Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 04:03 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,558,312 times

Advertisements

IP#247 Devin Rose - The Protestant's Dilemma on Inside the Pages « Discerning Hearts Discerning Hearts

This is a book written by a former Protestant on why the Catholic Church is right. You can listen to the interview here plus I think the author will be on Catholic Answer radio. You can hear it if you get it in your area or go to EWTN Global Catholic Television Network: Catholic TV, Catholic Radio, and Catholic News and then to the radio and to listen live.

http://www.ewtn.com/live/ewtnplayer/...d=radioenglish

You can listen to it right now if you click on that link right above this sentence. It will be repeated tonight if you miss it now.

They are interviewing a woman who wrote a book on the "New Age Deception" first but I think they will interview Devin Rose after she is done.

Last edited by janelle144; 03-31-2014 at 04:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 04:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,442,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This is a book written by a former Protestant on why the Catholic Church is right.
And many Catholic's have converted to Protestantism.
Not that I am either, just making a point:

"that they cannot both be right, however, they can be wrong?"

Old 03-31-2014, 04:58 PM

You can listen to Devin Rose who is coming up now on Catholic Answers if you want to listen. Of course, Catholics have fallen away through poor teachings and it would help them if they read the book or listen to Devin Rose on Catholic Answers.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,243,148 times
Quote:
IP#247 Devin Rose - The Protestant's Dilemma on Inside the Pages « Discerning Hearts Discerning Hearts

This is a book written by a former Protestant on why the Catholic Church is right. You can listen to the interview here plus I think the author will be on Catholic Answer radio. You can hear it if you get it in your area or go to EWTN Global Catholic Television Network: Catholic TV, Catholic Radio, and Catholic News and then to the radio and to listen live.

You can listen to it right now if you click on that link right above this sentence. It will be repeated tonight if you miss it now.

They are interviewing a woman who wrote a book on the "New Age Deception" first but I think they will interview Devin Rose after she is done.
Tell ya what: send me a copy and I'll read it. Or at least part of it.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:06 PM

The book is on sale now so you can get it cheaper if you want it.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:50 PM

Default Here is Devon Rose to tell you himself what he thinks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5NHnv7lJvg

He is on the Journey Home.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:00 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,442,740 times
The Protestant and Catholic dilemma:

"If A, then B; if C then D. Either A or C. Therefore, either B or D."

A fundamental principle of confusion.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:47 AM

555 posts, read 458,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And many Catholic's have converted to Protestantism.
Not that I am either, just making a point:

"that they cannot both be right, however, they can be wrong?"
True. However, the general pattern seems to be that former Catholics fall into two main categories:

1. those who have moral issues that Catholicism is tough on (divorce, contraception, homosexuality, etc.)
2. those who did not know Jesus, the scriptures and the doctrine before they left.

The latter point is bolstered by the fact that there are many reverts who leave, come to know the Lord and the Bible, but then start to think about some of the gaps and problems in non-Catholic theology.

Happens all the time. My best friend is one of those.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:19 AM

1,030 posts, read 843,318 times
Quote:

Why would some (I am not Protestant) who have no dilemma want to buy a book that claims they have a dilemma and tells them that it is their man-made religion that is the answer to this dilemma they did not have in the first place?

Kind of like the insurance salesman trying to convince you that you have this grave thing that is going to happen that you never considered before, attempts to get you concerned about it so he can sell you a solution to the problem which is his insurance policy.

The sociology of this is sound though. It is a well refined method of marketing as long as you are not trying to use it on someone who is educated on the subject at hand and has already determined there is no need for them to be alarmed.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:23 AM

555 posts, read 458,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Why would some (I am not Protestant) who have no dilemma want to buy a book that claims they have a dilemma and tells them that it is their man-made religion that is the answer to this dilemma they did not have in the first place?
Because they might not agree with you that Christianity in general or Catholicism in particular are man-made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity