Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 05:05 PM

301 posts, read 287,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
Just the law of Moses or the first 5 books of the bible with the old law ordinances.
Malachi 3:8 is for today.
Exodus 20 is for today or rementioned in Matthew 5.
Hello tony. The prophets tell us that God's law was changed by the scribes, so in the Old Testament there are many precepts of men. The prophets tell us this:

"...but my people know not the ordinance of the LORD. "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie". (Jeremiah 8:7-8)
"Woe to those who give wicked laws and scribes who write tyrannical prescriptions to set aside the poor and violate the rights of the underdog of my people, to rob widows and orphans" (Isaiah 10.1 -2)

"And the land is defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the commandments, broken the everlasting covenant" (Isaiah 24: 5-6).

"He says, therefore, the Lord: Because this people draw near me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me, and their fear of me is a commandment of men which have been taught" (Isaiah 29.13).

And Jesus Christ, remembering the words of the prophet Isaiah, also told the scribes and Pharisees who were teaching the commandments of men:

"Hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
This people honors me with their lips;
But their heart is far from me.
But in vain they do worship me,
Teaching for doctrines commandments of men"
(Matthew 15.7-9

Dear friends, this is what happened, what the prophets tell us: The God's law was changed by the scribes. For this reason, the Old Testament's law is different to the commandments of Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 10:01 AM

Default The gospel is the true Law of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
"Christians" seem to have a relativistic attitude towards the Commandment of loving their neighbor as themselves, the laying down their life for their brothers seems a step to far for 99% of the "Christians" I have met.
You are right, friend. Many "Christians" are just false Christians, not faithfully follow the Gospel. But the gospel is still the true Law of God, and all men of good will, look for the rest in the beautiful teaching of Jesus Christ.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:59 AM

Default True Law that God gave to Moses is the Gospel's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
Just the law of Moses or the first 5 books of the bible with the old law ordinances.
Malachi 3:8 is for today.
Exodus 20 is for today or rementioned in Matthew 5.
Hello tony. As says Romans 13:10, "love is the fulfilling of the law". This shows you that the true Law that God gave Moses is the Law and the commandments that Jesus taught us in the Gospel.

Jesus himself said that the Law and the prophets is this:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

And also, Jesus teaches to a rich man, the precepts of the Law:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many commandments of the Old Testament commanded death sentences, wars and slavery.
And those commandments weren't really God's Law.

Therefore, to know the true law of God, the first thing to understand is that the teachings of Jesus Christ in the Gospel, reveal the true Law of God.

True Law that God gave to Moses, are not all the laws of the Old Testament (of which many commanded: wars, death sentences, slavery and sacrifices). Those laws were not the true Law of God, because Jesus himself said that the Law and the prophets is this:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

Old 02-18-2014, 07:50 AM

Default The mercy was what commanded the true Law of God.

Jesus taught us in the Gospel that the Law of God commanded mercy. Jesus Christ says so:

"all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets". (Matthew 7:12)

"If you had known what this means, I want mercy and not sacrifice, you wouldn’t have condemned the innocent" (Matthew 12:7)

Even the Old Testament says that God's law commanded mercy:

"For mercy I want and not sacrifice; and full knowledge of God rather than whole burnt-offerings". (Hosea 6:7)

"O son, my laws forget not, and my sayings give heed to in your heart! For the length of existence and years of life and peace shall be added to you. Charity and trust - do not let them fail to you, but affix them upon your neck, and write them upon the tablet of your heart, and you shall find favor! And think beforehand on the good things before the LORD and men". (Proverbs 3:1-4)

The mercy was what commanded the true Law of God.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:59 AM

Default The Gospel is the only Law of God and the only way to heaven.

Quote:
Dear 77,
Do you speak for God? From outward appearance, it seem you not only abolish the Law but the prophets also. Are you like Paul, a self professed prophet? Do you also preach that "whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery." Or do you give one who sues you your shirt? Do you preach that you "should not make a vow". Are you married, and if so, did you make a vow? Do you preach that if your right hand makes you stumble, it would be better to cut it off"?.....

I repeat what they say the Gospel and the prophets. You're the one who leaves the Gospel and the prophets abolished with your Judaizing laws.

Every good Christian is a prophet of Jesus Christ ... And those who join with Judaizing religions (repudiated) commit adultery .

And anyone who asks you something, you must give it if you have it and he really needs it.

Jesus says we should not swear by anything. The swearing does not respect the law of Christ.

About weddings, Jesus said that those who are worthy of the kingdom of God, neither marry nor are given in marriage ... Jesus did not marry .

As for the right hand , it also refers to writing. Do not write or preach anything beyond what is written in the Gospel. The right hand of men who do not love the Gospel , has polluted the world with his writings liars.

The Gospel is the only Law of God and the only way to heaven.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Dear 77,
Mt 19:16 was about what was necessary to obtain "Life". Mt 19:21 is about attaining completeness. "Follow Me" Mt 22:37-40, is about the summation of the Law and the prophets, which represent the whole Law and the Prophets. These two commandments include "Love God...and You shall love your neighbor as yourself". These are a summation and not a substitution. These same sentiments are found in Rabbi Hillel, and Confucius. The difference is that Yeshua taught more. His message was the kingdom of heaven, which is neither taught or sufficiently understood. We are now at the "end of the age". Whether you understand, or not, it is "at hand". A good description would be found at Ze 14. There is no such thing as "Gospel Law".

There is the gospel of Yeshua, which is the kingdom of heaven, and the gospel of the self professed apostle and prophet Paul (John 5:31), which is the gospel of Grace. One is wide and leads to destruction. It might help if you would define your terms more closely, so that others can figure which path you have chosen.
Ummmmmmm..

The prophets say:

"...but my people know not the ordinance of the LORD. "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie". (Jeremiah 8:7-8)

There is the gospel of Yeshua....

OK......

Old 03-18-2014, 12:42 PM

Default Jesus taught us in the Gospel the true Law of God

The only Law of God is what Jesus teaches us in the Gospel. And that is what many religions never understood and many don't understand still.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:54 PM

Default Many Old Testament laws already passed because they were just precepts of men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
The only Law of God is what Jesus teaches us in the Gospel. And that is what many religions never understood and many don't understand still.
Christians who are faithful to the Gospel are the true christians, and only follow Christ's commandments written in the Gospel.

Many Old Testament laws already passed because they were just precepts of men, and so Jesus abolished them.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:59 PM

Default In the Gospel everything is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What is Jesus NEW commandment at John 13 vs 34,35; 15 v 13 ?____________

Jesus' new commandment is superior to the Golden Rule because Christ-like love is self-sacrificing love as Jesus showed.
The Golden Rule is the law of God as taught by Jesus Christ, and the commandment of love is part of the Law of Christ. So everything is important.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:09 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

that have never changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity