Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 03:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you open you're eyes regardless of what you believe about being saved, you cannot deny that verse is talking about being purged.
If you open your eyes, you will see it is not about burning people in order to "purge" them.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Everybody is saved even if their works are worthless, Finn. The difference is in what kind of experience the refinement will be. Reaping what we sow individualizes the results to the specifics of each individual's life. I am pretty confident in my specifics through "love of God and each other" daily and repenting when I don't . . . are you sure your "belief magic" will be enough, Finn?
I believe in Jesus Christ, and yes, it is enough.

Good luck with your beliefs that you have earned your way out of the flames.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:38 PM

63,940 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Everybody is saved even if their works are worthless, Finn. The difference is in what kind of experience the refinement will be. Reaping what we sow individualizes the results to the specifics of each individual's life. I am pretty confident in my specifics through "love of God and each other" daily and repenting when I don't . . . are you sure your "belief magic" will be enough, Finn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I believe in Jesus Christ, and yes, it is enough.
Good luck with your beliefs that you have earned your way out of the flames.
Actually if you are right . . . I have a kind of Pascal's wager . . . since I believe in Jesus Christ AND follow His instructions to His disciples.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:45 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
If you open your eyes, you will see it is not about burning people in order to "purge" them.
There you go again with your literal eyes. You really do believe literal flesh is going to burn in heaven. You really have answered all my questions i have asked you with this post . No further question about hell fire and where unbelievers go from me.

Dare i say who is up next

Old 05-01-2014, 03:54 PM

376 posts, read 420,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Finn, is there anything that still needs to be purged out of you?
His heart needs to be defrosted in hell.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
There you go again with your literal eyes. You really do believe literal flesh is going to burn in heaven. You really have answered all my questions i have asked you with this post . No further question about hell fire and where unbelievers go from me.

Dare i say who is up next
You are the one talking about people in flames, not me I specifically said 1 Cor 3 does NOT talk about people in fire (any kind of fire).

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-01-2014 at 04:12 PM..

Old 05-01-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
You are the one talking about people in flames, not me I specifically said 1 Cor 3 does NOT talk about people in fire.
Don't worry, no more questions from me about your beliefs in hell fire,you have answered all my questions in one post. Like i have always said, the day always declares it

So, What does it mean by those who have lost their reward will pass through the fire ?.

if of any the work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; and himself shall be saved, but so as through fire. 1 Cor 3:15

Old 05-01-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Don't worry, no more questions from me about your beliefs in hell fire,you have answered all my questions in one post. Like i have always said, the day always declares it
I simply pointed out the fact that you misrepresented what I had said. It is too bad you find it too hard to admit it.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I simply pointed out the fact that you misrepresented what I had said. It is too bad you find it too hard to admit it.
But, you still refuse to tell us what that 1 Corinthians 3:15 bible verse means if it doesn't mean what is being said to you it means. You cannot just say it doesn't mean that without telling us why. How could you be taken seriously if you don't.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:41 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times
Quote:

So, What does it mean by those who have lost their reward will pass through the fire ?.

if of any the work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; and himself shall be saved, but so as through fire.
1 Cor 3:15
1 Corinthians 3:11-15
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light.

It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work.

If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.

If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

The point of what Paul was saying was “Be careful how you build!” ... in other words the more theologically sound one is, the finer of material you are. Gold being finest - hay or straw the worst but still enough to escape being damned to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity