Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 07:17 PM

14,879 posts, read 17,151,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Well then Birdy, I guess we should just close the church doors, put up the Bibles, call all the missionary's home, stop telling people about Jesus, because according to you, everyone will get to Heaven anyway.
Why should we do this, ILNC? Why should we not share the good news of what Jesus has done for us? Why not share so that those who are lost will live in the light today, receive forgiveness of their sins today, walk in a relationship with God today? Jesus came to give us abundant life, not just in the afterlife, but today. Believers are the first fruits in God's plan of reconciliation and all of creation longs for the revealing of those who are the sons of God. Consider the high calling of being a child of God , a son of God today and all of the blessings associated with this. Believers are to play a role in the reconciliation of all to God.

John 17:20
"I do not ask in behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word that they may all be one, even as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that Thou didst send Me."

Romans 8:20
"For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation/creature was subjected to futility not of its own will, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope (expectation), that the creation/creature itself will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God."

James 1:18
"In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we might be, as it were, the first fruits (or a certain first fruits) among His creatures." (NAS)

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-17-2008 at 07:43 PM..

Old 03-17-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
O, there are no mysteries in the bible for thre christians who know the bible and trust the holy spirit to guide them..Know it alls always claim to know some deep dark secret in the bible that was meant for them only to interpret., their reward is only in how many people they can get to follow their teachings and thus build on their own pride and selfrighteousness.. This is a dangerous practice that forms cults, and other strange religions made up by man...This is exactly why I don't belong to any religion..I would rather spend 5 minutes with someone speaking from their heart and soul about their beliefs than page after page after page of copy and paste..

I believe that God reveals what He wills for us to know, and He opens our minds as He wills, but I also believe that there are some things about God that we may be unable to fathom :

"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God. How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable are His ways..." Romans 11:33.

God bless.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Hey Birdy, of course it's God will that everyone be saved, the cross is proof of that. But not everyone is going to accept Him. Jude 1:7 " And don't forget the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with sexual immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and a waring of the ETERNAL fire that will punish all who are evil". It is clearly taught through out the Bible that people who don't seek forgiveness from God NOW will face ETERNAL SEPARATION from Him.
Why won't everyone accept Him if Jesus has been made heir of all? All are to be subjected to Him so that God may be all in all according to 1 Corin. 15 and according to Romans 8, the creation is to be delivered. What keeps individuals from God? They are enslaved to sin, blinded, held captive, lost, sick but Jesus came to set the captives free. And the True Light which enlightens every man has come into the world according to the apostle John.
According to Ezekiel 16, Sodom and her sisters are to be restored to their former estate. How can there be eternal separation if Jesus is to fill all things? (Ephesians 4)God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-17-2008 at 08:57 PM..

Old 03-17-2008, 07:41 PM

23,014 posts, read 34,376,254 times
Shana I was exaggerating, of course I believe we should tell people about Jesus, read the Bible and keep the church open. But I sometimes wonder why people who don't believe hell is eternal think that sharing the Gospel is important if everyone will be saved in the end.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Shana I was exaggerating, of course I believe we should tell people about Jesus, read the Bible and keep the church open. But I sometimes wonder why people who don't believe hell is eternal think that sharing the Gospel is important if everyone will be saved in the end.
Again, ILNC, for those of us who don't believe in eternal hell (and I thought that you were speaking of us), Why should we not share the good news of what Jesus has done for us? The gospel is good news. Why not share so that those who are lost will live in the light today, receive forgiveness of their sins today, walk in a relationship with God today? Jesus came to give us abundant life, not just in the afterlife, but today. Why wouldn't those who don't believe in eternal hell share this? We want people to serve the Lord today, to live for Him today. We are to be lights in the world for a reason.

Believers are the first fruits in God's plan of reconciliation and all of creation longs for the revealing of those who are the sons of God. Consider the high calling of being a child of God , a son of God today and all of the blessings associated with this. Why not desire this for others? Believers are to play a role in the reconciliation of all to God. God bless.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

Again, ILNC, for those of us tho don't believe in eternal hell, Why should we not share the good news of what Jesus has done for us? Why not share so that those who are lost will live in the light today, receive forgiveness of their sins today, walk in a relationship with God today? Jesus came to give us abundant life, not just in the afterlife, but today. Why wouldn't those who don't believe in eternal hell share this? We are to be lights in the world for a reason.

Believers are the first fruits in God's plan of reconciliation and all of creation longs for the revealing of those who are the sons of God. Consider the high calling of being a child of God , a son of God today and all of the blessings associated with this. Why not desire this for others? Believers are to play a role in the reconciliation of all to God. God bless.
As Christians we should tell everyone about Jesus and His love for all mankind.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:55 PM

Yes, we should, ILNC. I don't know of anyone who believes in the eventual restoration of all to God who does not do this. God bless.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207
Here's some links that all folks should read.

Sad.

To make the Bible say what we want it to rather than what it says is truly sad.

I wish Universalism was true, but God is just.

Universalism

BGEA: Spiritual Help: My Answer

Reason's Why Universalism Is False

Universalism: A Sure Sign of Apostasy

All the (((all's))) all covered

Protestant Apologetics and Theology <---a lot of info, including...
Is Universalism Biblical?

Hell, Every Which Way But Loose

A Former Universalist Speaks

Eternal Punishment Is It Really Of God?

Eternal Torment VS Reconciliation

Jesus' Teaching on Hell

The Origin and History on the Doctrine of Endless Punishment

Endless Punishment Not Taught in the New Testament

[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]http://www.christianheretic.com/articles/article59.html[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]http://www.christianheretic.com/articles/article47.html[/SIZE]

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-17-2008 at 09:34 PM..

Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,110 times
(NIV) Luke 13:22-28 -- Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"

He said to them, "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'
"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'
"Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
"But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!' "There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

This is just one of several of Jesus' teachings on the subject. This is what the entire counsel of the Word of God speaks about. If we reject Jesus, which can only be done while alive, then we reject the one who sent him. If we deny Christ, he will deny us. There is no room in the Bible for second chances... as much as people would like to believe there would be, there isn't. I've read and re-read all the arguments posted against eternal separation and they don't jive with the entire counsel of God.

God is pure and complete love. Pure love does not force people to accept love, either in this life or especially in the hereafter. If after a period of purgatory unbelievers "choose" to accept God's love... is it really a free choice? Was it not forced or coerced? That's exactly what it appears to me to be. God does not say "I'll leave you in hell until you choose to love me". Doesn't sound like my Heavenly Father. Doesn't sound like a God of love to me.

That sounds worse than eternal separation. That sounds worse than God, my Father, who loves me soooo much that, even if it is wrong in His eyes, will let me freely, without force, choose not to accept him. We are all given that choice. God loves us infinately more than we can ever imagine and because of that love, he cannot (and IMO will not) ignore our choices. That would completely deny our identities as his creation in his very image. It would turn us into the very robots we were not created to be in the first place.

Just like a human parent, no matter how much they want their children to love them, cannot force their children to love them. Would my kids love me if I said "stay in this cold, dark, depressing, locked room with torment and misery until you decide to love me as I love you -- then I'll let you stay with me". Sorry, it doesn't work for us and it certainly doesn't work for God.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
(NIV) Luke 13:22-28 -- Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"

He said to them, "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'
"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'
"Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
"But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!' "There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

This is just one of several of Jesus' teachings on the subject. This is what the entire counsel of the Word of God speaks about. If we reject Jesus, which can only be done while alive, then we reject the one who sent him. If we deny Christ, he will deny us. There is no room in the Bible for second chances... as much as people would like to believe there would be, there isn't. I've read and re-read all the arguments posted against eternal separation and they don't jive with the entire counsel of God.

God is pure and complete love. Pure love does not force people to accept love, either in this life or especially in the hereafter. If after a period of purgatory unbelievers "choose" to accept God's love... is it really a free choice? Was it not forced or coerced? That's exactly what it appears to me to be. God does not say "I'll leave you in hell until you choose to love me". Doesn't sound like my Heavenly Father. Doesn't sound like a God of love to me.

That sounds worse than eternal separation. That sounds worse than God, my Father, who loves me soooo much that, even if it is wrong in His eyes, will let me freely, without force, choose not to accept him. We are all given that choice. God loves us infinately more than we can ever imagine and because of that love, he cannot (and IMO will not) ignore our choices. That would completely deny our identities as his creation in his very image. It would turn us into the very robots we were not created to be in the first place.

Just like a human parent, no matter how much they want their children to love them, cannot force their children to love them. Would my kids love me if I said "stay in this cold, dark, depressing, locked room with torment and misery until you decide to love me as I love you -- then I'll let you stay with me". Sorry, it doesn't work for us and it certainly doesn't work for God.
Excellent post as always mams. I agree with you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity