Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 05:07 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
cg,,

If God is now all in all and has always been what does this refer to?

1 Cor 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him that God may be all in all.

When all things are subdued implies that it is a future event not a past or current event.
1 Co4 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Basically, what the above verses mean is that God is in control. He wrote the rules. At the end of time, the Son will deliver up the kingdom to the Father.. thus fulfilling His will. Sin will be judged.. thus fulfilling God's will. Satan will no longer have power, and those who decided to join the devil will be subdued and cast under God's feet.. thus fulfilling Gods will, for He is all in all and always will be.

To say that "all in all" refers to universal reconciliation is quite a stretch, IMO.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:46 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
I do agree that God is in control.

The proud will be humbled and subordinate.

When it says that enemies are put under his feet, it has correlation to the earth is Gods footstool it means that those under his feet are subdued to him. You are trying to make it sound like under his feet is derogatory but it is not it is a term for submission.When all is subdued to Christ he will then be subdued to the Father so that God can be all in all. The enemies under his feet does not relate to them being tortured in hell at the same time as God being all in all.

The same word to say that Jesus will subdue all things to him and him being subdued to the Father is one that means that they are subordinate, obedient
G5293
ὑποτάσσω
hupotassō
hoop-ot-as'-so
From G5259 and G5021; to subordinate; reflexively to obey: - be under obedience (obedient), put under, subdue unto, (be, make) subject (to, unto), be (put) in subjection (to, under), submit self unto.

Also when you say the enemies are cast under his feet, the enemies are put under "till he hath put all enemies under his feet."

G5087
τίθημι
tithēmi
tith'-ay-mee
A prolonged form of a primary word θέω theō (which is used only as an alternate in certain tenses); to place (in the widest application, literally and figuratively; properly in a passive or horizontal posture, and thus different from G2476, which properly denotes an upright and active position, while G2749 is properly reflexive and utterly prostrate): - + advise, appoint, bow, commit, conceive, give, X kneel down, lay (aside, down, up), make, ordain, purpose, put, set (forth), settle, sink down.

there is no violence or casting when he puts all things under his feet.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 10-02-2008 at 05:57 PM..

Old 10-02-2008, 07:27 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA
The promise of eternal life is not for everyone, because everyone is not going to accept Jesus as their Savior.

Phil. 2:10,11

"It is because of this also that God has so highly exalted Him, and has conferred on Him the Name which is supreme above every other name, In order that in the Name of Jesus (so that in adoration of the Name of Jesus) every knee should bow, of beings in the highest heavens, of those on the earth, and of those in the underworld, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

kavmptw = bow=

Used of worshippers.

To bow one's self in worship.

Confess= ejxomologevw

Confess/ profess.

A. To acknowledge openly and joyfully.

B. To celebrate/ to give praise to.

Exomologeo Rooted In oJmologevw

oJmologevw=

To confess/ declare.

A. To profess/ declare openly and freely.

B. To profess one's self the worshipper of one.

C. To praise and celebrate.

In the Name/ Within the Name -Jonathan Mitchell Greek N.T.-

9. For this reason, God also lifts Him up above (highly exalts Him; elevates Him over) and by grace gives to Him (graces on Him) the Name -- the one over and above every name! --

10. to the end that within The Name: Jesus! (or: in the name of {or: belonging to} Jesus), EVERY KNEE -- of the men upon the heavens (of those belonging to the super-heavens) and of the men existing upon the earth and of the men dwelling down under the ground (or: pertaining to subterranean ones) -- may bend (should bow) in worship or prayer,

11. and EVERY TONGUE may speak out the same thing (should openly agree, confess and acclaim) that Jesus Christ Lord <= Yahweh?> -- into glory of Father God (or: unto Father God's reputation)!
Hi Birdy!

Great to see you again. Missed you! Thanks for sharing God bless.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:41 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
If God is already all in all, why are individuals lost? I agree that this will be a future event. Paul says that when all are subjected to the Son, He Himself will be subject to the One who subjected all things to Him that God may be all in all. If God is to be all in all, none will be separated from Him or lost for all of eternity because He will be everything to them and in them. This goes along with Ephesians 2:9:

"He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him, with a view to an admininistration situable to the fulness of the times , that is the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things upon the earth..."

*Summing up=anakephalaloomai to gather together again in one, to reunite under one head (Key Word Study Bible

God's will is to subdue all to Himself and to reconcile all to Himself and I believe that He will accomplish this.

Quote:
I agree, the Bible clearly teaches hell is never ending.
Where does the Bible clearly teach that hell is never ending, ILNC?

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-02-2008 at 08:02 PM..

Old 10-03-2008, 06:10 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
.. except for the very important fact that there will no longer be grace and mercy at this time. We are called to accept Him now, not after death.
"You did not choose Me, I chose..."

Cg: please lead us in singing My Lord I Did Not Choose You

HERE

-Arthur Custance-

Quote:
What then does man have in his unredeemed, totally depraved state upon which God can act? He has eyes, but is blind. God can restore his vision. He has ears that are deaf. God can open his ears. He has a heart, but it is of stone. God can convert it to a heart of flesh. He has a spirit, but it is dead. God can make it live. So God has made man with the capacity to see, hear, and act responsively to his inspiring, but he cannot act until he is made alive. He cannot come forth from the tomb until he has been given a new life. Only then does he hear the voice of God saying, 'Come forth.'
"When the Lord knocks at the door of a man's heart he cannot hear for he is deaf. Only when God opens his ears does he hear. And even then when he hears he is likely at first to say, 'I am in no convenient position to open. My children are in bed, the door is locked, we are 'closed for the night,' please don't bother me now' Only the caller's persistence, not the householder's desire to entertain the caller, drives him in the end to open the door; the Spirit of God acting upon his heart makes him a willing host. It is God's persistent knocking at the door of man's heart and not man's persistent knocking at the gates of heaven that brings the elect finally to salvation. Such, then, is the nature of the Total Depravity of man."

Old 10-03-2008, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Birdy!

Great to see you again. Missed you! Thanks for sharing God bless.
My dear Shana, greetings again. There was a slight near death experience in our gathering in Dumas Texas that led to Birdbrain being in the hospital from 3/21/08 to 9/17/08. But God!

I continue to marvel at the scope of our Father's great love and grace for all of us. I rejoice to be back again with you declaring His poikilos wisdom in the Son of His love.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:16 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,063 times
I apologize for entering this discussion without having viewed the last 39 pages but I do have a comment I would like to make and hopefully, it hasn't been addressed yet. Regarding all things being restored and reconciled to God, if this is the case, then why did Jesus die on the Cross for us? It seems to me that if God is going to reconcile everyone and everything to Himself eventually, then the Savior's sacrifice on the Cross for us is all for naught. The Bible says that He was and is the reconciliation and propitiation for all who have lived, are living now and those to come and we can choose to follow Him or not. If God is going to reconcile everyone to Himself, then does this mean that we should be able to live whatever kind of life we want without concern because of this? Just something to think about.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
I apologize for entering this discussion without having viewed the last 39 pages but I do have a comment I would like to make and hopefully, it hasn't been addressed yet. Regarding all things being restored and reconciled to God, if this is the case, then why did Jesus die on the Cross for us? .
"It follows then that just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which extends to the whole race, so also the result of a single decree of righteousness is a life-giving acquittal which extends to the whole race.

For as through the disobedience of the one individual the mass of mankind were constituted sinners, so also through the obedience of the One the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous.

Now Law was brought in later on, so that transgression might increase. But where sin increased, grace has overflowed;

in order that as sin has exercised kingly sway in inflicting death, so grace, too, may exercise kingly sway in bestowing a righteousness which results in the Life of the Ages through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Constituted sinners= made sinners

Constituted righteous= made righteous

Old 10-03-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
The Bible says that He was and is the reconciliation and propitiation for all who have lived, are living now and those to come and we can choose to follow Him or not. If God is going to reconcile everyone to Himself, then does this mean that we should be able to live whatever kind of life we want without concern because of this? Just something to think about.
"He is the mercy-seat for our sins, and not for our sins only, but for the whole ungodly multitude."

Quote:
You did not choose Me, I chose you! -Jesus Christ-
LINK

Old 10-03-2008, 12:58 PM

97 posts, read 203,571 times
If Grace, in the final conclusion, discriminates between men equally plunged into equal sin, death, and ruin by their forefather Adam in his fall from grace - then God is a respector of persons.

God will give Grace to all in the final conclusion - or He will give Grace to none.

God is no respector of persons and men have not distinguished themselves as "worthy" of Grace - for Grace is unmerited favor.

Anyone who really stops to consider the whole counsel of God and the true nature of God knows that God's Love and His Grace are without any limitation. The obvious conclusion is "The Eventual Restoration of All".

If that conclusion cannot be drawn in one's own understanding - examine whatever it is that stands between one and the conclusion of "The Eventual Restoration of All". You will find a denial of Grace as Grace is, of Jesus Christ as Jesus Christ is, of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as Jesus Christ is, of the Covenant of the the body and blood of Jesus Christ as the Covenant is... and the misunderstanding is on the side of man's ability to conceive and believe - not on God's willingness or abilty to perform "The Eventual Restoration of All".

Keep meditating on scripture, examine all barriers that exist according to one's own perception. Consider them suspect - because any barriers to seeing "The Eventual Restoration of All" are not the reality of who Jesus is but rather the light in which one is able to see Him being yet dark.

God is the God of ALL Grace... and His Truth is not limited by the limits of our own understanding.

God's plan has always been "The Eventual Restoration of All".

Keep asking, keep seeking, keep knocking... until the door opens, what is sought is found, the door is opened... and no barrier stands between you and the full revelation of the God of ALL Grace whose love is revealed completely in the Lord Jesus Christ who died for all sin, who died for all men, and who rose for all men in 100% Victory and shall be all in all at the very end in "The Eventual Restoration of All".

When all you see is Jesus - and no barriers - you shall see Jesus just as He is... without limit or exclusion or exception but rather Christ all in all.

Don't stop asking. Don't stop seeking. Don't stop knocking... until you believe for "all" at the level of 100% and have become full stature in your faith according to the full measure of the full stature of Christ all in all.

Keep looking to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, until you know that He is the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Beginning, and all are found in Him at the very end when every knee bows and every tongue confesses that Jesus Christ is Lord - and there shall be no more tears nor sorrow nor pain for ALL the former things have passed away and behold ALL things become new.... and Jesus Christ hands back to the Father all that was originally created by, in, and through the Lord Jesus Christ and has been recreated anew as the second creation by, in, and thorugh the Lord Jesus Christ.

Nothing missing. Nothing lacking.

When you see Jesus Christ completely - with nothing missing, nothing lacking and nothing left outside of Him in all creation - but rather Him filling the entire universe with Himself and God's Grace and Love and the Father reconciling all creation back to Himself through the Lord Jesus Christ - then the darkness by which we see through the glass darkly shall have faded and you shall see more of Jesus as He truly is: 100%.

ALL.

JESUS.

GOD.

The Eventual Restoration of ALL.

Do not cry for the lost that have gone before us. We shall see them again in great glory after the Final Judgment. There is hope for every soul who has gone before us. We shall all live forever in God in Christ by God's grace and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ all-sufficient for ALL sin and ALL people...and made manifest in us ALL one day... in God's ALL-sufficient GRACE in the Lord Jesus Christ.

God is the God of ALL Grace.

May God grant the revelation and eyes that see and ears that hear and an understanding heart that knows the truth into which the Holy Spirit leads us: ALL truth.

The Eventual Restoration of All.

Be blessed with ALL spiritual blessings in Heaven in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Grace and peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity