Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:37 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
There's no doubt in my mind that if some of the posters on this forum could see the souls falling into hell with their own eyes they still wouldn't believe. Jesus was right in saying, that many will not believe, even if they someone rises from the dead. The Jewish leadership knew Jesus had risen and still didn't believe. Same thing today.
Hmmm...maybe because what they believe (at least in that arena) is true. No one, ever, has or ever will see, "souls falling into hell." Because it just ain't true. Hell doesn't work that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 08:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,022,775 times
Quote:
There's no doubt in my mind that if some of the posters on this forum could see the souls falling into hell with their own eyes they still wouldn't believe. Jesus was right in saying, that many will not believe, even if they someone rises from the dead. The Jewish leadership knew Jesus had risen and still didn't believe. Same thing today.
There's not a doubt in MY mind that your average, comfy, middle class American has no idea that for MILLIONS of people hell is right here on this earth. A mother watching her child die of diarrhea because of unclean water is in hell. Right now. No "falling into it". She is already there.

I'd love to know if the fundamentalists (who appear to be entranced with the idea of a big ol' firey pit) believe God is going to send that woman to hell if she's a Muslim or a Hindu.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:02 PM

5,965 posts, read 6,980,955 times
Quote:
I have seen hell on earth with my own eyes and I do believe it is real. As for the mythical fire pit you believe most people are chosen for, no, that's crap.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:51 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,887,131 times
Quote:
I do believe that, in the future, those not in the scroll/book of life will be cast into the lake of fire which is DEATH. It is not conscious writhing in pain and suffering but is DEATH.

Now then, how long is that death to last? It can't be eternal because the apostle Paul saw beyond John's revelation and wrote about it in 1 Corinthians 15:20-28:

1Co 15:26 T h e
___________l a s t
_______________ e n e m y
______________________i s
________________________ b e i n g
______________________________ a b o l i s h e d:
__________________________________________d e a t h.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 AM

7,708 posts, read 12,556,053 times
Threads like this wouldn't even exist if some people actually opened up their Bibles and got to cracking like the rest of us. This is yet another sad underhanded attempt to point the blame at somebody for their own poor choices in life. Not taking the bait.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:38 AM

Are you saying God made a poor choice to keep mum on such an important issue?

I mean, really?!?!?

If eternal torment is true and, since God is all knowing, and He knew, according to you, people would make "poor choices" isn't that even more reason for God to tell at lease ONE person for thousands of years that such a place exists for those who make "poor choices"?

If you really got to cracking a properly translated Bible, like the rest of us, you'd be agreeing with me.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdMaster View Post
There is no hell.
Actually if you go to Google Maps and type in Hell, Michigan you will see that Hell really does exist. I live about 100 miles from Hell. Heck, I've been to Hell and back!

Old 11-21-2013, 01:18 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Actually if you go to Google Maps and type in Hell, Michigan you will see that Hell really does exist. I live about 100 miles from Hell. Heck, I've been to Hell and back!
Take Bill Weise's lead and write a book on it and make a few quid.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Take Bill Weise's lead and write a book on it and make a few quid.
Actually there was fire in Hell when we went there. We went to a park and these people were cooking huge amounts of corn on the cob in 50 gallon drums filled with water, over a fire. They invited us to have some. Hell is a pretty nice place.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:45 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Actually there was fire in Hell when we went there. We went to a park and these people were cooking huge amounts of corn on the cob in 50 gallon drums filled with water, over a fire. They invited us to have some. Hell is a pretty nice place.
Well at least you got out alive. Did you see anything out of the ordinary there, like demons or strange sounds of weeping and wailing ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity