U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:27 AM
 
32,524 posts, read 34,366,446 times
Reputation: 32510

Advertisements

What happens to the 5 year old Syrian child who is in a refugee camp and dies from dehydration and diarrhea? Does he get cast into this lake of fire?

(That's happening right now. Today. Are all those non-Christian kids who are suffering and dying through no fault of their own going to your lake of fire?)
Rate this post positively

 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Florida
9,210 posts, read 6,501,121 times
Reputation: 6753
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What happens to the 5 year old Syrian child who is in a refugee camp and dies from dehydration and diarrhea? Does he get cast into this lake of fire?

(That's happening right now. Today. Are all those non-Christian kids who are suffering and dying through no fault of their own going to your lake of fire?)
What did God say when you asked Him? No one here is a god, no one speaks for God, unless you’re a prophet and ain't none here I tell ya. Therefore all answers are opinions, your Bible reads the same as mine. What does it teach you? If you believe in a benevolent loving deity, must that deity reveal everything to everyone because it’s “fair” in your eyes?

Lots of questions… so seek to understand.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:44 AM
 
Location: USA
17,157 posts, read 9,840,112 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
What did God say when you asked Him? No one here is a god, no one speaks for God, unless you’re a prophet and ain't none here I tell ya. Therefore all answers are opinions, your Bible reads the same as mine. What does it teach you? If you believe in a benevolent loving deity, must that deity reveal everything to everyone because it’s “fair” in your eyes?

Lots of questions… so seek to understand.

So it's okay for you guys to say you speak for God when you insist that God will torment non-Christians for eternity. But when someone asks you a specific question regarding how that works exactly, suddenly you can't speak for God anymore?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:50 AM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
28,933 posts, read 21,270,735 times
Reputation: 13295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The Gospel means good news.

Yes... even the Gospel has bad news... I get that. However I contend that we should focus more upon how to get there ( heaven) and not to enter a battle of truths to make a point.

Warning and consequences are absolutly necessary, absolutly truthful and they exist everywhere in life. You see, I'm a simple guy who trys to break it down to it's simplest form... so when teaching someone how to do anything we show them how to win within the rules not just the rules that will cause them to stumble.

Think of it like this.... a mountain road, winding and twisting. Going over the edge would mean certain death, without question. However this road has guard rails... so ask yourself; would you feel safer with the guard rails? or without? Same road, same car, same danger but if the unthinkable was to happen those guard rails would save me. That's all I'm sayin'.
The reality of eternal condemnation, since it is bad news, is not a part of the gospel. The gospel or good news is that God has provided a means of deliverance from that condemnation.

It is not the intent of this thread to engage in endless argumentation with those who blatantly reject the reality of eternal condemnation, but rather, to answer the legitimate question, 'From what are we saved?'

Nor is it my intent to defend my motives or the existence of this thread.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:54 AM
 
Location: USA
17,157 posts, read 9,840,112 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The reality of eternal condemnation, since it is bad news, is not a part of the gospel. The gospel or good news is that God has provided a means of deliverance from that condemnation.

It is not the intent of this thread to engage in endless argumentation with those who blatantly reject the reality of eternal condemnation, but rather, to answer the legitimate question, 'From what are we saved?'

Nor is it my intent to defend my motives or the existence of this thread.
It's a reality because you say it's a reality (you speak for God) and you will brook no discussion on the matter from those who blatantly reject what you say (and by extension, what God says). Because no one who questions what you say has legitimate questions. Nice.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-06-2013, 10:04 AM
 
32,524 posts, read 34,366,446 times
Reputation: 32510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

It is not the intent of this thread to engage in endless argumentation with those who blatantly reject the reality of eternal condemnation, but rather, to answer the legitimate question, 'From what are we saved?'
Pity. Because I've been asking that question of fundamentalists for a VERY long time and not one has ever answered my question.

(When I began asking it innocents were starving to death in Bangladesh. So nothing has changed in 40 years. I'll keep on asking.)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 AM
 
4,671 posts, read 5,151,678 times
Reputation: 3904
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What happens to the 5 year old Syrian child who is in a refugee camp and dies from dehydration and diarrhea? Does he get cast into this lake of fire?

(That's happening right now. Today. Are all those non-Christian kids who are suffering and dying through no fault of their own going to your lake of fire?)

Scriptures say you are only condemned for rejecting the Gospel, so a lil kid in a third world country that has never heard or God or Jesus, cant be condemned for rejecting something they have never had a chance to accept or even heard of.

God would not be that wicked to burn for eternity 70% of the planet that has never heard of Jesus or even know who is he. Im sure he will have some sort of accountability for them on what his terms are and we as humans will never know what Gods thoughts are for those people.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-06-2013, 10:16 AM
 
32,524 posts, read 34,366,446 times
Reputation: 32510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
What did God say when you asked Him?
That His love for each of us is eternal and all encompassing.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-06-2013, 10:20 AM
 
Location: USA
17,157 posts, read 9,840,112 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Scriptures say you are only condemned for rejecting the Gospel, so a lil kid in a third world country that has never heard or God or Jesus, cant be condemned for rejecting something they have never had a chance to accept or even heard of.

God would not be that wicked to burn for eternity 70% of the planet that has never heard of Jesus or even know who is he. Im sure he will have some sort of accountability for them on what his terms are and we as humans will never know what Gods thoughts are for those people.
Which begs the question of WHY you would tell anyone the "gospel" and risk people being condemned to eternity in torment for rejecting it? It would be much kinder to keep that kind of gospel to yourself.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-06-2013, 10:24 AM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
28,933 posts, read 21,270,735 times
Reputation: 13295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It's a reality because you say it's a reality (you speak for God) and you will brook no discussion on the matter from those who blatantly reject what you say (and by extension, what God says). Because no one who questions what you say has legitimate questions. Nice.
There is no need for your hostile and combative tone. Whether or not you can accept what the Bible says about any particular subject is an issue you must deal with. The Bible plainly reveals that the penalty for sin is death, and that the ultimate result for those who do not accept God's solution is eternal separation from God. The purpose of the original post was to present the pertinent Scripture which shows that.

But I have no intention of entering into endless argumentation with the same people on this forum who as you say, 'blatantly reject,' not what I say, but what the Bible says. You know what the Bible says, and you will have to deal with it. I will however answer legitimate questions. That does not include the same questions being asked over and over again by the same people who have previously rejected the answer and are just being argumentative.

Last edited by Michael Way; 12-06-2013 at 11:02 AM..
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top