Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 10:32 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Back at ya.

I asked you those questions yesterday, several pages ago. They remain unanswered and therefore that is obviously the post that I was referring to when I said if you answered the questions asked of you, I would answer yours.
Just a guess, but I think his ultimate answer to your eternal torment question is: "I don't know and I won't pretend to judge"...just a guess but if I'm wrong maybe it will prompt the right answer!

Old 12-12-2013, 10:33 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
I guess I should have checked before I hit the "post" button. Apparently, your motivation was what I had hoped it was not, Dave.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Just a guess, but I think his ultimate answer to your eternal torment question is: "I don't know and I won't pretend to judge"...just a guess but if I'm wrong maybe it will prompt the right answer!
That wasn't my question of him, jrhockney.

Here, I'll post it again:

So you are not reading eternal torment by God into the text as Mike does, I guess?

Then I guess my question for you is, why do you object to people asking someone like Mike, who posts on a public message board insisting that his understanding is correct, to defend such a belief?

Old 12-12-2013, 10:54 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
That wasn't my question of him, jrhockney.

Here, I'll post it again:

So you are not reading eternal torment by God into the text as Mike does, I guess?

Then I guess my question for you is, why do you object to people asking someone like Mike, who posts on a public message board insisting that his understanding is correct, to defend such a belief?
Oh...ok your on you're own for that one!

Old 12-12-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Oh...ok your on you're own for that one!
Ha ha... yes, very alone, since even Dave won't answer it.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:09 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That His love for each of us is eternal and all encompassing.
Then He was speaking to you. Sorry I missed this.

I truely aploogize.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Ha ha... yes, very alone, since even Dave won't answer it.
That's 'cause I never objected. I was the one who questioned Mike ... your very confussed. I asked DDI what God said when He went to him in prayer... and then you jumped the thread.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I actually said this... but my response was a quote from scripture.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
That's 'cause I never objected. I was the one who questioned Mike ... your very confussed. I asked DDI what God said when He went to him in prayer... and then you jumped the thread.
Okay, Dave, I went back to pick up the thread of our conversation because, yes, I am confused .... Here it is:

Quote:
Dave, Mike's premise for this thread is that people must be Christian in order to avoid being separated from God for eternity in a lake of fire. I'm pretty sure that = "torment for non-Christians for eternity". Nothing you have said indicates that you disagree with him. If you do, I apologize for assuming that you don't.

So, please clarify. When you speak of "bad news" and "consequences" what are you speaking of?
Quote:
Read this (from an earlier post of mine) and contemplate. Romans 2 is the scripture I wrap my heart around. It is written through the lens of love and of truth…. And has some bad news. These scriptures make me subject to my belief, not what I write or say, but what God sees in my heart. So with that in mind, I carefully integrate scripture into my understanding. What I believe is between me and God. I will share when asked, for all Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. Nowhere does it say … judging. It’s just not my job.

Weather I disagree with Mike is a mute point. However, I do agree with scripture, but I do not understand it all, but by faith I know it’s true. Where I lack understanding the failing is mine, but I do have “opinions” which remain private until I have conviction, then I can use 2 Timothy 3:16.

Sorry it took so long to respond... your right this thread exploded.

Quote:

Dave, I said that this last question ^^^ was what I wanted an answer to. Why didn't you just respond with what you said in your very last post to me instead of making me repeat the question? Then I could have said ... "OH, I misunderstood." My impression was that you were chastising people for questioning and/or disagreeing with Mike's understanding. Then, I thought maybe I had misunderstood your intent, but I was never sure. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it seemed the more I questioned you to clarify, the more offended you became.

I'll chalk it up to us having different styles of communication ... or something. We've definitely gotten off on a bad foot, it seems, and I'm sorry for the part I played in that.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
In light of your continued spiritual haughtiness how do you reconcile your actions withing God's instruction.

2Tomothy :14-15
14 Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless and leads to the ruin of the hearers. 15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.…

So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves.

Bless your heart

Dave ... this post (#47) is, in part, what had me confused. To whom were you addressing this, and why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity