Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 09:35 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Jesus Christ is who I put my faith in for salvation ! ! !

Salvation from what?

Old 12-03-2013, 09:36 AM

204 posts, read 351,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Salvation from what?
Hell duh

Old 12-03-2013, 09:47 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Salvation from what?
Really? are you that contentious?

Proverbs 26:21

Old 12-03-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong30 View Post
Hell duh
Do you have a scripture from your bible that states you're salvation is salvation from hell. You see this bible believer only believes what the bible CLEARLY states.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Really? are you that contentious?

Proverbs 26:21
I see I'm contentious for asking what the bible states what salvation is..You will have to do much better than that to CONVINCE this bible believer that it clearly teaches salvation,is salvation from hell.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-03-2013 at 10:06 AM..

Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
So hidden within proverbs is a bible verse that CLEARLY states our salvation is salvation from hell?, are you serious?. You have to be clutching at straws to be doing that.You will have to do much better than that to CONVINCE this bible believer.
Would you like to me to show from your bible what it clearly states salvation really is?
You just answered my question. Clearly I need nothing you can offer.

Blessings

Old 12-03-2013, 10:08 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Originally Posted by jghorton
The thing that amazes me regarding hell is: The folks who claim NOT to believe hell exists ... are the ones who initiate most of the hell discussions, and spend the most time talking about hell!

Read the “hell” posts out here on the Christian CD Forum. I believe you will discover that in 90-percent of the cases, the thread was started by someone who did NOT believe in hell! – Honestly, Christians are often characterized as being obsessed with hell, by those who do not believe hell exists! … Yet, those who DO believe in the existence of hell, rarely initiate the ‘hell conversation.’

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Where you frightened by the idea that the unbelieving/sinful would be cast into a lake of burning sulfur as a young child? Even if one doesn't quite believe that literally, the lingering fear of a wrathful God of a terrible punishment that NEVER ENDS leaves a psychological scar on you.

You are certainly not alone in your feelings. Many seem to wrongly view God as wrathful and punishing; and even assert that God arbitrarily casts unsuspecting people into a lake of burning sulfur. But, that is NOT the God or circumstance portrayed in scripture!

The God of the Bible is righteous, holy and just! He is a God of mercy and grace, who is patient and loving. He has done absolutely everything necessary and possible, within His perfect plan, to provide Salvation and Eternal Life for all.

The "wrathful, vengeful God" is a mis-characterization by those who are unwilling to accept the God of the Bible or who petulantly refuse to believe any 'outcome' that differs from how they would do things ... "if they were God."

Old 12-03-2013, 10:09 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass45 View Post
Someone told me if someone commits suicide they go to hell. How do they know that?
The Bible doesn't say that.
Quote:

I dont believe in hell.But i do believe that God will let you know how you feel for the ones that you hurt. God knows what the future holds for us so why would he sick back and just watch someone go to hell.
Because we have willfully sinned against him. He is infinitely holy and he is going to punish the guilty. He has said so.
Quote:

We have free will. He sent Jesus down to earth to teach how to love one another.
Do you have a Bible verse that says that? The Bible says that Jesus came to die for sinners -- a propitiation, the just for the unjust.
Quote:

When Jesus was being nailed on the cross he didnt curse the guards that treated him like crap.
I know someone where the girl killed herself because of mental issues and someone told them that their daughter is in hell and the mother responded that she had a dream that her daughter came to visit telling her she is okay and safe. I was so glad that the mother said that.
I'm very sorry. Their daughter committing suicide did not damn her to hell. The fact is, none of us are deserving of heaven based on our own merit. If we trust in what Jesus did, we can go to heaven.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
You just answered my question. Clearly I need nothing you can offer.

Blessings
Well, I will only take from you only that which you can prove from scripture . There is no salvation from hell taught in the scriptures. Nowhere does it state it, not even vaguely. Even eternal hell if existed it is not taught that it is that which we are saved from.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:13 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Well, I will only take from you only that which you can prove from scripture . There is no salvation from hell taught in the scriptures. Nowhere does it state it, not even vaguely. Even eternal hell if existed it is not taught that it is that which we are saved from.
Moderator cut: delete
Jesus didn't die just so you could know how to love--why does that require a crucified and resurrected Messiah? He died because in our natural state we are at war with God--and he will punish the wicked. By trusting in Jesus, we are made righteous.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-06-2013 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity