Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 11:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

For those of you who think I'm off my rocker for saying our salvation is not salvation from eternal hell, and that it not taught in the scriptures in the sense that salvation and eternal hell are referenced together, here's the proof.
Jesus never taught it, nor did any of the writers of the New Testament. The scriptures teach that now is the day of salvation and that salvation is salvation from our enemies, and the greatest enemy is the sin that easily besets us.

BibleGateway.com - Keyword Search: Salvation

Old 12-04-2013, 12:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People wonder about how they could have survived the day of wrath, but the Bible teaches the wrath will not be revealed until the day of wrath. It is a future event.

Folks, don't store up wrath for yourself, unless you insist on God revealing His wrath on the day of judgment.

Romans 2:5 But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. He will render to each one according to his works
Acts 17:31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed.....

Every day we continue to live in sin, we store up wrath upon ourselves, and unless we allow Christ to take it away, God's wrath will be revealed on us on that day. Yes, Christ can save you from the sin, which would otherwise condemn you on that day.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Acts 17:31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed.....

Every day we continue to live in sin, we store up wrath upon ourselves, and unless we allow Christ to take it away, God's wrath will be revealed on us on that day. Yes, Christ can save you from the sin, which would otherwise condemn you on that day.
Like I said, everything is projected into the future by Christianity as we know it today. The appointed man you speak of(the word of God)is in all bringing justice into our individual worlds today.

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. Matt 12:37. This is not some future judgement but the reality today of what we speak, faith justifies us and our words of unbelief We speak condemn us. It is right there in the bible from Genesis right through to Revelation. For example..... Say you are a poor miserable sinner ? Guess what?............you've just condemned yourself, not in the future but today in your experience in life on earth.

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:38 PM

The Jew thought the messiah would save from Rome, the Christian believes the messiah saves them from eternal hell. How could they both be so wrong when they have the scriptures ?.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Jew thought the messiah would save from Rome, the Christian believes the messiah saves them from eternal hell. How could they both be so wrong when they have the scriptures ?.
Because they missed the fact that ALL FLESH shall see the salvation of God.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Because they missed the fact that ALL FLESH shall see the salvation of God.
And the centurion, and those with him watching Jesus, having seen the earthquake, and the things that were done, were exceedingly afraid, saying, 'Truly this was God's Son.'

But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid

Old 12-05-2013, 07:23 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:

But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid
Yes! I love that passage. It's filled with light.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Apparently you haven't read the Bible...or at least not in a long time, and not all of it. Read it again. Pay attention to the end of Revelation, especially.
Some people read, but they cannot understand.

1 Cor 2:14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

2 Cor 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Some people read, but they cannot understand.

1 Cor 2:14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

2 Cor 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
What amazes me is how we see what is not there and not see what actually is there. For example we are told by you and pastor Vizio that our salvation is salvation from hell and it is in the bible, yet when asked for scripture that clearly and undeniably states this you can't come up with one, and rather than being open and hone last about it and saying it is not in scripture, you say it is unreasonable to make such a demand on the text,knowing for well if it is clearly taught in the bible, you'd posting scriptures to prove it.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
What amazes me is how we see what is not there and not see what actually is there. For example we are told by you and pastor Vizio that our salvation is salvation from hell and it is in the bible, yet when asked for scripture that clearly and undeniably states this you can't come up with one, and rather than being open and hone last about it and saying it is not in scripture, you say it is unreasonable to make such a demand on the text,knowing for well if it is clearly taught in the bible, you'd posting scriptures to prove it.
You can make any demand you want, I don't care. The verses are crystal clear to me, but they are hidden from you. What can I say? You admit it is not clear to you, and I believe it.

This too is very clear to me: "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness". What has been shown to you is foolishness to you, and that is the reason why I do not attempt to convince you of anything. You have already proven you cannot see it, so what is the point of repeating it to you? I say what I have to say, and then I move on. I know others see what you cannot. I was once in the same place where you are today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity