U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 05:45 AM

36,109 posts, read 24,710,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

As to your question of me, as I said, I am not inclined to answer based on your previous post. If you tell me the reason you want to know whether or not I am a Christian, then I may reconsider.
You're not if you do not believe at least what I believe about God and the bible and you cannot possibly know anything about God and the bible if you do not believe at least the very basics of what I believe and what's more can teach me nothing about either.

Ps the lake of fire is for the likes of you Pleroo, but be of a God cheer, believe me you will embrace it.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-13-2013, 06:01 AM

73,512 posts, read 42,020,151 times
Quote:
As to your question of me, as I said, I am not inclined to answer based on your previous post. If you tell me the reason you want to know whether or not I am a Christian, then I may reconsider.
Don't make promises you have no intention of keeping

Old 12-13-2013, 06:33 AM

7,908 posts, read 11,521,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Sorry June... my bad.

I thought a bit of iron on iron might bring out some fire. Sometimes when I see the world as a nail all I want to be is a hammer.
No problem, Dave. June understands. This particular topic has historically always been a contentious one in terms of interpretation and disagreement among members on this subforum, and sometimes one needs to "agree to disagree" with others who don't share one's exact, same views....(That last sentence was a major *HINT* folks!)

Guys, you've GOT to dial it back a bit!!! This is a great thread, but there's a flame war a-brewin', and June does NOT want to end up finding herself having to infract anyone, much less close down a thread!

In terms of the questioning regarding whether someone is a Christian or not, just a reminder: PLEASE read the Sticky at the top of the forum. That may well circumvent what June mentioned in the paragraph above....

Okay, folks? (Just trying to "keep the peace" and the thread civil and viable....)

With thanks!

Last edited by june 7th; 12-13-2013 at 06:49 AM..

Old 12-13-2013, 09:01 AM

17,157 posts, read 9,942,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You're not if you do not believe at least what I believe about God and the bible and you cannot possibly know anything about God and the bible if you do not believe at least the very basics of what I believe and what's more can teach me nothing about either.
You speak for many, my friend, even though you are saying it tongue in cheek.

Quote:
Ps the lake of fire is for the likes of you Pleroo, but be of a God cheer, believe me you will embrace it.
"God is a consuming fire." "God is love."

Throw me in!

Old 12-13-2013, 01:00 PM

57,652 posts, read 33,782,142 times
Quote:
You speak for many, my friend, even though you are saying it tongue in cheek.
"God is a consuming fire." "God is love."
Throw me in!
If only people knew what that really meant about how we should be. Producing agape love is our purpose for existing.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:49 PM

11,826 posts, read 11,341,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
No problem, Dave. June understands. This particular topic has historically always been a contentious one in terms of interpretation and disagreement among members on this subforum, and sometimes one needs to "agree to disagree" with others who don't share one's exact, same views....(That last sentence was a major *HINT* folks!)

Guys, you've GOT to dial it back a bit!!! This is a great thread, but there's a flame war a-brewin', and June does NOT want to end up finding herself having to infract anyone, much less close down a thread!

In terms of the questioning regarding whether someone is a Christian or not, just a reminder: PLEASE read the Sticky at the top of the forum. That may well circumvent what June mentioned in the paragraph above....

Okay, folks? (Just trying to "keep the peace" and the thread civil and viable....)

With thanks!
So let's compare that standard to like if this were a pure breed dog subforum:

What you're saying is that if enough non-pure breed dog owners insist that they do have pure breed dog that the best solution to prevent "a flame war a-brewin' is for the pure breed owners to arbitrarily surrender the standards of what a pure breed is to the insistent non-pure breed dog owners because I as non-pure bred dog owner can't \ won't \ unable to \ don't care to\ have my feeling hurt due to not being able to determine what is "pure bred" or not.

That solution makes perfect sense and is probably why purebred dog owners should get a life when I with my none-pure breed dog show up insisting on equality with them.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:01 PM

57,652 posts, read 33,782,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
So let's compare that standard to like if this were a pure breed dog subforum:
What you're saying is that if enough non-pure breed dog owners insist that they do have pure breed dog that the best solution to prevent "a flame war a-brewin' is for the pure breed owners to arbitrarily surrender the standards of what a pure breed is to the insistent non-pure breed dog owners because I as non-pure bred dog owner can't \ won't \ unable to \ don't care to\ have my feeling hurt due to not being able to determine what is "pure bred" or not.
That solution makes perfect sense and is probably why purebred dog owners should get a life when I with my none-pure breed dog show up insisting on equality with them.
Since all the breeds evolved from the same ancestor . . . it is senseless to pretend that there is any meaningful difference among them. They are all dogs. You pretend that there is only one breed of Christian, Twin and that is one who believes as you do. But all who follow Christ are Christians whether or not YOU agree with their pedigree.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since all the breeds evolved from the same ancestor . . . it is senseless to pretend that there is any meaningful difference among them. They are all dogs. You pretend that there is only one breed of Christian, Twin and that is one who believes as you do. But all who follow Christ are Christians whether or not YOU agree with their pedigree.
That just shows the reality of the cluelessness of the none-purebred god owner (as my example proves).... I'm not the one who is pretending.

There is only one breed of Christianity ... and yup ... that is one who believes as I do.
Not all evolve from the same ancestor despite foot stamping of the non-purebred dog owners claim:
1 John 3:10
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are:

1 John 5:19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

Last edited by twin.spin; 12-13-2013 at 03:25 PM..

Old 12-13-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
[mod]Orphaned
That just shows the reality of the cluelessness of the none-purebred dog owner's arguments

The same person who is most often quoted (using my example of the two different breed of dog owners ) barbarically wrote:
John 8:44
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires.

1 John 3:10
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are:

1 John 5:19
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

also wrote with the same barbarianism:

1 John 4:8
.....God is love.

and that's why the non-purebred dog owners have seething spit balls when the purebred factually states an OP like this one:
The penalty of sin is death, the ultimate result being the lake of fire. Scripture compared with Scripture

Last edited by june 7th; 12-13-2013 at 07:33 PM..

Old 12-13-2013, 03:40 PM

17,157 posts, read 9,942,107 times
Twin, we disagree; nothing new there so I didn't think I needed to say it.

I've got a soft spot in my heart for you. I wanted to make you smile, not upset you.

Have a good evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 12-13-2013 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Adding to contentiousness within thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.