Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 07:54 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Birdy, I will really include you in my prayers I will pray that you come to Christ with the faith of a child, as he taught, and that you will come to see the words of Christ in its simplicity and love..There are no mysteries, my friend, only misunderstanding..
Thank-you Blue for including Birdbrain in your prayers. It is exciting to know there are no mysteries in our God.

The Higher Faith

HERE

Old 03-15-2008, 01:20 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
I once met a lady who seemed to be a Christian. We went out for dinner and things like that. Eventually we got married. But eventually I learned that she was a member of a local little female power group who had thier own private "church" meetings and believed some really wierd things about the bible. Trying to tell them anything to help them recover from satans lies was the equivalent of talking to a brick wall. Eventually the lady abandoned me, being the victim of cultic brainwashing. It was sad, but I learned an important lesson----- Don't dance with the devil! If hard headed people are determined to believe a lie, despite the reasonable concern from sincere Christians, letum go. If they don't repent, sadly, if it has to be, they'll change thier doctrine about hell when they go there!
Amen.

- Byron

Old 03-15-2008, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Birdy, you know I disagree with you here, I do believe the Bible teaches that hell is eternal
There is nothing eternal in the Universe but our God, from whom everything comes, and in whom everything ends. He is the Alpha, He is the Omega, the Source, the Guide, and the Goal of all that is....everything, the ta pavnte, the all! And that includes death and hell, which are ultimately consummated in the Lake of Theos Pur. So much for your, and yes, it is your dogma of "eternal hell." Now, do you think that death and hell are cast into itself?

Quote:
No where in the Bible does it imply or say everyone will be saved.
The Bible most emphatically declares that the whole of created life (the ktisis) "shall be delivered" from the chains of futility, and slavery to sin. The prophets of the Lord God declare a day when even the heathen shall stand shoulder to shoulder worshipping Him, when "not my people" shall become "my people." They declare a day when nothing shall hurt in all of His holy mountain, when the broken lives of this world shall partake of the healing leaves of the Tree of Life, followed by, "there shall no longer be a curse upon anything." You are right, the Bible does not imply, it states it clearly and distinctly.

"God chose to reconcile the whole universe to Himself, making peace through the shedding of His blood upon the cross--to reconcile all (the all/ the ta pavnte), whether on earth or in heaven, through Him alone."

Rectification=

To set right. To correct.

To purify.

To correct by removing errors.

To adjust.

A quantity applied by way of correcting.

The act or process of correcting.

Something that is substituted or proposed for what is wrong or inaccurate.

Amendation.

To correct something, or make something right.

The act of rectifying, or the fact of being rectified.

To correct by calculation or adjustment.

To adjust.

To fix/ repair/ remedy/ amend/ correct/ redress/ put to right/ to straighten/ to reform/ to adjust something.

The act of amending, correcting or setting right that which is wrong or erroneous.

YouTube - Christian Music Video - Healing Rain

Last edited by Birdy_56; 03-15-2008 at 05:04 AM..

Old 03-15-2008, 05:13 AM

"For by Him everybody and everything were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—everybody and everything have been created through Him and for Him. He is before everybody and everything, and in Him everybody and everything is held together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everybody and everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile everybody and everything to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, everybody and everything."

YouTube - RON KENOLY - ANCIENT OF DAYS

Old 03-15-2008, 05:44 AM

Quote:
No where in the Bible does it imply or say everyone will be saved.
"Such prayer is right, [prayer for all mankind] and approved by God our Saviour, whose will is that all men should find salvation and come to know the truth. For there is one God, and also one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who sacrificed himself to win freedom for all mankind."

"Who will have all men to be saved= ov pantav anqrwpouv qelei swqhnai.

Literally who willeth all men, as who, or seeing that he, giving the ground of the previous statement, prayer to God for all is acceptable to him, because he wills the salvation of all.

Qelei willeth, marking a determinate purpose.

Quote:
God is a consuming fire. His wrath and anger are spoken of. These attributes express the Divine hand raised against sin. If the Divine hand is raised against sin one must yield, and I don't believe it is the Divine hand. God is a consuming fire, not a fire burning forever in empty rage. He consumes man as the refiner's fire does the ore, burning the dross and bringing forth the good, as gold tried by fire. -P.T. Barnum-

Old 03-15-2008, 01:39 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,718,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
"Such prayer is right, [prayer for all mankind] and approved by God our Saviour, whose will is that all men should find salvation and come to know the truth. For there is one God, and also one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who sacrificed himself to win freedom for all mankind."

"Who will have all men to be saved= ov pantav anqrwpouv qelei swqhnai.

Literally who willeth all men, as who, or seeing that he, giving the ground of the previous statement, prayer to God for all is acceptable to him, because he wills the salvation of all.

Qelei willeth, marking a determinate purpose.

What are you trying to say? This is jibberish. Can you explain where you're going with this? And please do not get longwinded. it's difficult to read your posts as they are quite verbose.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
What are you trying to say? This is jibberish. Can you explain where you're going with this? .
The foundation of the Scriptures is the original koine and Hebrew in which they were written. In this particular case, the use of "ov pantov anqrwpouv qelei swqhnai" clearly indicates that our God literally willeth the salvation of all mankind, meaning it is His determinate purpose.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:47 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
The foundation of the Scriptures is the original koine and Hebrew in which they were written. In this particular case, the use of "ov pantov anqrwpouv qelei swqhnai" clearly indicates that our God literally willeth the salvation of all mankind, meaning it is His determinate purpose.
Hey Birdy, of course it's God will that everyone be saved, the cross is proof of that. But not everyone is going to accept Him. Jude 1:7 " And don't forget the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with sexual immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and a waring of the ETERNAL fire that will punish all who are evil". It is clearly taught through out the Bible that people who don't seek forgiveness from God NOW will face ETERNAL SEPARATION from Him.
If what you you have been saying where true, there would not be a need to ever tell anyone about Jesus and how He died for us on the cross, but there is a need for that because hell is real and it is forever.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:00 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,043,047 times
Default Alpha and the Omega...

Quote:
Hey Birdy, of course it's God will that everyone be saved, the cross is proof of that. But not everyone is going to accept Him. Jude 1:7 " And don't forget the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with sexual immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and a waring of the ETERNAL fire that will punish all who are evil". It is clearly taught through out the Bible that people who don't seek forgiveness from God NOW will face ETERNAL SEPARATION from Him.
If what you you have been saying where true, there would not be a need to ever tell anyone about Jesus and how He died for us on the cross, but there is a need for that because hell is real and it is forever.
You're so right, ILNC....

God is not a man. He is Holy... He does not change.

He is faithful to His Word to perform it.

Last edited by World Citizen; 03-15-2008 at 05:07 PM..

Old 03-16-2008, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Hey Birdy, of course it's God will that everyone be saved, the cross is proof of that.
It is indeed the will of God that all will be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. I believe that the will of God is supreme, His will is the Will of all wills. He has not abdicated His throne, and the Will that undergurds it! In short: the will of grass does not replace the Will of all wills! Never ever!

Quote:
But not everyone is going to accept Him.
I don't know about your term "accept" Him, but the Scriptures declare that ultimately every knee bows before Him in worship, and every tongue confesses in union with the Name of all names, you are Lord. This confession is by all beings in the 1. heavens 2. the earth & 3. The underworld, (the celestial, the terrestial, the subterrean). And make zero mistake, ILNC, exhomologeo and homologeo clearly define this worship as willing praise, celebration and thanksgiving.

Quote:
Jude 1:7 " And don't forget the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with sexual immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and a waring of the ETERNAL fire that will punish all who are evil".
I have not forgotten Sodom & Gomorrah, or for that matter the Flood that wiped away the mass of humanity.

Reconciliation of all mankind and spiritual revelation of Jesus Christ

Quote:
It is clearly taught through out the Bible that people who don't seek forgiveness from God NOW will face ETERNAL SEPARATION from Him.
I repeat: nowhere in the Scriptures is "eternal separation" from Him mentioned. In fact, there is nothing that can separate "us" or "them" from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Nothing, not angels, not powers, nothing created: nothing can separate us from the Love of God in Jesus Christ our Lord! And further, the same One from whom everything comes as Source, is the same One in whom everything ends as Goal. He is the Source, Guide and Goal of all that is....everything, the whole enchilada, the ta pavnte! Please confess after me....E V E R Y T H I N G.

Quote:
Oh my poor girl, do you not know that our Father gathers in this realm of things, a remnant, a little flock, an elect company of those that are identified as the "especially" of His great salvation? It is with them that the Father reaches in the final chapters of His great Plan in deliverance: "the whole of created life, shall be delivered."

We preach the Lord Jesus Christ because He has instructed us to go and make disciples of all nations and all peoples. The remnant of those "who are marked out for eternal life" becomes the aparche or firstfruits of His grace. Again, firstfruits are not the whole harvest: it is the earnest of what is to follow.

Hell is indeed real, all four of them, plus what the K.J.V. translators missed in translating sh@'owl as grave or pit. Now, can you disclose to us how "hell is forever" when the Scriptures reveal that death and hell are consummated in the Lake of Theos Pur?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity