Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 08:36 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,832 times

Advertisements

Dear King David: you may be a man after God's own heart, but Joe says you are deceived...

"All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, Oh Lord; and shall give glory and honour to Your Name...all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God, the most distant parts of the earth shall see the saving power of our God. Let all the earth shout for joy to the Lord, let them break forth and sing for joy.

NOTE

1. All nations You have made shall worship before You.

2. All nations shall give glory and honour to Your Name.

3. The most distant parts of the earth shall see the saving power of God.

4. The giving of worship, glory, and honour is linked with breaking forth into singing and joy.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:46 PM

Joe: in light of what you have posted please come forward and lead us in singing brother Fullerton's hymn....

I cannot tell how He will win the nations,
How He will claim His earthly heritage,
How satisfy the needs and aspirations
Of East and West, of sinner and of sage.
But this I know, all flesh shall see His glory,
And He shall reap the harvest He has sown,
And some glad day His sun shall shine in splendor
When He the Savior, Savior of the world is known.

I cannot tell how all the lands shall worship,
When, at His bidding, every storm is stilled,
Or who can say how great the jubilation
When all the hearts of men with love are filled.
But this I know, the skies will thrill with rapture,
And myriad, myriad human voices sing,
And earth to Heaven, and Heaven to earth, will answer:
At last the Savior, Savior of the world is King!

I Cannot Tell

Old 03-08-2008, 09:11 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Amen. God bless.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:19 AM

Shana: Do you have Dr. Ernest L. Martin in your archives & Dr. Albert Jenke?

The Recognition Of Universal Reconciliation Part 1

HERE

The Recognition Of Universal Reconciliation Part 2

HERE

The Recognition Of Universal Reconciliation Part 3

HERE

Albert E. Jenke PhD.

TLC - Universal Salvation - Gods Ultimate Intention

Old 03-09-2008, 06:50 PM

Thanks, Birdy, I think I had the first 2 links of Dr. Martin but not the last. Thanks again! God bless.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thanks, Birdy, I think I had the first 2 links of Dr. Martin but not the last. Thanks again! God bless.
You are welcome, Shana. I have been in the process today of gathering some of the many voices that speak of our Father's extra-ordinary love and grace in His beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. You can count on some of them coming to a theater near you (the City-Data Eventual Restoration Of All Site .)

Dr. Martin made an interesting statement!

And, really, many Christian leaders presently believe that Christ will redeem the totality of the world to himself one day. Not long ago I talked to a Presbyterian minister with impeccable theological credentials from one of the Ivy League universities and he informed me that a full 95% of ministers he knew personally believed in a universal salvation by Christ—though most held the belief secretly, since it was not generally accepted by the denomination. I have not the slightest doubt that the percentage would be high in other denominations as well. Anything less than this would be incompatible with the love and attitude demonstrated by Christ for the world that He created (John 3:16–17).

YouTube - Christian Music Video - Healing Rain

Old 03-09-2008, 07:13 PM

Thanks, Birdy! That is an interesting statement, just like information that many in the early church believed in the eventual restoration of all, but still taught eternal hell to the masses. Thanks for sharing.

Love this video, Healing Rain, it blessed me so much tonight...Healing Rain...it comes with fire.... Amen. God bless.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thanks, Birdy! That is an interesting statement, just like information that many in the early church believed in the eventual restoration of all, but still taught eternal hell to the masses. Thanks for sharing.

Love this video, Healing Rain, it blessed me so much tonight...Healing Rain...it comes with fire.... Amen. God bless.
Ah, Healing Rain, it most certainly is linked with the River of Fire that flows from the Limne of Theos. Do you know, my dear sister, that our word in English "pure" comes from the Greek "katharos"? Yep, it surely does, and when the Father speaks of those who follow the Lamb in garments that are pure and white, He is speaking of katharos garments....garments that have been purified in fire, His fire, His glory. Katharos= purified in/ by fire. Well, Shana, we look forward to the Day of all days, when the "leaves of the Tree of Life shall be the healing of the nations. And there shall no longer be a curse upon anything."

Fire A Sign Of Favourable Response?

Let us note, also, how often "fire" is the sign of a favourable answer from God; when God appears to Moses at the Bush it is in "fire:" God answers Gideon by "fire;" and David by "fire." (1 Chron. 21:26)

Again, when He answers Elijah on Carmel, it is by "fire;" and in "fire" Elijah himself ascends to God.

So God sends to Elisha, for aid, chariots and horses of "fire." So when the Psalmist calls, God answers by "fire." (Psl. 18:6-8)

And by the pillar of "fire" God gave His law. And in "fire" the great gift of the Holy Ghost descends at Pentecost."

Fire Is The Portion Of All

These words bring us to the New Testament. There we find that "fire," like judgment, so far from being the sinner's portion ONLY, is the portion of all. Like God's judgment again, it is not future merely, but present; it is "already kindled," always kindled: its object is not torment, but cleansing. The proof comes from the lips of our Lord Himself. "I am come to send fire on the earth," for it is certain that He came as a Saviour. Thus, coming to save, Christ comes with fire, nay, with fire already kindled. He comes to baptize with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.

YouTube - Christian Music Video - Awesome God

Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 PM

Thanks, Birdy! God bless.

YouTube - Your Grace Is Enough by Chris Tomlin

Old 03-11-2008, 05:00 AM

Universalism, Calvinism, and Arminianism: Some preliminary reflections.
When I first began interpreting the New Testament along universalist lines, I was struck by how many regarded such an interpretation as not only mistaken, but utterly unreasonable and heretical as well. I found that a good many of my Calvinist friends, who did not regard Arminianism as heretical (only mistaken), and a good many of my Arminian friends, who did not regard Calvinism as heretical (only mistaken), were united in their conviction that universalism is both mistaken and heretical. This curious response started me thinking. Why should Calvinists regard universalism as any more heretical than Arminianism?--and why should Arminians regard it as any more heretical than Calvinism?
As I reflected upon these questions, I also began to reflect upon the following inconsistent set of propositions:
(1) It is God's redemptive purpose for the world (and therefore his will) to reconcile all sinners to himself;
(2) It is within God's power to achieve his redemptive purpose for the world;
(3) Some sinners will never be reconciled to God, and God will therefore either consign them to a place of eternal punishment, from which there will be no hope of escape, or put them out of existence altogether.
Continued HERE
There Is Hope For Every Man

HERE

Quote:
For the created universe waits with eager expectation for God's sons to be revealed. It was made the victim of frustration, not by its own choice, but because of Him who made it so; yet always there is hope, because the universe itself is to be freed from the shackles of mortality and enter upon the liberty and splendour of the children of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity