U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-13-2013, 04:58 PM
 
103 posts, read 99,890 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

I was brought up being taught certain "truths" from the bible at church and at home. Much of what I've taken for granted as "absolutes" are being turned on their heads. At one time what I believed was right and wrong was being "challenged" which rankled me. Now, I'm being "corrected." Here's an example.
The Bible Does NOT Condemn Homosexuality Video

John and Catherine Shore: NALT Christians - YouTube

The Not All Like That Christians Project
Quote:
What is The NALT Christians Project? The Not All Like That (NALT) Christians Project is a website (The Not All Like That Christians Project) where, through their homemade YouTube videos, LGBT-affirming Christians share their belief that there is nothing anti-biblical or sinful about being gay, lesbian,
bisexual or transgender.

How does it work? You make a YouTube video saying that you are both Christian and fully affirming of LGBT-people; you upload your video onto your (free and easily obtainable) YouTube channel; via the Submit form on the NALT Christians website you inform the NALT gang that your video is
ready to go; soon thereafter your video is added to the chorus of other videos on the NALT Christians website that are helping to change the world. Videos

When asked by The Barna Group what words or phrases best describe Christianity,
the top response among Americans ages 16-29 was “antihomosexual.” For a staggering
91 percent of non-Christians, this was the first word that came to their mind when asked
about the Christian faith. The same was true for 80 percent of young churchgoers.
Host a NALT Sunday event at your church!

Have you made a NALT Christians video of your own, and now want to do more to help spread the message of LGBT equality? Then host a NALT Sunday at your church! It’s simple to do. On a chosen Sunday, have everyone in your church stand up, and with one voice declare, “We’re not all like that!” Use your cell phone or camera to film that great moment, and submit that video to the NALT Christians website using the form above. That’s all there is to it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-13-2013, 05:20 PM
 
19,943 posts, read 14,570,266 times
Reputation: 1985
Yah...it really does. But if a person is bound and determined to believe or not believe something, it's incredible the lengths they'll go to in order to convince themselves.
  1. Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
  2. Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
  3. 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
  4. Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2013, 04:03 AM
 
8,550 posts, read 7,708,505 times
Reputation: 1588
Sure the bible does condemn the sin which has a root of lust , as it is an abuse of people , and it rejects the Christian worship of virtue of Hope , and it will entertain demons which is a sin ....... All in all for Christians are concerned , they are not called to judge or condemn people who engage in lustful activities , as Christians are called to love their neighbor as them selves , so Lord Jesus is the Judge for Christians , and Christians are called to intercede in prayer for people to be converted to Christ and be cleansed of worldly Spirits through Jesus blood judgments
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2013, 11:23 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,893,168 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by PONDerings View Post
I was brought up being taught certain "truths" from the bible at church and at home. Much of what I've taken for granted as "absolutes" are being turned on their heads. At one time what I believed was right and wrong was being "challenged" which rankled me. Now, I'm being "corrected." Here's an example.
The Bible Does NOT Condemn Homosexuality Video

John and Catherine Shore: NALT Christians - YouTube

The Not All Like That Christians Project
Great video PONDering.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2013, 11:25 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,893,168 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yah...it really does. But if a person is bound and determined to believe or not believe something, it's incredible the lengths they'll go to in order to convince themselves.
  1. Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
  2. Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
  3. 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
  4. Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."
*sigh*

I'm guessing you didn't bother to watch the video? You have often mentioned using 'context' when reading the Bible, yet throw context out the window when it comes to gay and lesbian people. Why is that?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2013, 11:26 PM
 
44,804 posts, read 29,204,122 times
Reputation: 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
*sigh*
I'm guessing you didn't bother to watch the video?
Did you really have to ask,Jay?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2013, 11:37 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,893,168 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Did you really have to ask,Jay?
Not really Mystic.

But I'll never stop asking people to stop and consider what they are doing - especially when it is so harmful to others. I've seen too much harm done by prejudice, ignorance and the misuse of the Bible to 'clobber' LGBT people. It's even sadder when it's a pastor.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2013, 08:02 AM
 
19,943 posts, read 14,570,266 times
Reputation: 1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
*sigh*

I'm guessing you didn't bother to watch the video? You have often mentioned using 'context' when reading the Bible, yet throw context out the window when it comes to gay and lesbian people. Why is that?
I did, actually, and from the beginning they completely mangled the actual context. Seriously....it was bad. But again, if a person wants to believe or not believe, they will figure out a way.

Christianity calls us to deny ourselves -- not to figure out a way to convince ourselves that God is ok with our sin.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Status: "Election Day is near! Prepare for Leftist outrage!" (set 18 days ago)
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
8,695 posts, read 8,705,728 times
Reputation: 14974
I can't help but think that if this thread had the word "homosexual" or "LBGT" in its title, it would be over 20 pages long by now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2013, 10:24 AM
 
103 posts, read 99,890 times
Reputation: 39
A series of articles written by and about a former gay man and gay activist, who found God, left homosexuality and recently married.

How a ‘gay rights’ leader became straight
‘Gay’-rights leader quits homosexuality
Ex-homosexual’s marriage slammed by activists
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top