Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why don't you address the OP instead of my posts ?.
Actually, I was not talking to you. I told Vizio that I am amazed people spend so much time talking about things they claim they do not believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 09:43 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
The bible does not contain every single thing God ever said, nor has God stopped speaking to man.
And Adam was warned he would die if he disobeyed. he had warning.
If you bother to actually read scriptures you'd know that through out scriptures that there are warnings all through it, in fact hell Is first mentioned in the old testament.

One's own resistance to God, manufactures a blindness , like wearing dark glasses , refusing to see all the light.
It seems only the "desperate to know God" are wiling to take off the shades and let go of their rebellion and invite God in.
God does not force belief, nor force faith.
That has to be the act of the individual .
One glitch remains a problem though .
It seems that a compulsive liar has the most difficulty with this .

Old 10-27-2013, 09:45 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually, I was not talking to you. I told Vizio that I am amazed people spend so much time talking about things they claim they do not believe.
So they should because its got the whole of Christendom in fear of it. You can deny it as much as want, and keep supporting the belief of it on the same threads that universalists speak against the belief of its existence.

Why don't you address and answer the OP?.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:56 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Your bible might be missing the 2nd book of revelation. It say in 2Rev 13:24: " then the church system snatched the keys away from Jesus, changed the locks of hell. Then the beastly system announced ' the gates of hell are locked from the inside'".
whoa what does that mean? and i read about the keys in the gospels

Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 AM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
whoa what does that mean? and i read about the keys in the gospels
The 'gospel' keys were used to unlock the way for the Jews to become Christian, the Samaritans to become Christian, and then unlock the way for the gentile people of the nations to become Christians.

Jesus, according to Revelation 1 v 18, has the keys to unlock death and hell. [ biblical hell is the grave ]
During Jesus' 1000-year kingdom reign over earth Jesus will release all in the Bible's hell [ grave ] - Acts 24 v 15
Then, emptied-out hell ends up cast into a symbolic 'second death' for vacated hell. - Rev. 20 vs 13,14.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:18 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdMaster View Post
How do spirits burn? How do they burn up over and over again?

And don't answer...because God can do whatever he wants......
God has revealed there are TWO resurrections.. one for the "living" and one for the "dead"

John 5:28-29
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
There is a thousand year span between the first and second resurrection

Revelation 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
After the thousand years is the second resurrection unto the "second death."
Revelation 20:11-15
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
The two resurrections are confirmed in the Old Testament
Daniel 12:2-3
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Those that are damned are resurrected unto a body that is not glorified

Isaiah 66:23-24
King James Version (KJV)

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

In the end, there is a BOOK OF LIFE and those that are NOT in the BOOK OF LIFE that are cast into the lake of fire. These will have some type of flesh apparently.

Do YOU want to play around with God's Word to make it say something that it does not say taking Scripture out of context?

Revelation 22:19
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:31 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God's will that none should perish is not over-ridden by His will to demonstrate His power in His Justice.

Romans 9
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

God will be glorified in His Mercy AND his Justice.

What would be "fair" and "just" is for God to send each and every one of us to eternal Damnation for our rebellion against Him. We've ALL transgressed against Him and the Just sentence is death for ALL OF US.

But God in His love is inviting Mankind for a free pardon in JESUS Christ as He suffered the suffering, shame, and death that WE DESERVE.

Christ's invitation is to ALL of Mankind..

John 7:37-38
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

GOD is CRYING OUT for us to come to REPENTANCE, but He will not force us to.

Matthew 7:13-14

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:23 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If God is trying to save everyone from a "Hell" when did He never broach the subject with Adam so Adam could tell his wife and kids?

Why didn't God ever tell Noah to tell the people they were going to a "Hell" if they didn't get on the boat?

Why didn't God ever tell Moses that if the Israelites break His laws they'd all go to a "Hell"?

If eternal torment is true, you'd think it'd be on every page of the Bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Whoever said that Adam and Eve are in Hell?
The people didn't want to get on the boat with Noah. Who said that they were in Hell?
Whoever said that the Israelites went to Hell?

I don't think that you know what you are talking about. I don't think that the people that you are listening to know what they are saying.

According to this quote, they believe all Noah flood victims went to hell:
"Jesus said the Last Days would be like the Days of Noah, when people went about life as usual and didn't see the impending doom, because they didn't care to know THE TRUTH. The flood came and swept the wicked away. They all went to Hell in their unbelief, having died in their sins."
They “knew not until the flood came”

Spurgeon believed the flood victims were swept away to hell
http://www.spurgeongems.org/vols13-15/chs823.pdf

Why didn't God tell anyone for thousands of years from Adam onward there was a place called Hell? Was He just trying to win friends and influence enemies by being silent? Maybe He didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings?

Last edited by Eusebius; 10-28-2013 at 01:33 PM..

Old 10-28-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Doesn't the fact that there was a burning garbage dump outside Jerusalem called Gehenna (which was translated hell in scripture) during Jesus' ministry have something to do with His talk of burning people? Didn't He constantly use imagery and parables from their culture and society to teach them?
God is actually against torture, especially when it comes to fire. When the Israelites were burning their children to Moloch He was horrified by this and told them this never came up on His heart for them to do this.

Now then, if God set them straight about burning their kids, do we think He would do the opposite of what He opposes?

And what about Gehenna? It will be re-instituted during the Millennium as a garbage dump where they will burn DEAD BODIES their who received the death penalty. They will not be burned ALIVE:

Isaiah 66:23-24 And it comes, according to the monthly quota in its month, and according to the sabbath quota in its sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before Me in Jerusalem,says Yahweh." (24) And they fare forth and see the corpses of the mortals, the transgressors against Me, for their worm shall not die, and their fire shall not be quenched, and they become a repulsion to all flesh."

But the above is not about hell. God never warned anyone about a hell.

God never once said "If you don't believe in Jesus you will go to Hell."

Old 10-28-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God's will that none should perish is not over-ridden by His will to demonstrate His power in His Justice.

Romans 9
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

God will be glorified in His Mercy AND his Justice.

What would be "fair" and "just" is for God to send each and every one of us to eternal Damnation for our rebellion against Him. We've ALL transgressed against Him and the Just sentence is death for ALL OF US.

But God in His love is inviting Mankind for a free pardon in JESUS Christ as He suffered the suffering, shame, and death that WE DESERVE.

Christ's invitation is to ALL of Mankind..

John 7:37-38
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

GOD is CRYING OUT for us to come to REPENTANCE, but He will not force us to.

Matthew 7:13-14

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mike, God never said "destruction" and "perish" means hell fire and damnation. So why do you think such terms mean that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity