Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 02:35 PM

10 posts, read 12,925 times

Advertisements

Dreams they say are the seeds of reality, but there are so many people whose living reality is quite different from their desired God given dream.

There is an observation that in every 10 persons, there could only be one or at most two persons who could comfortably say they are living their dream. That means over 80% are just not living there dreams yet. Is there an epidemic of unfulfilled dream?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 04:01 PM

32,926 posts, read 26,155,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassemma View Post
Dreams they say are the seeds of reality, but there are so many people whose living reality is quite different from their desired God given dream.

There is an observation that in every 10 persons, there could only be one or at most two persons who could comfortably say they are living their dream. That means over 80% are just not living there dreams yet. Is there an epidemic of unfulfilled dream?
Why do you assume that a person's dream is necessarily God given? What some particular person desires for himself may not be God's will, plan and purpose for that person. God blesses people in different ways, and may lead a person in a direction which is guite different from that in which a person may have wanted, or thought he wanted to go. On the one hand, when a believer in Jesus Christ seeks God's guidance in his life and pursues spiritual growth, God will lead him in the way He wants that person to go. If our desires are in accordance with God's will for our life, then those desires will be obtained.

On the other hand, if our desires or dreams are contrary to God's will, and if they are stubbornly pursued and obtained by our own effort, apart from God's will for us, they are not worth having.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:19 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,755,013 times
Quote:

Please clarify what you mean by "their desired God given dream." --- Are you speaking of one's personal desire for worldly wealth, possessions or fame; ... OR are you speaking of the knowledge of God and the desire for the things of God (sometimes referred to as a 'God-shaped vacuum') born in the heart of every person? - If the former, then Mike555 has that pretty well covered. If the latter, then I would submit that the 'abundant life' is available to all 'born again' believers in Christ.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM

103 posts, read 118,300 times
Quote:
Bruce Wilkinson interviewing Rick Warren:
Bruce: “Everybody has a dream inside of their heart
Rick: “Oh absolutely – I think – because we’re created in God’s image, God made us to be dreamers – God is a dreamer and we’re most like him when we’re creative.”
Bruce Wilkinson interviewing Rick Warren on You Tube

"You go through the faith-phases of Dream, Decision, Delay, Difficulty, and Dead End . . . and then comes Deliverance."
The Six Phases of Faith by Rick Warren
7/10/2009

"The first thing God does to build your faith is give you a dream. When God wants to work in your life, He’ll always gives you a dream—about yourself, about what He wants you to do, about how He’s going to use your life to impact the world."-Rick Warren
How God Builds Your Faith: Dream By Rick Warren 7/10/2009

"Every person, every ministry, and every church needs a dream. If you’re not dreaming, you’re dying. I don’t believe there’s any such thing as a great person. I believe there are only ordinary people committed to great dreams. When an ordinary person is committed to a great dream, it makes that person a great person. If you want to be healthy, you’ve got to have a dream to live for. ""-Rick Warren,
How to Dream Bigger, by Rick Warren, Christian Post Jan. 31 2007
DREAM IT! BELIEVE IT! ACHIEVE IT!

Old 12-16-2013, 04:44 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,084,365 times
I agree, without dreams and visions we are dying, perishing, just going through the motions or whatever you want to call it.
Man shall not live by bread alone but by every dream and desire that God's spoken in to their life .

Yea I know this is not in the bible, but if you had eyes to see, you would see it is.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:46 PM

Bruce Wilkinson interviewing Rick Warren:
Bruce: “Everybody has a dream inside of their heart
Rick: “Oh absolutely – I think – because we’re created in God’s image, God made us to be dreamers – God is a dreamer and we’re most like him when we’re creative.”
Bruce Wilkinson interviewing Rick Warren on You Tube

"You go through the faith-phases of Dream, Decision, Delay, Difficulty, and Dead End . . . and then comes Deliverance."
The Six Phases of Faith by Rick Warren
7/10/2009

I think the interview captures everything bordering on dreams and fighting to make them a reality! Even if a dream is from God, we still have to fight for it with His Guidance. God's dream in a man's heart is faith in pictures and faith without works (meaningful action) is dead! almost Everyone has a dream yearning for expression. God made us to be able to conceive dreams in our heart, but birthing it is another matter altogether.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:44 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,444,468 times
My dream was to be a pro baseball player. Too late now. So what do I do now? Keep chasing it? It will never happen. Doing what you desire is your dream. I desire to have coffee at this moment. See you later.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:37 AM

7,708 posts, read 12,554,847 times
Quote:

Yes. Alot of these people are sitting in church pews! Too many people are sitting in church or at home hiding their God-given gifts and talents from the world and working jobs they don't love because of fear, lack of resources, and lack of faith. Satan has got many people right where he wants them. God gave humanity gifts for a reason. You're supposed to go out and get trained in them and use them out in the world. Your gift is your testimony to the world for God. When they see you use it, they're going to know God created that gift in you. And they're going to want to know him. Alot of Americans have lost faith in ever living their dream because they've been downtrodden by the economy and/or have been speaking negative things into their lives from childhood. If you say things like "I'm never going to accomplish my dream" or "Life is so hard, it's never going to get better", then that's exactly what's going to happen. The power of life and death is in the tongue. You have to believe and declare life over your dreams and goals.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:29 AM

allenk893, you are very correct and I completely agree with your comment. We can't do exploits as Christians if we don't have a God given dream driving our lives. And to further add, our gifting, talents, potential and abilities are God's voice telling us what we are equipped for before our journey to planet earth and ignoring them may make living our desired life a struggle.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:23 PM

I think what most people don't get or understand is the rigorous processes we must have to go through while attempting to bring our God giving dream to practical reality. I have experienced this practically! The average man does not know or understand the fact that anything worthwhile must first come across resistance or opposition that must be confronted with determination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity