Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 02:00 PM

103 posts, read 118,885 times

Advertisements

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (1/2) - No salvation outside the Church - YouTube

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (2/2) - No salvation outside the Church - YouTube
EXTRA ECCLESIAM NULLA SALUS-No Salvation Outside the Church
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 02:38 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Ha, ha: This is the work of a crazoid religious person (even if he happens to be Catholic). He is quoting the Dark Ages and beyond:

Quote:
Pope Eugene IV (Latin: Eugenius IV; 1383 – 25 February 1447

Pope Pelagius II (520 – 7 February 590)

Pope Innocent III (Latin: Innocentius III; 1160 or 1161 – 16 July 1216)

Pope Gregory I (Latin: Gregorius I; c. 540 – 12 March 604)

Cyprian (Latin: Thascius Caecilius Cyprianus) (c. 200 – September 14, 258)

Pope Leo XII (22 August 1760 – 10 February 1829)

Pope Pius IX (Latin: Pius IX; 13 May 1792 – 7 February 1878)

Aurelius Ambrosius, better known in English as Saint Ambrose (c. 340 – 4 April 397)

Pope Boniface VIII (Latin: Bonifatius VIII; c. 1235 – 11 October 1303)

What is really important is what the RCC says today. Quoting people that lived hundreds of years ago is futile and meaningless.

It would be like me saying the Earth is flat by quoting ancient writings. Or saying that the earth is the center of the universe by quoting the Ptolemaic system.

I could even quote Newton who was the smartest man that ever lived to discredit Einstein theory of General Relativity . But, that would be dishonest and designed to fool the innocent.

Aquinas and Augustine were very smart Catholic philosophers , but the lived in another era.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:56 PM

668 posts, read 690,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Ha, ha: This is the work of a crazoid religious person (even if he happens to be Catholic). He is quoting the Dark Ages and beyond:

What is really important is what the RCC says today. Quoting people that lived hundreds of years ago is futile and meaningless.

It would be like me saying the Earth is flat by quoting ancient writings. Or saying that the earth is the center of the universe by quoting the Ptolemaic system.

I could even quote Newton who was the smartest man that ever lived to discredit Einstein theory of General Relativity . But, that would be dishonest and designed to fool the innocent.

Aquinas and Augustine were very smart Catholic philosophers , but the lived in another era.
So the Catholic churches admits that it is not needed to achieve salvation?

Old 12-23-2013, 03:47 PM

Jan 06 - Homily: Epiphany and No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church - YouTube

Old 12-23-2013, 03:49 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Only Catholic are saved is not the official doctrine of the church , just people who reject Jesus in other Churches ..This is not a Catholic only ideas as other people in different Churches believe this idea for their churches , probably come from the words of deceptive spirits of this world , as these spirits come to divide the People of Christ

Old 12-23-2013, 03:55 PM

No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church. The 'Deeper-Understanding' addressed by the Popes. - YouTube

Old 12-23-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
So the Catholic churches admits that it is not needed to achieve salvation?
The RCC clearly states salvation comes through Jesus. However, hundreds or thousands of years ago they might have said one needed to be Catholic to be saved. But, there were no other significant Christians in that era. Fundamentalism as we know is quite new, no more than a 100 years.

Fundamentalists are saved as long as they accept Jesus, They are considered catholics with small "c" even if they are not in full communion with the RCC.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:06 PM

This priest is a Catholic Fundie and they can be as militant as Protestant fundies.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:16 PM

668 posts, read 690,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The RCC clearly states salvation comes through Jesus. However, hundreds or thousands of years ago they might have said one needed to be Catholic to be saved. But, there were no other significant Christians in that era. Fundamentalism as we know is quite new, no more than a 100 years.

Fundamentalists are saved as long as they accept Jesus, They are considered catholics with small "c" even if they are not in full communion with the RCC.
Well I am glad the Catholics realize they are not the path to salvation. Only Jesus is.

And I don't want anyone to consider me anything catholic or Catholic. I am a Christian only.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
Well I am glad the Catholics realize they are not the path to salvation. Only Jesus is.

And I don't want anyone to consider me anything catholic or Catholic. I am a Christian only.
If you are a Christian then you belong to the Catholic Church. It is out of your hands because you have accepted Jesus and the CC is the Church Jesus founded. Wherever there is Jesus there is the Catholic Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity