U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 04:57 PM

7,901 posts, read 11,465,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
So let's compare that standard to like if this were a pure breed dog subforum:

What you're saying is that if enough non-pure breed dog owners insist that they do have pure breed dog that the best solution to prevent "a flame war a-brewin' is for the pure breed owners to arbitrarily surrender the standards of what a pure breed is to the insistent non-pure breed dog owners because I as non-pure bred dog owner can't \ won't \ unable to \ don't care to\ have my feeling hurt due to not being able to determine what is "pure bred" or not.

That solution makes perfect sense and is probably why purebred dog owners should get a life when I with my none-pure breed dog show up insisting on equality with them.
Huh?

Wish you'd used cats in your analogy, as June's little dog was put down just 6 weeks ago, and, well.... (But just for the record, June could have cared less whether he was a pure bred dog or not. He was still THE CUTEST dog on God's earth! June knows in having said that there's going to be a forthcoming post from another member challenging her on the fact that his was "the cutest", but one only need go to the "Friendship Thread" where the proof is in all it's photogenic black and white cuteness and glory!

Seriously: Twin, June is pretty sure she understands what you are saying, she is NOT asking that anybody surrender their standards at all! June "get's it" that both sides of this particular debate are very seriously taken by both sides. That's fine! It's what makes for a good debate and discussion! What June is saying is for everyone to please refer to the Sticky at the top of the forum! --Whether you're a pure bred cat owner or not, you're still a cat owner, and feel very strongly about your cat! All June's asking is that members debate and discuss the issue, but to do so as respectfully as humanly possible. 'Tis the Season, guys! It's okay to argue; no problem. But please, just do so with respect towards one another, and a modicum of acceptance as regards the fact that there are two different mindsets of Christians on this forum who will NEVER AGREE. June sees that every day. This subforum has a looooonngggg history of that. --But nonetheless, debates (no matter how passionately conducted) CAN be done with civility. That's all June's saying in her post....Heck, June's an atheist, but she was able to have a perfectly great dialogue with a fundamentalist believer, learned and gained a lot, and was glad she did! It's not impossible. But both parties did so with respect towards the other. That's what made it so good!

So June hopes the above helps? Maybe?

The Sticky, people, the Sticky! No one is being asked to surrender their standards as regards their own personal understanding of, or means by what they believe. Uphold and defend those standards, but just keep it within the realms of the TOS, and with the Sticky in mind.

That's all.

So please, defend away, surrender nothing, but just dial it back a bit so the thread doesn't become so contentious that either of the mods feel it must be closed down. We don't want to do that.

Truly, that's all! --And yes, June realizes that it's easier said than done when it comes to saying "agree to disagree, just discuss and debate." She truly does. But for the interests of all involved and who have invested a lot in their posts in this thread (which means your posts, too, Twin, which are good ones!) just everyone try and keep it a bit more civil before a full blown flame war breaks out.

That's all June's saying. Truly.

--That and the fact that she had the cutest dog on the face of the earth.

Trying to end on a happier, lighter note.....

Hope this helped clarify.

Last edited by june 7th; 12-13-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 12-13-2013, 05:22 PM

6,822 posts, read 5,987,180 times
We all have an opinion of what truth is, but in the end our opinions of what is the truth is meaningless. The truth is reality independent of our opinion.

I believe that the reality of an Eternal Hell is a central component to the gospel.

1.Psalm 16:10
For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Either the Son paid the penalty of Eternal Hell or He didn't. I believe it is clear from Scripture that the punishment that was laid out on Him as a sinless man being judged as a sinner IN OUR PLACE was an ETERNAL Punishment..

I believe whenever JESUS cried out "My God My God why hast thou forsaken me" he was literally FORSAKEN with Faith in the promise of God that He would not leave Him in Hell.

This is why there is ZERO chance of forgiveness for someone who does not come to the Son for Salvation as GOD allowed His only begotten Son to be FORSAKEN suffering ETERNAL PUNISHMENT for yours and my sake.

The Gospel is a demonstration of God's Holiness, Justice, Mercy, Power and Infinite Love toward us. It also demonstrates His hatred toward sin. His ways are above our ways. We best just accept His ways and His anointed one JESUS and just submit to His rule of our lives.

My Savior suffered an ETERNAL PUNISHMENT for mine and your sake. Without Christ I know that my punishment will be eternal. Sure it is belief, but is it truth?

We will find out won't we?

Old 12-13-2013, 06:03 PM

670 posts, read 744,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Huh?

Wish you'd used cats in your analogy, as June's little dog was put down just 6 weeks ago, and, well.... (But just for the record, June could have cared less whether he was a pure bred dog or not. He was still THE CUTEST dog on God's earth! June knows in having said that there's going to be a forthcoming post from another member challenging her on the fact that his was "the cutest", but one only need go to the "Friendship Thread" where the proof is in all it's photogenic black and white cuteness and glory!

Seriously: Twin, June is pretty sure she understands what you are saying, she is NOT asking that anybody surrender their standards at all! June "get's it" that both sides of this particular debate are very seriously taken by both sides. That's fine! It's what makes for a good debate and discussion! What June is saying is for everyone to please refer to the Sticky at the top of the forum! --Whether you're a pure bred cat owner or not, you're still a cat owner, and feel very strongly about your cat! All June's asking is that members debate and discuss the issue, but to do so as respectfully as humanly possible. 'Tis the Season, guys! It's okay to argue; no problem. But please, just do so with respect towards one another, and a modicum of acceptance as regards the fact that there are two different mindsets of Christians on this forum who will NEVER AGREE. June sees that every day. This subforum has a looooonngggg history of that. --But nonetheless, debates (no matter how passionately conducted) CAN be done with civility. That's all June's saying in her post....Heck, June's an atheist, but she was able to have a perfectly great dialogue with a fundamentalist believer, learned and gained a lot, and was glad she did! It's not impossible. But both parties did so with respect towards the other. That's what made it so good!

So June hopes the above helps? Maybe?

The Sticky, people, the Sticky! No one is being asked to surrender their standards as regards their own personal understanding of, or means by what they believe. Uphold and defend those standards, but just keep it within the realms of the TOS, and with the Sticky in mind.

That's all.

So please, defend away, surrender nothing, but just dial it back a bit so the thread doesn't become so contentious that either of the mods feel it must be closed down. We don't want to do that.

Truly, that's all! --And yes, June realizes that it's easier said than done when it comes to saying "agree to disagree, just discuss and debate." She truly does. But for the interests of all involved and who have invested a lot in their posts in this thread (which means your posts, too, Twin, which are good ones!) just everyone try and keep it a bit more civil before a full blown flame war breaks out.

That's all June's saying. Truly.

--That and the fact that she had the cutest dog on the face of the earth.

Trying to end on a happier, lighter note.....

Hope this helped clarify.
June, I've a question: I'm just a curious person by nature, was forced to read "Curiosity killed the Cat" a thousand times when I was a kid, LoL.
Why do you refer to Yourself in the third person, is their a special reason?

May peace and love be with you, Always.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
Why do you refer to Yourself in the third person,

Because she can!

No special reason, truly....Just a "June trademark force of habit."

Old 12-13-2013, 08:36 PM

This one has burnt out, and OP has requested that it be closed.

The mods agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.