Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 07:00 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
11. and EVERY TONGUE may speak out the same thing (should openly agree, confess and acclaim) that Jesus Christ Lord <= Yahweh?> -- into glory of Father God (or: unto Father God's reputation)!
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. (1 Cor 12:3)

The Knowledge of the Lord shall cover the earth, like waters cover the sea. Some would say, "Yeah, the knowledge doesn't necessarily mean they'll KNOW Him", but if He's ALL IN ALL - then He will have given man the best, namely Himself. The church has an ego problem, in that they do not want all men to have this gift freely given to them, so that they can maintain a position of superiority.

IMHO.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,827 times
Some time ago I did a study and found out that the foundational verses used to explain Universal Reconciliation theory were commonly taken out of context and did not mean what UR promoters claim that they mean. See this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...s-what-do.html

To just take one verse, examine this one, quoted by Birdy above:

Quote:
Phil. 2:10,11

"It is because of this also that God has so highly exalted Him, and has conferred on Him the Name which is supreme above every other name, In order that in the Name of Jesus (so that in adoration of the Name of Jesus) every knee should bow, of beings in the highest heavens, of those on the earth, and of those in the underworld, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Because Jesus died for us, He was highly exalted and Satan's evil plan was trampled underfoot.. there was a remedy for sin. I believe that at the end of the world when time is over, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (no one will have any question about it) but this will unfortunately be too late for those who have rejected Christ in this world, while grace and time were given to all.

There is nothing in that verse that tells us that this "confession" will bring salvation. It is simply used out of context to try to prove this point.

Last edited by cg81; 10-02-2008 at 07:12 AM..

Old 10-02-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. (1 Cor 12:3)
Very true.. but this says nothing about "universal reconciliation."

We learn about Jesus from the Word, and we recognize that He is Lord by the witness of the Holy Ghost. However, recognizing that He is Lord is one step, to repent of our sins because we recognize this is another.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:29 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post

We learn about Jesus from the Word, and we recognize that He is Lord by the witness of the Holy Ghost. However, recognizing that He is Lord is one step, to repent of our sins because we recognize this is another.
Evidently then, the confession by every being, in every dimension of our Father's world, is not in celebration, praise and worship, and in union with the Name of all names.

Quote:
BREAKING "GOOD NEWS": Apostle Paul reports that impact of death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ, 2,000 years ago shown to be more, not less, powerful than the disobedience of man He created 4,000 years prior (Romans 5:19)! Christians "horrified" and "offended" by this "heresy!" Furiously argue redemption of all mankind is an "insult to the cross of Christ"... -John Moneypenny-

Old 10-02-2008, 07:37 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,634 times
Cg: Please lead us in singing....

Quote:
I cannot tell how He will win the nations,
How He will claim His earthly heritage,
How satisfy the needs and aspirations
Of East and West, of sinner and of sage.
But this I know, all flesh shall see His glory,
And He shall reap the harvest He has sown,
And some glad day His sun shall shine in splendor
When He the Savior, Savior of the world is known.

I cannot tell how all the lands shall worship,
When, at His bidding, every storm is stilled,
Or who can say how great the jubilation
When all the hearts of men with love are filled.
But this I know, the skies will thrill with rapture,
And myriad, myriad human voices sing,
And earth to Heaven, and Heaven to earth, will answer:
At last the Savior, Savior of the world is King
HERE

Old 10-02-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Evidently then, the confession by every being, in every dimension of our Father's world, is not in celebration, praise and worship, and in union with the Name of all names.
Evidently not.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:01 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times
Quote:
Ok, bear with me.

Quote:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Phil 2:10-11)

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (2 Cor 3:17)

No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. (1 Cor 12:3)
I realize we're jumping around here, but these scriptures are not taken out of context - these statements are absolutes. If a man confesses from his heart by the unction of the Spirit, then he is by definition free to do so - this is not a forced confession.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
If a man confesses from his heart by the unction of the Spirit, then he is by definition free to do so - this is not a forced confession.
Absolutely, but recognizing Jesus as Lord is not the same as repentance, which is needed for forgiveness of sins.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:16 AM

I'll bring it up before you do :
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
It is true that in this life, if we truly believe that Jesus is Lord (or act on that belief), this confession will be a part of our repentance. It is hard to separate the two.

But we are not promised grace after death.

"For it is appointed unto man once to die, and after that the judgment."

No matter how much we will acknowledge God's mighty power, and no matter how much we will wish that we would have served Him, when our life is over and we stand at the judgment the opportunity to repent will be over.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:19 AM

23,013 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Quote:
I'll bring it up before you do :
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
It is true that in this life, if we truly believe that Jesus is Lord (or act on that belief), this confession will be a part of our repentance. It is hard to separate the two.

But we are not promised grace after death.

"For it is appointed unto man once to die, and after that the judgment."

No matter how much we will acknowledge God's mighty power, and no matter how much we will wish that we would have served Him, when our life is over and we stand at the judgment, the opportunity to repent will be over.
AMEN! I agree with you, there will no second chance. Hell is eternal, forever, never ending separation from God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity