U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 04:03 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,362,050 times

Advertisements

Just being a nicer person is not a Christian---1 John 2:15.

Just being more humble is not a Christian---Titus 3:10.

Just sharing the news of Jesus more is not a Christian----Matthew 7:6.

Just being more courageous is not a Christian---Romans 12:3.

Just being more optimistic is not a Christian---Matthew 10:34-37.

Just being more liked is not a Christian---Luke 6:26.

Just being more wealthy is not a Christian----1 Timothy 6.

Just being more ambitious is not a Christian---Luke 3:14.

Just being more peaceful is not a Christian---James 5:20.

Just having a cleaner heart is not a Christian---1 Peter 3:3.

Just minding you own business more is not a Christian---1 Thess. 5:12.

Just being more friendly is not a Christian---2 Cor. 6.

Just praying more is not a Christian---John 17:9.

Just blood boasting more is not a Christian---Romans 6:1.

Just being more serious about marriage is not a Christian---Romans 7:2-3.

Just agreeing to disagree more is not a Christian----2 Peter 1:20-21.

Just being coachable more is not a Christian---1 John 2:27.

Just going to people that's experienced with life more is not a Christian---Psalms 1.

Just pledging to be sober more is not a Christian---1 Peter 4:1-4.

Just wanting everybody to go to heaven is not a Christian---2 Cor. 4:3.

Just a commitment to God more is not a Christian---John 8:31.

Just a worry free heart more is not a Christian---James 3:2.

Just self wisdom more is not a Christian---Jeremiah 10:23.

Just getting a few bible truths mastered more is not a Christian---2 Timothy 2:15.

Just extending out a hand to the poor more is not a Christian---2 Thess. 3:10.

Just a hope in Christ for everybody saved is not a Christian---John 8:44.

Just a commitment to tithing more is not a Christian---Galations 1:8-9.

Just a commitment to a ministry more is not a Christian---Matthew 15:14.

Just honoring every preacher more is not a Christian---1 Cor. 14:34-35.

Just getting self together is not a Christian---John 17:21 and Psalms 133:1.

Just a noble goal and passion more to be in unity with 100% bible believers is certainly
an elite saint goal---Matthew 5:6 and Psalms 133:1 and Matthew 10:17-20 and
Amos 3:3 and John 17:21.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 05:04 PM

34,779 posts, read 24,134,338 times
I've found letting go of most of what is traditionally taught as Christian helped me in a big way. Just being honest. Xx

Old 11-27-2013, 06:58 PM

18,173 posts, read 13,456,010 times
Not enough band width available

Old 11-27-2013, 08:05 PM

264 posts, read 314,812 times
Humm Imagine that.. and here I thought God was serious when He said we must be made HOLY in the image of His holy Son, for Jesus is coming for a temple that is without spot or blemish and holy!! What a shock!
Why I think that someone is trying to take away the daily sacrifices, telling people that you just come as you are, and then just stand there, when they should be telling them to come as your are, then bend down to humble yourself under the cross at his feet, then PICK UP YOUR CROSS AND START WALKING!

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
KJV
Eph 1:4-5
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
KJV
Rom 11:16
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
KJV
Rev 22:10-15
10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
KJV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity