Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 04:07 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My dear Shana, greetings again. There was a slight near death experience in our gathering in Dumas Texas that led to Birdbrain being in the hospital from 3/21/08 to 9/17/08. But God!

I continue to marvel at the scope of our Father's great love and grace for all of us. I rejoice to be back again with you declaring His poikilos wisdom in the Son of His love.
Hi Birdy,

I am thankful that God brought you back and blessed you to be back with us and I hope that you are doing much better. I would like to hear about what happened if you can share and will send you an email. Take care Birdy, and God's blessings.

Sis Shana

Old 10-03-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
If Grace, in the final conclusion, discriminates between men equally plunged into equal sin, death, and ruin by their forefather Adam in his fall from grace - then God is a respector of persons.

God will give Grace to all in the final conclusion - or He will give Grace to none.

God is no respector of persons and men have not distinguished themselves as "worthy" of Grace - for Grace is unmerited favor.

Anyone who really stops to consider the whole counsel of God and the true nature of God knows that God's Love and His Grace are without any limitation. The obvious conclusion is "The Eventual Restoration of All".

If that conclusion cannot be drawn in one's own understanding - examine whatever it is that stands between one and the conclusion of "The Eventual Restoration of All". You will find a denial of Grace as Grace is, of Jesus Christ as Jesus Christ is, of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as Jesus Christ is, of the Covenant of the the body and blood of Jesus Christ as the Covenant is... and the misunderstanding is on the side of man's ability to conceive and believe - not on God's willingness or abilty to perform "The Eventual Restoration of All".

Keep meditating on scripture, examine all barriers that exist according to one's own perception. Consider them suspect - because any barriers to seeing "The Eventual Restoration of All" are not the reality of who Jesus is but rather the light in which one is able to see Him being yet dark.

God is the God of ALL Grace... and His Truth is not limited by the limits of our own understanding.

God's plan has always been "The Eventual Restoration of All".

Keep asking, keep seeking, keep knocking... until the door opens, what is sought is found, the door is opened... and no barrier stands between you and the full revelation of the God of ALL Grace whose love is revealed completely in the Lord Jesus Christ who died for all sin, who died for all men, and who rose for all men in 100% Victory and shall be all in all at the very end in "The Eventual Restoration of All".

When all you see is Jesus - and no barriers - you shall see Jesus just as He is... without limit or exclusion or exception but rather Christ all in all.

Don't stop asking. Don't stop seeking. Don't stop knocking... until you believe for "all" at the level of 100% and have become full stature in your faith according to the full measure of the full stature of Christ all in all.

Keep looking to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, until you know that He is the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Beginning, and all are found in Him at the very end when every knee bows and every tongue confesses that Jesus Christ is Lord - and there shall be no more tears nor sorrow nor pain for ALL the former things have passed away and behold ALL things become new.... and Jesus Christ hands back to the Father all that was originally created by, in, and through the Lord Jesus Christ and has been recreated anew as the second creation by, in, and thorugh the Lord Jesus Christ.

Nothing missing. Nothing lacking.

When you see Jesus Christ completely - with nothing missing, nothing lacking and nothing left outside of Him in all creation - but rather Him filling the entire universe with Himself and God's Grace and Love and the Father reconciling all creation back to Himself through the Lord Jesus Christ - then the darkness by which we see through the glass darkly shall have faded and you shall see more of Jesus as He truly is: 100%.

ALL.

JESUS.

GOD.
Amen. God bless.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I apologize for entering this discussion without having viewed the last 39 pages but I do have a comment I would like to make and hopefully, it hasn't been addressed yet. Regarding all things being restored and reconciled to God, if this is the case, then why did Jesus die on the Cross for us? It seems to me that if God is going to reconcile everyone and everything to Himself eventually, then the Savior's sacrifice on the Cross for us is all for naught. The Bible says that He was and is the reconciliation and propitiation for all who have lived, are living now and those to come and we can choose to follow Him or not. If God is going to reconcile everyone to Himself, then does this mean that we should be able to live whatever kind of life we want without concern because of this? Just something to think about.
Hi Urbanlemur,

Without Jesus none of us would be reconciled to God. It is the way that God brings all back to Him. No, we should not live whatever lives we want because Jesus gave His life for us. There should be a change in our hearts, in our attitudes, in our lives. As a result of what Jesus did, we are to live our lives for Him. I believe that those who do reject Him and go their own way will suffer the consequences. Many will experience loss, suffering, anguish, hell. Sometimes we must go through hell to realize what we really are and what/who we need. God bless.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:18 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Urbanlemur,

Without Jesus none of us would be reconciled to God. It is the way that God brings all back to Him. No, we should not live whatever lives we want because Jesus gave His life for us. There should be a change in our hearts, in our attitudes, in our lives. As a result of what Jesus did, we are to live our lives for Him. I believe that those who do reject Him and go their own way will suffer the consequences. Many will experience loss, suffering, anguish, hell. Sometimes we must go through hell to realize what we really are and what/who we need. God bless.
What she said

Old 10-03-2008, 04:20 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
My dear Shana, greetings again. There was a slight near death experience in our gathering in Dumas Texas that led to Birdbrain being in the hospital from 3/21/08 to 9/17/08. But God!

I continue to marvel at the scope of our Father's great love and grace for all of us. I rejoice to be back again with you declaring His poikilos wisdom in the Son of His love.
Wow Birdy, praise God you are ok. I had wondered what happened to you. I also would like to hear more about what happened to you.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:49 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,881 times
Default "the eventual salvation of all" links

WHAT I WISH I HAD KNOWN DURING MY YOUTH

How I recovered from a 12 year nervous breakdown (1966-78) I’m 69

My name is Rodger Tutt. I am 69 years old. I could have avoided a horrific twelve year nervous breakdown (1966-78) had I known as a youth about the following information concerning what a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible teaches

You can access my website through Google by typing in hope4you rodger tutt, or
My website is Hope 4 You, Roger Tutt

You can also access most of the following writings through Google by typing in the title.

BOOKS THAT SHOW THAT THE BIBLE TEACHES UNIVERSAL SALVATION,
THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF WHICH CAN BE READ ONLINE

If necessary, copy and paste the following urls into the address bar.

0. ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST – Charles Slagle
absolute assurance in jesus christ
1. HOPE BEYOND HELL - Gerry Beauchemin (recently published)
http://hopebeyondhell.net/Revised_Edition.pdf
2. CHRIST TRIUMPHANT - Thomas Allin
Christ Triumphant by Thomas Allin
3. THE BIBLE HELL - J.W. Hanson
The Bible Hell
4. THE ORIGIN AND HISTORY OF THE DOCTRINE OF ENDLESS PUNISHMENT – Thomas Thayer
The Origin and History of the Doctrine of Endless Punishment
5. THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – Dr. Loyal Hurley
The Outcome of Infinite Grace
6. JUST WHAT DO YOU MEAN "HELL" - J. Preston Eby
Just What Do You Mean...Hell?
7. ONE HUNDRED SCRIPTURAL PROOFS THAT JESUS CHRIST WILL SAVE ALL MANKIND - Thomas Whittemore
100 Scriptural Proofs That Jesus Christ Will Save All Mankind
8. TWENTY-FOUR SERMONS ON UNIVERSAL SALVATION – John Bovee Dods
Twenty-Four Short Sermons on the Doctrine of Universal Salvation
9. THE SECOND DEATH AND THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – Andrew Jukes
Restitution of All Things (Index) (http://www.tentmaker.org/restitutionindex.htm - broken link)
10. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY REASONS FOR BELIEVING IN THE FINAL SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND – Erasmus Manford
150 Reasons For Believing In The Final Salvation Of All Mankind
11. THE RICH MAN AND LAZARUS – J. Patching
The Rich Man and Lazarus by J. Patching
12. BIBLE TRANSLATIONS THAT DO NOT TEACH ETERNAL TORMENT – Gary Amirault
Bible Translations That Do Not Teach Eternal Torment
13. AION – AIONIOS – John Wesley Hanson
AIÓN -- AIÓNIOS
14. BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED – John Wesley Hanson
Bible Threatenings Explained
15. THE CASE OF JUDAS, ETCETERA
Chapter Sixteen
16. THE PROBLEM OF EVIL – John Essex
AND THE ROLE OF THE ADVERSARY – James Webb
The Problem
17. HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE – James Coram
Concordant Expositions (html format) - His Achievement Are We
18. THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – Andrew jukes
http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/jukes2.html
19. THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – George Hawtin
The Restitution of All Things By George Hawtin
20. THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD SERIES – J. Preston Eby
Savior of the World Series

Old 10-10-2008, 05:52 PM

Thanks for all of the links, Rodger and thanks for sharing. God bless.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:16 PM

Rodger,

Thanks for you view.

I agree that the "eternal" hell doctrine is a damaging one. I too wish that I had known about the restoration of all in my youth, however I also have in a way made peace with that part of my life and know that without adversity you do not appreciate the good.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:28 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
BOOKS THAT SHOW THAT THE BIBLE TEACHES UNIVERSAL SALVATION, THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF WHICH CAN BE READ ONLINE
Interesting that it takes books by men to 'teach' something from the Bible.

No discerning individual could pick up just a bible and come to the conclusion you universalists come to.

Question:

Did ANY of you come to universalism on your own or did you have to be taught this from the mouths of men?

Now we'll get the
well, the hell thing didn't 'seem' right to me so I knew it couldn't be true'.....so we get ourselves to believe a gospel that 'feels' right to us and keeps us from a gospel that REQUIRES repentance.

Simply put, there's no urgency(or necessity for that matter) in a Universalist's gospel.....and there is in Christ's gospel.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Interesting that it takes books by men to 'teach' something from the Bible.

No discerning individual could pick up just a bible and come to the conclusion you universalists come to.

Question:

Did ANY of you come to universalism on your own or did you have to be taught this from the mouths of men?

Now we'll get the
well, the hell thing didn't 'seem' right to me so I knew it couldn't be true'.....so we get ourselves to believe a gospel that 'feels' right to us and keeps us from a gospel that REQUIRES repentance.

Simply put, there's no urgency(or necessity for that matter) in a Universalist's gospel.....and there is in Christ's gospel.
Alpha8207,

Universal restoration is not apart from Christs gospel - the good news is that all will be restored but each in their own order ....... As in adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive

There is a necessity for repentance, when it is said that every knee will bow and every tongue confess that means that all will be repentant and that it is only through Christ that all will be restored.

Those that are called and chosen in this life are in the first resurrection, those that are not will be reconciled in their order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity