Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 09:50 AM

264 posts, read 350,999 times

Advertisements

What do you think about rapist, murders, embezzlers, liars, child molesters, terrorists, radicles, robbers and all evil doers. Do you cheer on when they are exposed in the media and sentenced to their JUST DUES?

Yet we get on our knees and ask God to PLEASE FORGIVE ME for my sinful ways and expect a Pardon!

These people are held captive by the devil to do his bidding, the same way as WE WERE in some way shape or form, and for the most part still are if we are led of our flesh and not of the Spirit.

But my concern is why we SEEK and APPLAUD their demise and even wanting their DEATH saying we won't be happy until they are sentenced to imprisonment for life or death PENALTY!

Are you not carnal? Do you not seek the same things that evil men seek, standing with them in chiming for another man's JUST DUES? We still seek blood! We are supposed to save souls, not desire their death. We are ALL sinners saved by grace and Christ died for every single murderer, rapist, terrorist, liar etc... not just YOU OR ME. Their sins past are wiped clean so that NO MAN can boast of why their sins were not as bad as someone else, so that is why they were worthy to be saved! It is the walk we walk after we come to Christ that ONLY MATTERS unto God.

If we do as they do, we are the same as they are.
The only time that murder can be in the earth, is when there is just one man who has a willing heart to kill.
When Cain killed his own brother Abel, Did Adam kill Cain? Did Eve kill Cain? Did God kill Cain? The answer is NO! The reason is that there was NO MAN with a heart to kill on the earth. God uses willing hearted men to carry out His will. Once Cain was sent out into the saved nations and took a wife and began his bloodline of BAD BLOOD by his seed, only then did he teach others to murder and kill.
We do not decide who should be killed because they offended us, for if that was the measure then every man makes up what to them is worthy of murdering someone.
Christ is our measure, for we are to let the Word dictate to us how to deal with others.

In the OT before God sent His Son to set the captives free from sinful ways that lead to death, God used the army of Israel to defend themselves, and God used the army of Israel to deal with other UNGODLY nations but that was because under the law of Moses, man was still carnal in nature... but we are supposed to have been transformed by the renewing of our minds and learn to not be led of angry and greed, but to love others by whipping out our sWord of the Spirit which is the Word of God to do away with the nature of the old man that still sees killing off the offender as the ONLY way, instead of teaching them of THE WORD of truth to change their way of thinking.
For it is the Truth that sets us FREE in our minds for there are FAR more prisoners outside the literal bars of a building and they are living in hell. We must reach in the hot water that they are in and try to help pull them out, not just watch them burn as we cheer it on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 11:04 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
How do you reconcile the righteous anger expressed by Jesus in this passage? What words would a righteous man use today to express his contempt for a pedophile

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Justice is getting what you deserve
Mercy is not getting what you deserve
Grace is getting what you don't deserve

I would challenge you to try serving in a prison ministry if you feel deeply about this. I’m just not that merciful.

... just sayin'

Old 11-12-2013, 11:15 AM

400 posts, read 601,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
When Cain killed his own brother Abel, Did Adam kill Cain? Did Eve kill Cain? Did God kill Cain? The answer is NO! The reason is that there was NO MAN with a heart to kill on the earth.
More likely:
And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.[emphasis mine] And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. (Genesis 4:13,15 KJV)

Old 11-12-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
How do you reconcile the righteous anger expressed by Jesus in this passage? What words would a righteous man use today to express his contempt for a pedophile

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Justice is getting what you deserve
Mercy is not getting what you deserve
Grace is getting what you don't deserve

I would challenge you to try serving in a prison ministry if you feel deeply about this. I’m just not that merciful.

... just sayin'

The verse you quoted is talking about anyone who would cause a little child to fall by teaching them the wicked ways of the world and to go against Christ/The Word, it will be better for them to have a large millstone ......
It is not saying anyone who harms a child, but who teaches the child to harm others and other wicked things that end up harming THEM.

Cause no man harm or loss.
If you think I CONDONE these types of evils... you would sadly be mistaken, yet I know that it is not with flesh and blood that we wrestle, but with the wicked spiritual beings who teach men to harm little children and do evil in the sight of God.
I also would like to say.... I certainly hope you never dress a little child in seductive clothing that oly entices grown men to look at your child as a SEX object TEMPTING men to sin being workers for the devil?
These who enter their children in BEAUTY contests, putting make up and making them ATTRACTIVE for bait! Or those who offer their children up to idols as sacrifices by allowing them to wear sexy clothing to school, BUYING THEM FOR THEM because they LOVE them sooooo much, In the wrong self centered way and not in the ways of God that led them into a life of HELL.
For God knows that dressing your child in these things will give man ideas and your child may be ruined for your LACK of love, not considering what is best for your child... but what they want because they know no better and that is why God gave them PARENTS (NOT like minded FRIENDS) to guide them. Be a parent first training them in the Word of God for a godly character that will not bring shame to them in the future, and you won't have to be ashamed of them and raise your grandchildren till they get out of prison.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
More likely:
And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.[emphasis mine] And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. (Genesis 4:13,15 KJV)

That is right, Cain was given the mark showing of what nature he was of... for his father was THE BEAST meaning the devil who taught him a dog eat dog nature that carnal man serves being SELF CENTERNESS and PRIDE willing to kill for his own gain. Why Cain even named a city after his own son.
But if we do as they do, we are the same as they are!

God will use you if you have a heart to harm someone, for God uses men to carry out His plans. Yet you will NEVER see God taking ones freewill who does not have a heart to harm already and make Him go against it. If you think that something is against God... then for you it is, rather it really is or not does not matter to God. Only your faith to NOT DO it because YOU believe it to be wrong in the eyes of God. That is faith!

Old 11-12-2013, 04:57 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
The verse you quoted is talking about anyone who would cause a little child to fall by teaching them the wicked ways of the world and to go against Christ/The Word, it will be better for them to have a large millstone ......
It is not saying anyone who harms a child, but who teaches the child to harm others and other wicked things that end up harming THEM.

Cause no man harm or loss.
If you think I CONDONE these types of evils... you would sadly be mistaken, yet I know that it is not with flesh and blood that we wrestle, but with the wicked spiritual beings who teach men to harm little children and do evil in the sight of God.
I also would like to say.... I certainly hope you never dress a little child in seductive clothing that oly entices grown men to look at your child as a SEX object TEMPTING men to sin being workers for the devil?
These who enter their children in BEAUTY contests, putting make up and making them ATTRACTIVE for bait! Or those who offer their children up to idols as sacrifices by allowing them to wear sexy clothing to school, BUYING THEM FOR THEM because they LOVE them sooooo much, In the wrong self centered way and not in the ways of God that led them into a life of HELL.
For God knows that dressing your child in these things will give man ideas and your child may be ruined for your LACK of love, not considering what is best for your child... but what they want because they know no better and that is why God gave them PARENTS (NOT like minded FRIENDS) to guide them. Be a parent first training them in the Word of God for a godly character that will not bring shame to them in the future, and you won't have to be ashamed of them and raise your grandchildren till they get out of prison.
You completely missed the point... and your response gives me pause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity