Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 11:51 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,642,078 times

Advertisements

Regarding the following link, which is being discussed on another thread:
40 Questions for Christians Now Waving Rainbow Flags | TGC

This being the Christianity Forum, I agree that it may be better to have each of the 40 questions as a separate thread, in order to facilitate a better discussion.

However, my understanding regarding the original concern in that link is that there have been progressive Christian gatherings sprouting up around the nation, which raises the other 40 questions. Thus, this thread.

The word, progressive, has been attached to the word Christianity. If a gathering claims to be Christian, progressive or otherwise, that alone does not necessarily make it a Christian gathering or church. The test needs to be: "You shall know them by their fruits", which is within Matthew: 15-20.

Is that gathering actually teaching that Jesus is God? Is salvation being taught? Is not only Jesus' love being taught, but also His (God's) teaching on judgement?

Are people being taught that the Bible is the absolute inerrant Scripture of God? Are they being taught that whenever man makes any changes to God's Word, it is then no longer God's Word, but a watered-down and worldly version, suitable for nothing more than men's thoughts and philosophies?

People will believe (or not believe) whatever they want to about God, Jesus and the Bible. Lucifer absolutely believes in God, but he and one-third of his followers were thrown out and away from God's presence because of their rebellion against God -- not because of their unbelief.

People today will continue to rebel against Jesus, God, and the Bible -- but He already said it would be this way. There is nothing new under the sun. Their rebellion will continue to separate them from God, regardless of what any progressive (or non-progressive) gathering is telling them.

Again, the key to God's presence is belief in what Jesus has taught and acceptance of Jesus as Savior from sin. Jesus did sit with sinners, but not because He agreed with their sin. It was to have them follow Him and His teachings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 12:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,476,059 times
Humanity is moving beyond the realm of religion, it's called growth.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:07 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,335,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Regarding the following link, which is being discussed on another thread:
40 Questions for Christians Now Waving Rainbow Flags | TGC

This being the Christianity Forum, I agree that it may be better to have each of the 40 questions as a separate thread, in order to facilitate a better discussion.

However, my understanding regarding the original concern in that link is that there have been progressive Christian gatherings sprouting up around the nation, which raises the other 40 questions. Thus, this thread.

The word, progressive, has been attached to the word Christianity. If a gathering claims to be Christian, progressive or otherwise, that alone does not necessarily make it a Christian gathering or church. The test needs to be: "You shall know them by their fruits", which is within Matthew: 15-20.

Is that gathering actually teaching that Jesus is God? Is salvation being taught? Is not only Jesus' love being taught, but also His (God's) teaching on judgement?

Are people being taught that the Bible is the absolute inerrant Scripture of God? Are they being taught that whenever man makes any changes to God's Word, it is then no longer God's Word, but a watered-down and worldly version, suitable for nothing more than men's thoughts and philosophies?

People will believe (or not believe) whatever they want to about God, Jesus and the Bible. Lucifer absolutely believes in God, but he and one-third of his followers were thrown out and away from God's presence because of their rebellion against God -- not because of their unbelief.

People today will continue to rebel against Jesus, God, and the Bible -- but He already said it would be this way. There is nothing new under the sun. Their rebellion will continue to separate them from God, regardless of what any progressive (or non-progressive) gathering is telling them.

Again, the key to God's presence is belief in what Jesus has taught and acceptance of Jesus as Savior from sin. Jesus did sit with sinners, but not because He agreed with their sin. It was to have them follow Him and His teachings.
Are people being taught that the Bible is the absolute inerrant Scripture of God?

We are LEARNING that it is NOT inerrant.

Are they being taught that whenever man makes any changes to God's Word, it is then no longer God's Word, but a watered-down and worldly version, suitable for nothing more than men's thoughts and philosophies?

As we have learned in Regards to the last chapter of mark and many other places ,man has added or edited the scriptures.

Is not only Jesus' love being taught, but also His (God's) teaching on judgement?

Where one has LOVE, there is NO judgement

Lucifer absolutely believes in God, but he and one-third of his followers were thrown out and away from God's presence because of their rebellion against God

satan is a man made persona designed to frighten the masses and force compliance to the man-made religion

People today will continue to rebel against Jesus, God, and the Bible -- but He already said it would be this way.

What better way to rebel than a passive-aggressive behavior and be like a Pharisee while denying to be a Pharisee

Again, the key to God's presence is belief in what Jesus has taught and acceptance of Jesus as Savior from sin.

The key is following the TWO GREATEST (and only) commandments to LOVE GOD and LOVE your neighbor.

GOD has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:08 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,980,785 times
Me, I just shake my head. I don't know how else to reach this mindset. Good luck

Old 07-03-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Me, I just shake my head. I don't know how else to reach this mindset. Good luck
I am not sure which is more disappointing--Continuing with the truth or allowing them to continue with the self-deception?

I fear pushing on, but I have even greater fears of what may be if I do withdraw and say nothing..

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 10-15-2017 at 09:53 AM..

Old 07-03-2015, 03:37 PM

64,098 posts, read 40,395,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Are people being taught that the Bible is the absolute inerrant Scripture of God?
We are LEARNING that it is NOT inerrant.
Are they being taught that whenever man makes any changes to God's Word, it is then no longer God's Word, but a watered-down and worldly version, suitable for nothing more than men's thoughts and philosophies?
As we have learned in Regards to the last chapter of mark and many other places ,man has added or edited the scriptures.
Is not only Jesus' love being taught, but also His (God's) teaching on judgement?
Where one has LOVE, there is NO judgement
Lucifer absolutely believes in God, but he and one-third of his followers were thrown out and away from God's presence because of their rebellion against God
satan is a man made persona designed to frighten the masses and force compliance to the man-made religion
People today will continue to rebel against Jesus, God, and the Bible -- but He already said it would be this way.
What better way to rebel than a passive-aggressive behavior and be like a Pharisee while denying to be a Pharisee
Again, the key to God's presence is belief in what Jesus has taught and acceptance of Jesus as Savior from sin.
The key is following the TWO GREATEST (and only) commandments to LOVE GOD and LOVE your neighbor.
GOD has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Amen, zthatzmanz! Rep IOU.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I am not sure which is more disappointing--Continuing with the truth or allowing them to continue with the self-deception?

I fear pushing on, but I have even greater fears of what may be if I do withdraw and say nothing..
My hat is off to you. I totally agree, but there are just time you know? Please keep up the good work and I will put my shoulder to the wheel when I can.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
My hat is off to you. I totally agree, but there are just time you know? Please keep up the good work and I will put my shoulder to the wheel when I can.
Oh yes,I do know. I face it everyday at work with a fundie that shares my office--the one who trying to stop the mass killings at the schools is really worthless since all those children murdered at school would have died one day anyway...

But if I do not confront error, whether it be in the church or in the community, I want to know I did what I could to make this a better world--and lies and misinformation just adds to the chaos..

Old 07-03-2015, 05:25 PM

That's what we call agape, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity