said. ''Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He you will die in your sins (John 8:24).

That statement is clear enough.
Yes it's clear ... and John 8:24 doesn't make any exception to it.
The ones who do, do so out of preaching another gospel plan.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:58 PM

Moderator cut: delete

As God revealed through Paul:
Galatians 1:10
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
I am compelled to witness to the truth and risk the displeasure of certain people.... like Noah had to.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-23-2013 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: orphaned due to delete of quoted posts

Old 10-19-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I think a lot of people (me included) have said that it matters very much what we believe.
That's true of course. But some have said that what you believe doesn't matter.

Quote:
But what we believe is not the only thing that matters. The Bible says that plenty of times, too.
That's true as well. But I am only addressing in this thread the issue that what you believe is important.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:13 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
You can't please God without first believing that He is, and that He rewards those who seek Him- right?

Old 10-20-2013, 01:49 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Default Hebrews 8:8-13--Speaking of Contradictions

* wrong thread *

Last edited by thrillobyte; 10-20-2013 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: wrong thread

Old 10-20-2013, 10:58 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
That's true of course. But some have said that what you believe doesn't matter.
That's true as well. But I am only addressing in this thread the issue that what you believe is important.
The specific things ("precepts and doctrines of men") that you believe ABOUT Christ do not matter to God . . . AS LONG AS you believe ON Christ and FOLLOW Him and His direct instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't. That is what God cares about. It doesn't get more direct or clear than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
You can't please God without first believing that He is, and that He rewards those who seek Him- right?
We are not "pets" seeking rewards from God for performing designated "tricks." We are children maturing spiritually in "love of God and each other." Of course we must believe ON God . . . but that is not an intellectual feat determined by our stated beliefs. It is determined by our behavior and attitudes (our "fruits") toward all life and each other. True belief is not an intellectual exercise of our Will. We truly believe or we don't. We do not choose our true beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity