Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 06:12 PM

10 posts, read 12,949 times

Advertisements

I think most of us are missing it. Some will tell you, I am leaving that church because no one seems to notice my efforts or the Pastor doesn’t care or give me opportunity. Fact is that some of these reasons maybe true, but we should always remember that any church where God has placed us is for a definite purpose.

We work for God and He alone rewards us accordingly. So I think we should not be quick to jump from one church to another if we have not cleared with God, because He will ask us to account for our services where He has put us. Our rewards are from the works we do for Him faithfully wherever He places us. Enough of church switching, rather lets be more service conscious towards the Lord.

There is a story about a man who is a perfectionist; he goes around looking for a perfect church where there are no challenges, no mistakes and no troubles to address. He sets off on a mission, looking for the perfect church but could not find any. Every church he saw had one challenge or the other, one problem or the other. So he kept moving from church to church in search of that perfect church.

One day in his dream he saw the perfect church and rushed in to become a member, but was shocked when he was rejected. He asked why the church will not accept him as a member. He was told the church was just for perfect people and he was not perfect. He was told to go work on himself to be perfect before becoming a member.

No one is perfect and no church on earth is perfect yet. This is why we keep learning from the word of God daily to mature and grow into the full nature of Christ. We only have to over look the temporary imperfections of one and other and keep fellowshipping together if we must be blessed. The only advice is to seek to improve and make things better wherever God places you, rather than moving away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 07:46 PM

103 posts, read 118,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassemma View Post
No one is perfect and no church on earth is perfect yet. This is why we keep learning from the word of God daily to mature and grow into the full nature of Christ. We only have to over look the temporary imperfections of one and other and keep fellowshipping together if we must be blessed. The only advice is to seek to improve and make things better wherever God places you, rather than moving away.
Are there any scenarios, circumstances or situations that would warrant leaving a church?

Old 12-19-2013, 08:14 PM

Yeah Ponderings, it will surprise you that people just move out of a church they have been members for long, may be because, someone does not take notice of their effort, said something about them, didn't get a position and so many other mundane things that are not the focus of worship and service in God's house.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:14 AM

I don't really understand why people think the church is a perfect place? Not yet!

Old 12-20-2013, 03:23 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Actually the perfect church is the Temple of the Holy Spirit , which abides on the true believe of Christ , as God gives His perfect grace for all who will come and believe ..................... But the churches of Christ through out the world which Jesus has a candle stick Holy Angels is the closest thing people will get to the perfect , as Jesus may have a lead in the spirit over most who listen ................. But you will always get the bones put in to the Gospel as Jesus is always developing people who could be leading His Churches , and the work of developing the church is endless ................. And all leader of Christ churches are never perfect , and even Jesus Christ had poor teaching in His Gospel in relation to Holy Spirit , but this poor teaching may only be 5% of the time according to the literal Gospel ... Then today most leader of church are only around 85% correct in their wisdom of the gospel . and some leader may be only 10 % correct , which is the fallen churches has developed ................. If you have a problem finding a Church , then the best thing to do is pray and Jesus is good at finding Churches of people in their second church , as the first church can usually just getting people saved and looking for something else

Old 12-21-2013, 09:19 AM

18 posts, read 16,898 times
Default The "church" is the Body of Christ

and there is no "perfect" church, because there are no perfect christians. Only through Christ, our mediator, do we appear before God, sinless. Only by the blood of Jesus.

I have struggled with church-attendance in the past because I "expected" people there to be perfect. I learned over time, I kept reading the bible. I also was going to church to "get". I wanted fellowship, I wanted to feel good, I wanted things to do, I wanted to meet a christian man, I wanted to be recognized as I real christian (because I showed up in church every Sunday).

The best thing I ever did regarding the church, building (a church building) was stop going for a time. I realized all I had learned in church was "about" God. I learned from others, including pastors, friends, bible-studies. But I came to the realization that I did not "know" God. That was when I started reading His Word from front to back. I now know Him more every day. I do want to fellowship again, but I needed to get my relationship right with him and stop depending on people for it.

God bless, and Merry Christmas all!!

Old 12-21-2013, 09:24 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
One should gain guidance and support from their church, in one's consecration to Christ. If there are Irreconcilable issues within the church that hinder one's relationship with the divine, then one should see fellowship elsewhere. However, no church will be "perfect", but some will certainly be better suited to some then others.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:55 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,992 times
Muir Woods, California - no spouting preachers or rules - just a true nearness to God.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:23 PM

What we should clarify is who the church actually is? The building or the redeemed believer? The blood bought believer is the church of Christ. And so when we congregate we are the church as one body. As long as we the individuals are not perfect, then the congregation cannot be expected to be perfect. We only learn to love, tolerate and accept each other as Christ does to us. That is the reason for the need of continuous growth in Christ. We will only be made perfect when Christ returns.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:40 PM

18 posts, read 16,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassemma View Post
What we should clarify is who the church actually is? The building or the redeemed believer? The blood bought believer is the church of Christ. And so when we congregate we are the church as one body. As long as we the individuals are not perfect, then the congregation cannot be expected to be perfect. We only learn to love, tolerate and accept each other as Christ does to us. That is the reason for the need of continuous growth in Christ. We will only be made perfect when Christ returns.
This is how I see it as well, thank you for posting this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity