Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 01:57 AM

951 posts, read 1,052,914 times

Advertisements

Since I learned the truth about Christmas years ago having grown up practicing this strange custom, when I am now confronted with a society that is blind to the Truth and is asleep to the real facts about Christmas; and when someone wishes one a merry Christmas, you simply do not have the time to preach for about 50 hours of time needed to transmit all the understanding and all the Truth on how this strange custom was thrust on Christianity and whose roots come from paganism: here are a few quick facts.

- You will not find one word mentioning Christmas in the Bible.
- Christ was not born near the winter solstice but most likely near the Feast of Trumpets (Lev 23).
- We are commanded in the Bible to commemorate Christ's death (the Passover) and not His birth.
- Pagans observed birthdays but were not observed by men and women of God in the Bible.
- The winter solstice celebrations are the true origin of the Christmas season in the winter.
- Christmas trees, yule logs, kissing under the mistletoe, etc are all pagan items/customs.
- The political-religious system that started Christianity keeping Christmas blended things of paganism with Christian symbols giving each faction (pagan and Christian) in the Roman Empire a little of their own flavor in this deadly (spiritually) mixture called Christmas.
- Christ and the original apostles never kept this strange custom.
- God's true Church does not keep these worldly holidays but rather the Holy Sabbaths weekly and annual that are all listed in where you would expect, the Holy Bible.
- God's true Holy Sabbaths focus on God and Christ and picture God's True Plan of Salvation for all mankind.
- Christmas, New Year's, Easter, etc are the dreaded Mark of the Beast that will be enforced by soon rising Beast Power that will plunge this entire world into period of almost total destruction unless Christ would intervene which He will and come back and destroy this wicked system and rule the Earth for 1,000 years and then beyond.
- probably many more items could be added, so I will let others add their facts concerning why a true Christian should not be keeping Christmas if they desire...

I have just warned my fellow human beings of a mistake they are making and probably didn't realize this pagan celebration was not Biblical... No hard feelings... Please understand...

Thank you,

tthttf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 04:01 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
You are more concerned about the world and what others are thinking and doing and thinking about saving the world on your own with out and thought to the real Jesus Christ and His coming in the world which was before He came No salvation for the vast majority ...... Well never mind what the world is thinking and doing and it is always going and moving away from Lord Jesus and His purpose .... See in salvation of people are called to reject the world and its evil and turn around to follow Jesus and His plan for people ...... Christmas is a celebration of the birth of the Messiah who has come to the earth , and will bring redemption for souls to be In unity with the Living God through Jesus Christ and Christians celebrate the birthday of God in the earth who now has the authority to save anyone who will come and be saved ......... Never mind what the world does and its undermining of the celebration of Christ in the earth and December 25 is just a metaphor date which was a custom and there is nothing wrong with this time as one week later is called 2014 the year of the Lord .......... You should go and celebration the Saviour Lord Jesus and His coming in the earth for yourself and NEVER MIND WHAT THE WORLD IS DOING OR SAYING AGAINST GOD AND HIS BIRTH IN THE EARTH !

Old 12-22-2013, 05:21 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Have you never read.
Col 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.Col 2:17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Passover, Good Friday, Easter, Pentecost, Ascension, or Christmas are celebrations by Christians of particular events in which God accomplished great things for the salvation of all people. Who cares why this day originally celebrated pagans well over a thousand years ago. These celebrations are neither commanded nor forbidden. Why then should Christians not celebrate the birth of their Savior? Why would Christians pass up this opportunity to again proclaim to the world the salvation that God has accomplished through Jesus, so that too might be saved. Jesus birth and His works are combined the greatest event of all human history, that God has come to save his people. What's wrong with celebrating that?

Old 12-22-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Have you never read.
Col 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.Col 2:17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
I don't read these two verses like you read them because the translators have distorted them.

The word "is" in verse 17 was inserted by the translators which obscures the true meaning of the two verses in KJV:

Colossians 2
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The once-pagan Colossians never kept God's Holy Days or weekly Sabbath days before so their peers were judging them for keeping holy the Days that God commanded were holy and Paul is admonishing them to not let their peers judge them but rather let the Body of Christ judge them in these matters. Remove the word "is", which shouldn't be there to start with, and the two verses will make sense.

A better translation would be:
"Let no man therefore judge you in {a list of things} but [rather let] the body of Christ [determine it].

Christ never broke the Commandments of God and He lived a sinless life and Jesus Christ is the Head of the Body of Christ. You are to keep God's Sabbaths (the animal sacrifices are no longer needed since Christ's shed blood did away with the need of animal sacrifices). However the Holy Days are still to be kept and you are no where in the Bible given the option to substitute pagan celebrations in place of them and put Christ's name on them as has been done by modern Christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Passover, Good Friday, Easter, Pentecost, Ascension, or Christmas are celebrations by Christians of particular events in which God accomplished great things for the salvation of all people. Who cares why this day originally celebrated pagans well over a thousand years ago. These celebrations are neither commanded nor forbidden. Why then should Christians not celebrate the birth of their Savior? Why would Christians pass up this opportunity to again proclaim to the world the salvation that God has accomplished through Jesus, so that too might be saved. Jesus birth and His works are combined the greatest event of all human history, that God has come to save his people. What's wrong with celebrating that?
No.

Leviticus 23 contains the list of holy days and special days that a true Christian is to observe. God wouldn't turn you over to wolves and give you inadequate documentation on what days you are to observe and let pagans guide your spiritual life. The Bible from Genesis to Revelation has all the instructions you need as a Christian. You do not need to listen to any man or read any writings of men, you have every instruction you need right here in the written Word of God. Don't let others deceive you.

And you will find no Christmas celebration of the birth of Christ mentioned in the sacred Word of God and many other like observances the world erroneously keeps and calls Christian.

Here's a true list of Christian annual HOLY DAYS AND SPECIAL days of observance besides the weekly Seventh-Day Sabbath:

PASSOVER
DAYS OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
PENTECOST
FEAST OF TRUMPETS
DAY OF ATONEMENT
FEAST OF TABERNACLES
LAST GREAT DAY

I hope my words are enlightening to human minds which have been closed to the Truth of God by centuries of pagan observances and reasonings of men.

Sincerely,

tthttf

Old 12-22-2013, 07:34 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
I really don't care to celebrate anything. But if someone gets me a gift I take it. I also give my wife money and ask her to buy the neighbor kids a gift. My bday comes and goes. If I get a surprise cake, I blow the candles. It is not for any religious reason I don't care to celebrate. I am just a pretty boring individual. So I don't celebrate the other holy days or feast days either. I don't even know when they are.
I think those holy days were for Jews. Not for Gentiles. If I'm not allowed in the new heaven because of this, at least I will be on the new earth. I like that. Oh yea, and I get to judge angels. Not too bad.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:36 AM

103 posts, read 118,823 times
If you are convicted by God not to celebrate Christmas, then it would be wrong for me to suggest you do otherwise. And vice versa.

When you write,
Quote:
I have just warned my fellow human beings of a mistake they are making and probably didn't realize this pagan celebration was not Biblical... No hard feelings... Please understand...
then turn around and write,
Quote:
Christmas, New Year's, Easter, etc are the dreaded Mark of the Beast... a true Christian should not be keeping Christmas
I immediately tuned you out.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:46 AM

I am not forcing anyone to keep anything. I am trying to warn them and maybe they will reject the Mark of the Beast or at least plant a seed so that one day under the right conditions they will see through the false Christianity that is now ruling over unsuspecting people who are thinking it is the genuine Truth.

I am just a tiny voice in the minority standing up to a huge majority deceived by Satan through the false religions of this world. A true Christian is commanded to come out of this present evil world and not be part of it. How many are preaching and doing that today?

tthttf

Old 12-22-2013, 10:16 AM

399 posts, read 685,539 times
I think you have good intentions here. My only question is, does it state in the bible that it is a sin to celebrate the birth of Jesus? You've stated it commands you to celebrate his death, but where does it say celebrating his birth is condemned? God himself is omnipotient and only he can judge our hearts. We may not have it on the exact same day of the Savior's actual birth, but our intentions are good.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:23 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Thanks for the warning, but most of your fellow human beings are likely just as informed on the subject as you are. No hard feelings, please understand, but millions of us are commemorating the birth of our Savior and don't appreciate being told by some do-gooder that the beautiful carols we sing, the nativity sets depicting the coming of the Son of God to earth, and the scriptural account of His birth have anything whatsoever to do with "the beast." So don't celebrate Christmas if you don't want to, but for crying out loud, leave the rest of us alone.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:29 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
- We are commanded in the Bible to commemorate Christ's death (the Passover) and not His birth.
Where, by the way, in the Bible are we commanded not to commemorate Christ's birth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity