Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 06:30 PM

535 posts, read 968,484 times

Advertisements

I've read Proverbs 7:4, Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” give us the she.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 08:32 PM

264 posts, read 351,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
I belive she is the Holy Spirit, the Angel Sophia.
God is both male and female in attributes yet considered male and yes the Holy Spirit is the she/female side or Pearl of wisdom the tree of life. God is a family, Father Son and Holy Ghost are all 3 one.
Adam was made in God's image both male and female in attributes until God divided his attributes and took Eve out of Adam. That is why the two become ONE FLESH... this is why there is neither male nor female in Christ for we are being made into the ONE NEW MAN. There is no gender in the spirit.

She is the gift of God that kings reign by and all the blessings come. By her God laid the foundations, she is the Spirit of God that teaches us the wisdom of our Father. She is HEAVENLY JERUSALEM OUR MOTHER. Wisdom is more valuable than anything you can purchase, even gold, rubies for only through her can you have the favor, blessings of God.
Prov 3:18-19
18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
19 The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
KJV
Matt 13:45-46
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
KJV
Heb 11:3
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV
Rev 22:17
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
KJV

Gal 4:26-28
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
KJV
John 16:13
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
KJV
Luke 11:13
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
KJV

Old 11-24-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
' Creator ' is singular. The ' us ' of Genesis 1 v 26 would indicate another. Since Creator is singular, then the other person would appear to be a creation of the singular Creator.

The one speaking at Proverbs 8 v 22 is said to be created.

What do you think of the question at Proverbs 30 v 4 B, about who established the ends of the earth, what is his name, and what is his son's name..... ?

Rev 19:13-14
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
KJV

Old 11-24-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
One of my favorite books of the bible is Proverbs.
In Proverbs 8 an entity speaks and is called a She.
She claims to be the First of Yahweh's works, Who is she?

I have my own speculations,
however I would like to hear other peoples opinions on theological matters,
so I will not offer my opinions until a few people have responded.
The Father creates all things by and through and for HIS WORD which is the Wisdom of God.
God SAID LET THERE BE LIGHT and that was HIS WORD that proceedeth from the mouth of God, the sun and moon were not created until the 4th day.

Col 1:16-17
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
KJV
1 John 1:1-2
1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us
KJV
John 1:1-4
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
KJV

Old 11-24-2013, 09:41 PM

535 posts, read 968,484 times
Quote:
Does the idea of Jesus being created first originate in the New Testament or the Old Testament?
Quote:
I belive she is the Holy Spirit, the Angel Sophia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
God is both male and female in attributes yet considered male and yes the Holy Spirit is the she/female side or Pearl of wisdom the tree of life. God is a family, Father Son and Holy Ghost are all 3 one.
Proverbs 8:22-25, 22 “The LORD created/possessed me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts/works of old. 23 Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth. 24 When there were no depths I was brought forth/made, when there were no springs abounding with water. 25 Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, I was brought forth/made …”

I found a couple of articles that address this passage in Proverbs 8. The first one is written by Todd Rester, doctoral candidate, and is from a doctoral seminar on the 4th century Christological controversies.
Quote:
That sounds quite strange to modern ears and exegetes considering that more recently some have taken that proverb as a feminization of the Holy Spirit as the Sophia principle in God and most exegetes would not identify the personification of Sophia to Christ. However in the the 4th century, both sides of the debate did in fact interpret Proverbs 8 as a reference to Christ – and a thorny interpretation it would be indeed.
The balance of the article is found here:
Historical TheoBlogy » Blog Archive » Case Study: Arius & the Exegesis of Proverbs 8

This remainder of this article, written by Steve Rudd, is from, Sola Scriptura: Mistakes made by the Apostolic Fathers based upon tradition
Quote:
The first historical reference to wrongly interpreting Prov 8:22 as referring to Christ is 150 AD, Justin Martyr, in Dialogue, Ch CXXIX.
Wisdom in Prov 8:22 is a woman! God went out of His way to make sure we didn't apply it to Christ!
To show the folly of this literal interpretation of poetic language, if Jesus is Wisdom, then who is Prudence? "I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, And I find knowledge and discretion." Prov 8:12 Clark Carlton explains how Justin's wrong view was used against the church: "Arius was a presbyter of the Church of Alexandria in the early fourth century. The controversy began with his interpretation of Proverbs 8:22ff., where Solomon speaks of Wisdom: The Lord created Me at the beginning of His work, the first of His acts of old (RSV). Everyone, both Orthodox and Arian, understood Wisdom to be Christ. The question was, what does this verse mean. Arius' answer was that the Logos is a creature, albeit the highest, noblest, and best of creatures. Those who sought to uphold the Orthodox doctrine that Christ is the uncreated Son of God had to deal with Arius' interpretation of Proverbs. (THE WAY: What Every Protestant Should Know About the Orthodox Church, Clark Carlton, 1997, p 102)

Old 11-25-2013, 12:59 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,152,931 times
If we believe the Bible is inspired of God then it stands to reason scriptures that cause controversy can be reasoned from other scriptures in the Bible.

The inspired writings are useful in the interpretation of Proverbs Chapter 8 including verses 22-30

For example:

The scripture found at Colossians 1:15 states, "He is the image of the invisible God, the first born of all creation..."

In 1 Corinthians 1:24 he writes, "to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God."

Colossians 2:3 states, "Carefully concealed in him are all the treasures of wisdom and of knowledge."

John 1:14, "So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of divine favor and truth."

Also of interest was the information found in the following website Examining the Trinity: Prov. 8:22-30

It's reasonable to apply Proverbs 8:22-30 to Christ.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:35 PM

670 posts, read 816,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
' Creator ' is singular. The ' us ' of Genesis 1 v 26 would indicate another. Since Creator is singular, then the other person would appear to be a creation of the singular Creator.

The one speaking at Proverbs 8 v 22 is said to be created.

What do you think of the question at Proverbs 30 v 4 B, about who established the ends of the earth, what is his name, and what is his son's name..... ?
"Who has ascended into heaven and descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
Who has wrapped the waters in His garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is His name or His son’s name?
Surely you know!" - Proverbs 30:4

Jesus and his Father.
The Father is greater than the son, they are not the same entity, they are separate, and only the Father deserves praise. That doesn't mean I don't think Jesus is a god like his father, just that I don't think we are to worship him.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:28 AM

10,070 posts, read 4,990,746 times
Quote:
Jesus and his Father.
The Father is greater than the son, they are not the same entity, they are separate, and only the Father deserves praise. That doesn't mean I don't think Jesus is a god like his father, just that I don't think we are to worship him.
First of all, Proverbs was written long before Jesus was born.
The question at Proverbs 30 v 4 asks about what is God's name ? _________ and what is God's Son's name?________
There is No ' or '. The conjunction is ' and ' what is his name ' and ' what is the name of his son?

Did God father himself ?___ Since God is from everlasting -Psalm 90 v 2- then God had No beginning, No father for God.
Whereas Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.- Rev. 1 v 5; 3 v 14 B.
Absolutely, Jesus did Not want us to worship Jesus.- John 4 vs 23,24
Since in Scripture the word translated as ' worship ' can be in a relative term or sense in showing obeisance or reverence,
then as Jesus taught that all actual worship should be directed only to his God and Father.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:49 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,990,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
I've read Proverbs 7:4, Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” give us the she.
In Hebrew, as in other languages, a gender is assigned. Even in English a neuter ' it ' is given a gender such as a ship or a boat being referred to as a she although not a she or a her.

King Solomon, who was known for wisdom, was male and he applied in the Hebrew the title of ' congregator ' [ qo.he'leth ] to himself at Ecc. 1 v 1 even though that title is in the feminine gender.

1st Corinthians 1 vs 24, 30 connects or links wisdom with the power of God, righteousness, sanctification and redemption.
So, Christ would represent and become wisdom ' from ' God.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:33 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,083,816 times
Quote:

Jesus and his Father.

There is no other god before me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity