Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 06:11 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

the law he abolish is the law that claims only certain people can get education and only some are allowed to comment on what observations mean. Regardless of what commonsense is tossed out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 07:31 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Jesus plainly said that he did not come to abolish the law and anyone who kept the laws of Moses and taught others to keep the laws of Moses would be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

If somebody finds something that contradicts Jesus, then let them contradict Jesus.

If the law was Holy to observe when Jesus commented on the law, then it is still Holy and what Jesus says of the law is that he didn't come to abolish it, and why would he?

If Jesus came to abolish the law, then he accomplishes the mission of Anti-Christ, to turn the children of Israel away from the law. If Jesus came to turn Jews against the laws of Moses, then praise God that he was killed as a sinner who deserved to die.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:57 PM

481 posts, read 262,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post

WHICH IS THE LAW OF GOD?

The Old Testament? The New Testament? Or the Gospel?...

The commandments of the Gospel, are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many Old Testament commandments commands death sentences, wars and slavery.

The Law of God taught by Jesus Christ

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7:12)

What God wants is the mercy

"If you had known what this means, I want mercy and not sacrifice, you wouldn’t have condemned the innocent" (Matthew 12:7)

Jesus commanded to forgive seventy times seven:

"Then Peter came and said: Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Till seven? Jesus said: I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven." (Matthew 18 :21-22)

Jesus speaks to the pharisees about the Law

When the Pharisees heard that Jesus had left the Sadducees speechless, they met together. One of them, a legal expert, tested him. Teacher, what is the greatest commandment in the Law? He replied, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your being, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You must love your neighbor as you love yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands” (Matthew 22:34-40)

Jesus teaches to a rich man, the precepts of the Law

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19:16-22)

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many Old Testament commandments commands death sentences, wars and slavery.

So which is the law that the Christians must follow?

The law that Jesus CAME NOT TO ABOLISH is the GOSPEL'S LAW

There seems to be some confusion with Law and Commandments. There are 11 Commandments, the 10 passed down to Moses and written in the stone tablets, and the 11th. commandment that Jesus added to "love one another". the Laws that applied to the Israelites in regards to their salvation.

These 'Salvation Laws' had to be re-written by the successive Kings of the Israelites and read daily. The Commandments were the basic principals of God's Commandments and are still in force today.

There was a large mass of the Mosaic laws, and they no longer applied to us when Jesus was murdered by the Jews, as any 'contract to those laws' was fulfilled by the Ransom sacrifice.

Jesus, at first was a Jew and came under the Mosaic Laws, he spoke in the synagogues on those laws. All the disciples were also Jews and were also subject to the laws; however, salvation would come through Jesus when he died and was resurrected by his Heavenly Father, so the Mosaic laws were to become redundant, they did not apply to the new set up of the heavenly Kingdom.

The Israelites had been given many, many opportunities to reaming faithful to the Mosaic laws, but continued to fail until God could no longer call the his "Chosen People".

There was a continuation for the Mosaic Laws after Jesus died to allow the Jews to see that they had the same opportunity as others to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven that was being set up as the future ruling body of the world.

Eventually, the Gentiles were allowed into the 'Heavenly Kingdom Promise' the one that Jesus spoke of at the last supper.

Jesus said, "I came not to destroy the laws of the prophets, but to fulfill them".

Yes, Jesus did observe the Sabbath. Concerning him, we are told: “When the full limit of the time arrived, God sent forth his Son, who came to be out of a woman and who came to be under law.” (Galatians 4:4) Jesus was born an Israelite and as such was under Law, and that included the Sabbath law. It was not until after Jesus’ death that the Law covenant was taken away. (Colossians 2:13, 14) Knowing when these events took place in the stream of time helps us to understand God’s view on the matter.—See the chart on page 15.
True, Jesus did say: “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill.” (Matthew 5:17) But what does the expression “to fulfill” mean? To illustrate: A builder fulfills a contract to complete a building, not by ripping up the contract, but by finishing the structure. However, once the work has been completed to the client’s satisfaction, the contract is fulfilled and the builder is no longer under obligation to it. Likewise, Jesus did not break, or rip up, the Law; rather, he fulfilled it by keeping it perfectly. Once fulfilled, that Law “contract” was no longer binding on God’s people.

So it was the Mosaic Laws that Jesus fulfilled, not the Gospel teachings.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus plainly said that he did not come to abolish the law and anyone who kept the laws of Moses and taught others to keep the laws of Moses would be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

If somebody finds something that contradicts Jesus, then let them contradict Jesus.

If the law was Holy to observe when Jesus commented on the law, then it is still Holy and what Jesus says of the law is that he didn't come to abolish it, and why would he?

If Jesus came to abolish the law, then he accomplishes the mission of Anti-Christ, to turn the children of Israel away from the law. If Jesus came to turn Jews against the laws of Moses, then praise God that he was killed as a sinner who deserved to die.
Please give scriptural support for your first statement.

The Mosaic law was still practiced until Jesus resurrection, and a bit longer as a concession to the Jews of the time.

Jesus mission was not just to do away with the Mosaic law, his main mission there was to fulfill the need for the Mosaic Laws.

The fact of the matter is this: If anyone continues using the Mosaic laws, as their means of gaining salvation, they are ignoring Jesus Ransom sacrifice of the sins of mankind.

There is a desire to misconstrue this concept, and tithing is a very wanted old Mosaic Law that the churches want kept. Some of the Pentecostal denominations demand that a person present their tax returns so that the Church can tell them what amount they have to pay, and it is taken from Gross earnings not nett. If the person does not do this they are told they will not go to heaven.

The same applies to the Sabbath, it is not a law or even a suggestion from the Gospels.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
Please give scriptural support for your first statement.

The Mosaic law was still practiced until Jesus resurrection, and a bit longer as a concession to the Jews of the time.

Jesus mission was not just to do away with the Mosaic law, his main mission there was to fulfill the need for the Mosaic Laws.

The fact of the matter is this: If anyone continues using the Mosaic laws, as their means of gaining salvation, they are ignoring Jesus Ransom sacrifice of the sins of mankind.

There is a desire to misconstrue this concept, and tithing is a very wanted old Mosaic Law that the churches want kept. Some of the Pentecostal denominations demand that a person present their tax returns so that the Church can tell them what amount they have to pay, and it is taken from Gross earnings not nett. If the person does not do this they are told they will not go to heaven.

The same applies to the Sabbath, it is not a law or even a suggestion from the Gospels.

I just don't understand you, is the moon out tonight?

Will the sun rise tomorrow?

So too is the covenant with Israel who keeps the laws. If Stephen came teaching Jews not to keep the law, then Stephen was a dirty rotten antichrist who deserved the death of a false prophet and enemy of Israel.

Did Stephen come teaching against Moses and Jerusalem?

LIARS WERE PAID.

LIARS

Acts 21
21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

If Paul or Stephen came teaching Israel to dishonor the Torah and to forget the laws of Moses, then they needed to die a sinner's death for trying to tear the children of God away from his own ways.

The Sabbaths are made for man.

Jesus came teaching secrets of Torah, he did not come to abolish it and every single law will testify.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:09 PM

The Cherokee are such a loathsome tribe with their great fires and talk of winds and wolves beating drums, those aliens, those subhuman with their crazy traditions. Why do they hunt the Buffalo? {I am Cherokee}

Let us put them in trains to be sent to camps where we will make them like ourselves.

God's tradition is a tribal thing, why would a Jew abandon what God has ordained him to keep in his culture and proud heritage which I may add, has civilized the known world?

Speaking against the very word of God is like trying to dissect an Indian and all he practices in his ways and traditions. The world seeks to kill them because who can tolerate a people who would willingly keep the traditions of God?

Old 09-27-2016, 09:16 PM

Jesus came and brought a new covenant for Ephraim and Judah where the two would appoint one head between them as co-heirs.

A believer should begin right there, how are you Judah or Ephraim?

Old 09-28-2016, 06:02 PM

2 posts, read 844 times
If you love one another you have fulfilled the law and the prophets

Old 09-28-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
I remember the initial theme:
Can you quote the Gospel Law?

What are the laws of Leviticus, Deuteronomy and others that were to be re-written by the new Kings and read every day in the time of the favored Israelites. Like, you shall not yoke a bull with a donkey etc.

The laws of leprosy, the laws of taking a wife etc. Where are these priests that will look at someone's leprosy and declare them clean or unclean, maybe they have been replaced by doctors...But then if the Mosaic laws have not been replaced and you go to a doctor, you will be in breach of the law, Right?

Old 09-28-2016, 08:07 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You might want to read Matthew 3:9 again. (And do not presume to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.')

A few months ago on the Second Sunday after Penetcost, I was thinking of you during the Epistle reading in the Episcopal Church.

Galatians 1:6-7
Quote:
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
Paul is speaking of Judaizers who preached a completely contradictory message following every visit to Galatia. He is despair that there are interlopers who are actively trying to revert Christians back to Judaism and muddling the message of Christ. (These were said during the priest's sermon!)

Then I heard this a few Sundays later (10th Sunday after Pentecost):

Colossians 2:16
Quote:
Therefore do not let anyone condemn you in matters of food and drink or of observing festivals, new moons, or sabbaths.
I remembered your posts in that thread about keeping the Feast of Booths (Tabernacles) and the new moon. I let out a little smirk in commemoration as the lector read that verse.

If there are Messianic Jews/Christians, then I would not be surprised to see Christian Muslims/Islamic Christians contrasting the New Testament with the Quran at this point in time. With everything going these days, nothing is out of the real of possibility!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity