Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 01:53 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times

Advertisements

[quote=Vizio;32061463][quote=bartstarr1960;32061225]What is Christian polyamory, one may ask? It’s not polygamy, though polygamy is part of it.

Moderator cut: delete quote from above link[

Why would you think God doesn't judge? We are told to live holy lives. In fact, the apostle Paul addressed some cases of sexual immorality in the Corinthian church -- including a man having his father's wife. It was considered a terrible thing!
Quote:

Another church member said:
If Polyamory raises negative thoughts and emotions in some Christians, the church has some poly-friendly tips.

Fact of the matter is, though, the camel's nose is under the tent. It's only a matter of time before the whole thing comes in. Once society accepts homosexuality, it's only a matter of time for polygamy and polyamory to be forced on society.

You know better than that, polygamy is not a sin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 03:27 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,850,449 times
Quote:
vizio wrote:
Fact of the matter is, though, the camel's nose is under the tent. It's only a matter of time before the whole thing comes in. Once society accepts homosexuality, it's only a matter of time for polygamy and polyamory to be forced on society.
I'm not sure if polygamy will be forced on society, but I'm sure it will come into more popular practice, both formally and informally. We know it already exists in Utah, and probably other places. Once the govt. says its "no one else's business who marries who", they have philosophically opened to the door to all kinds of arrangements.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:14 PM

91 posts, read 97,269 times
Papyrus refers to wife of Jesus!
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/19/us...wife.html?_r=2

"A historian of early Christianity at Harvard Divinity School has identified a papyrus fragment in the Coptic language that she says contains the first known statement saying that Jesus was married. The fragment also refers to a female disciple."

Last edited by Danite; 11-03-2013 at 10:22 PM..

Old 11-04-2013, 06:41 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,293,333 times
I simply don't understand a veiled attempt at logic and reason when it seems to me, this is just simply about keeping your pants zipped and your panties where they belong. A covenant of G-d is expressed in taking this man, not men, and taking this woman, not women. Swinging is not justified and few walk away without getting hurt. Polyamory under the guise of spirituality. Snake charmers and soap peddlers! I got a bridge I want to sell - whose buying, under the guise of inclusive love and the hopes of eternity?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 AM

668 posts, read 686,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danite View Post

"A historian of early Christianity at Harvard Divinity School has identified a papyrus fragment in the Coptic language that she says contains the first known statement saying that Jesus was married. The fragment also refers to a female disciple."

There were many female "disciples". The bible tell's of many.

What difference would it make if Jesus were married or not?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:13 AM

668 posts, read 686,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I'm not sure if polygamy will be forced on society, but I'm sure it will come into more popular practice, both formally and informally. We know it already exists in Utah, and probably other places. Once the govt. says its "no one else's business who marries who", they have philosophically opened to the door to all kinds of arrangements.
That's exactly right. The "Gay" marriage issue is the flood gate that all others will enter. It will be legal for adults to marry children and animals. It's really all the same thing anyway. Sin is sin.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:35 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
That's exactly right. The "Gay" marriage issue is the flood gate that all others will enter. It will be legal for adults to marry children and animals. It's really all the same thing anyway. Sin is sin.

Marrying animals???...Reminds me of a South Park episode...lol...

Old 11-04-2013, 12:52 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,293,333 times
Wow, I don't see the connection between polyamory and bestiality, pedophilia, and homosexuality. Separate ideas, separate discussions. This ain't just throwing out the baby with the bathwater, it's washing a rock and calling it the baby. Start a new thread for that idea and don't bring it up here - just way too inflammatory and too much off topic.

Polyamory is about several consenting adults swinging. All may desire greater flame, but this is not similar to any of the above. Separate threads for all. People think they are getting a good thing with swinging. They don't. Pedophilia and bestiality is wrong and will always be wrong. There is no culture that supports this (though some turn their heads). And homosexuality isn't even in this picture. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Start a discussion of something more connected, but these issues are fully separate and should not be included in the same exchange.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:30 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,544,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danite View Post

I guess you missed the follow-up to that story:

'Jesus Wife' Papyrus Deemed a Fake : Discovery News

Old 11-04-2013, 10:08 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,098,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Condescend?

So..... the fundamentalists believe that sex is a sin unless they're married (OK to do the deed if the get-out-of-jail free card is bestowed by a now-approving God) ... and the minute they pass through the pearly gates God pulls the yellow card and it becomes condescending.

Fascinating.
Yes. Condescend. Have you never heard of something described as better than sex? Motto be crass, but being in the presence of God will be much much better than the thrill off physical sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity