Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 02:41 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,967 times

Advertisements

I attend a Christian church, and attended a retreat last weekend. The night before, I was invited to a naughty ladies party. I declined, thinking that wouldn't be the best spiritual preparation the night before a retreat. During the retreat, I found out that my friend has decided to hold another naughty lady party at her house next month. Being at the retreat, my first instinct was to decline because it all just doesn't seem like something a mature Christian woman would take part in.

Well now I'm back in the "real world" and first of all, I am too afraid to tell my friend, who I drink with all the time, that I cannot attend her party because I'm trying to mature in my Christian walk. She might laugh me out of her house! Secondly, I'm starting to think, what is the big deal, I'll just go and not buy anything. Would it really be that big of a deal if I went?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 03:41 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Best to pass on that party , but do it to Jesus in your prayers , as to tell the world spirits , you cannot have me world spirit , I belong to Jesus ........ And resist the worldly parties , and Jesus will see your willingness to be obedient to His character ..... .. See Like the scripture of Ephesians 6: 13-17... ....``Take on the whole armour of God , that you may be able to withstand in the evil day , and have done all to stand , having your loins girt about with truth, , and having on the breastplate of righteousness, , and your feet shooed with the preparation of the gospel of peace, taking the shield of faith, where as you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked . and take the helmet of salvation , and the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God ``... Resisting Sin is the will of God , and some times your friends may turn out to be not your friends when you add Jesus to your life , but Jesus says pray for your friends ....

Old 10-28-2013, 03:48 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
The essence of the Christian walk is to deny oneself and live for God. At some point you need to make a decision to live for the world...or live for Christ. Yeah--you may get laughed at. On the other hand, your friend might respect you more for actually living what you believe.

My advice? I have no idea what a "naughty ladies' party" is...but I'd suggest maybe telling her that you don't feel you want to attend, as it's a morality issue.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:13 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
First of all, I can only imagine what goes on at a naughty ladies party. Care to clue me in?

A good rule of thumb would be to ask yourself, "Would I be comfortable if Jesus were watching me at this party?" If the answer is, "No," don't go, because He is.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:15 PM

It's like a Tupperware party for sex toys.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:16 PM

One thing I was thinking, is what if I was married and was interested in "marital aids"? Then would it be ok to attend?

Old 10-28-2013, 04:17 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
It's like a Tupperware party for sex toys.
OMG! Tell me they don't do demos.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:39 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I attend a Christian church, and attended a retreat last weekend. The night before, I was invited to a naughty ladies party. I declined, thinking that wouldn't be the best spiritual preparation the night before a retreat. During the retreat, I found out that my friend has decided to hold another naughty lady party at her house next month. Being at the retreat, my first instinct was to decline because it all just doesn't seem like something a mature Christian woman would take part in.

Well now I'm back in the "real world" and first of all, I am too afraid to tell my friend, who I drink with all the time, that I cannot attend her party because I'm trying to mature in my Christian walk. She might laugh me out of her house! Secondly, I'm starting to think, what is the big deal, I'll just go and not buy anything. Would it really be that big of a deal if I went?
People laughing at you comes with walking the Christian life with Christ. Your friends will deride you, gossip about you, and hate you for living for Jesus Christ striving to do what is right. It comes with the territory of following Christ.

Why don't you stand up for what is right, tell them thank you for offering but you can't as you want to do what is right and are now living a life dedicated to obeying Jesus Christ. Offer other things you and your friend can do that is clean and recommend she comes to church with you. Rub off on Her as opposed to the other way around and work to be the "salt" Jesus tells you to be.

How does God feel about you hanging out in a room with a bunch of girls basically provoking Him to anger flaunting a bunch of sex toys probably dragging His name in the mud in the process.. *eg (oh my God.. Oh my Lord.. JC < won't even say this one, etc.?

Mocking Him.

think about it... Many aren't..

Old 10-28-2013, 04:46 PM

OK. I just fear that I will come off sounding ridiculous given the fact that I still choose to drink.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:08 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,308,567 times
You can simply tell them you have no desire to attend such a party because it doesn't fill your needs. Plain and simple. I don't think attending is a Christian issue nor is non-attendance. And sex toy parties are not the issue - persons who are Christians have sexual hang-ups and can/do require aids for fulfillment. If pushed, you may tell them it is all of what else will go on at such an event AND you don't think you can be fulfilled as a non-married Christian female to participate in such ribald debauchery, as you would imagine and envision. That MAY be what Jesus would do, but I'm not him. I imagine at that point Jesus would simply pick up a stick and begin writing in the sand (John Chapter 8: 1-11), but again, I'm not him.

Drinking, recreational, pleasurable sex, reading comics on the Holy Day, smoking - all things a pig doesn't do, and it don't make them holy either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity