U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 09:21 AM

9,795 posts, read 6,765,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Do you believe God is a consuming Fire?
Do you believe the wicked have immortality?
1. yes
2. maybe

I asked you two question of which you didn't answer either of them. I presume you responded to the wrong post.

I answered them both but now I'm just responding.

fini
Rate this post positively

Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 AM

17,157 posts, read 9,968,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Are you a Christian?
I'm holding this question hostage. The ransom is that you answer the questions that have been asked of you, first.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm holding this question hostage. The ransom is that you answer the questions that have been asked of you, first.
Post 136 you wanted to know the bad news and the consequences. I answered.

Quote:
OK... Here's the bad news

for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil
because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart,you are storing up wrath against yourself
for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger

However this MUST be read in context of Romans 2... 'cause by golly the good news is better.
I couldn't be more clear. Bad news and consequences.

2x ... So are you a Christian?

Old 12-12-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Post 136 you wanted to know the bad news and the consequences. I answered.

I couldn't be more clear. Bad news and consequences.

2x ... So are you a Christian?

Yes, I saw that answer, and then responded to it with this in post 13_? something or the other:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
So you are not reading eternal torment by God into the text as Mike does, I guess?

Then I guess my question for you is, why do you object to people asking someone like Mike, who posts on a public message board insisting that his understanding is correct, to defend such a belief?

Old 12-12-2013, 09:57 AM

6,370 posts, read 6,426,526 times
Quote:
1. yes
2. maybe

I asked you two question of which you didn't answer either of them. I presume you responded to the wrong post.

I answered them both but now I'm just responding.

fini
Then if you believe God is a consuming fire then do you believe the wicked will be consumed in the lake o f fire?

Also, if you answer maybe to whether the wicked have immortality, then can you be assured that the wicked will live forever in the lake of fire?

Old 12-12-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Then if you believe God is a consuming fire then do you believe the wicked will be consumed in the lake o f fire?

Also, if you answer maybe to whether the wicked have immortality, then can you be assured that the wicked will live forever in the lake of fire?
My turn.

Do you believe that how you judge others will be how you will be judged?

Do you believe the lake of fire draws seekers to God or pushes them away from Him?

Old 12-12-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Yes, I saw that answer, and then responded to it with this in post 13_? something or the other:
answering with a question is not an answer... it's still my turn. I guess

X3 are you a Christian?

Old 12-12-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
answering with a question is not an answer... it's still my turn. I guess

X3 are you a Christian?

Back at ya.

I asked you those questions yesterday, several pages ago. They remain unanswered and therefore that is obviously the post that I was referring to when I said if you answered the questions asked of you, I would answer yours.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Back at ya.

I asked you those questions yesterday, several pages ago. They remain unanswered and therefore that is obviously the post that I was referring to when I said if you answered the questions asked of you, I would answer yours.
Clearly one of us is not a Christian at this point. I now impose the 3 strike rule... your out. no grace at home plate...

Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven

I'm dusting off my feet (and home plate) 'cause I'm done with you in this thread. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 12-13-2013 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: Rude/accusatory statements are deleted.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:31 AM

Until it is time to answer your question, Dave, I will take a moment to say that I find your question bordering on judgmental . Whether or not someone claims the label of Christian has nothing to do with the validity of the points they make or the legitimacy of the questions they ask. Often, the reason Christians ask that question in these types of discussions is because they hope they can find a way to justify, in their own mind, dismissing what the other person has to say. Hopefully, that is not your motivation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.