U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Status: "Resoluting." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
29,649 posts, read 15,617,778 times
Reputation: 13434

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Good heavens. Is this the NAMI thing? Hasn't that been pretty much shown up to be a fraud?
Uh-huh. But True Believers aren't going to let a little thing like that get in the way.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Leeds, England
591 posts, read 767,726 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Science has classified one million different species of animals. With seven of every clean and two of every other kind, it would seem we need space for at least 2,500,000 animals on the ark. …. BUT, the ark was no ‘toy boat!’ It was a gigantic barge with a volume of 1,396,000 cubic feet (assuming one cubit equals 17.5 inches).

The ark had a carrying capacity equal to that of 522 standard stock cars. (1) Regarding the multitude of animals: most of the list of a million are worms, insects, one-cell animals and sea creatures who would have no need to be on the ark. In fact, "there was need for no more than 35,000 individual vertebrate animals on the ark." (2) Chipmunk to elephant, let us assume the average size of an animal on the ark to be a sheep. Currently the railroad can fit 120 sheep on a stock car. Doing some fast figuring, the ark needed only to carry 292 stock cars worth of animals. Plenty of room for Noah, his family and extra hay.

Today God provides room for all men to find salvation at the cross. There is plenty of spare room for those who ‘could’ but, sadly, will not, make it. Are you doing your part to help fill the 'Christ Ark?'
1) Natural selection - (The animals would eat each other)
2) The 2.4million species would need to live close to Noah, this didn't happen.
3) Christ-Ark? If there is a flood, ill get on something more reliable than a wooden ship, with a load of Animals who all apparently are vegetarians and all don't shag each other.
4) the Ark wasn't that big, there are no mentions of its size relating close to that amount in the Bible.
5) Yea, Science has identified 1 million species, there are others we are yet to identify!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-12-2014, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Leeds, England
591 posts, read 767,726 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
' James the brother of Jesus '- Jewish Antiquities XX, 200 ( ix, 1 )

Josephus wrote that during the interval between the death of Governor Festus, about 62 CE, the arrival of his successor Albinus the high priest Ananus ( Ananias ), convened the judges of the Sanhedrin and brought before them a man named James the brother of Jesus.
Clearly he didn't, and you don't read! Look at the picture I posted, read the link i posted and stop insulting my intelligence by completely ignoring the points and just replying with something that has been answered!!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-12-2014, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Leeds, England
591 posts, read 767,726 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If Jesus Christ never existed then you must conclude none of these philosophers ever existed as well:

List of ancient Greek philosophers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Their books were just made up if you are correct.
You've simply given me a list of Philosophers! Please provide clear evidence that they believed in God!

There is evidence for their existence, their own writings and the evidence from other sources confirm they lived!

There is no sources other than the Bible! (Now, this is fact, otherwise it would be far less conclusive there isn't a God!) for the evidence(I don't think you can call it that, otherwise Spider-man is real) of a God.

Which of the 3000 Gods is yours, and why is yours right? You've a 1 in 3000 chance, ill take the risk!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-14-2014, 07:51 AM
 
17,966 posts, read 13,819,840 times
Reputation: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
You've simply given me a list of Philosophers! Please provide clear evidence that they believed in God!

There is evidence for their existence, their own writings and the evidence from other sources confirm they lived!

There is no sources other than the Bible! (Now, this is fact, otherwise it would be far less conclusive there isn't a God!) for the evidence(I don't think you can call it that, otherwise Spider-man is real) of a God.

Which of the 3000 Gods is yours, and why is yours right? You've a 1 in 3000 chance, ill take the risk!
You said Jesus never existed. Yet you say those ancient Philosophers existed.
That's a bunch of balogna that the only sources we have is the Bible.
The very earliest church fathers who were friends with some of the disciples wrote also about Christ.


This isn't about "is there a God" but you said Jesus never existed. That is what this is about between you and me. It is not about whether those philosophers believed in God but rather if they existed at all.

If Jesus never existed then neither did they. All their writings were just made up if what you are saying about Jesus is so.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-14-2014, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Florida -
9,789 posts, read 12,288,549 times
Reputation: 20223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
1) Natural selection - (The animals would eat each other)
2) The 2.4million species would need to live close to Noah, this didn't happen.
3) Christ-Ark? If there is a flood, ill get on something more reliable than a wooden ship, with a load of Animals who all apparently are vegetarians and all don't shag each other.
4) the Ark wasn't that big, there are no mentions of its size relating close to that amount in the Bible.
5) Yea, Science has identified 1 million species, there are others we are yet to identify!
There is Bible truth, supported by a few thousand years of investigative truth ... and then there is your opinion that things didn't happen that way. Let's see, which carries more weight? -- BTW, if you actually consulted the Bible about which you state such dogmatic opinions, you would find that the dimensions and nature of construction are clearly given. The rest is pure conjecture on your part.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-14-2014, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Sitting beside Walden Pond
4,612 posts, read 4,345,029 times
Reputation: 1406
Maybe Noah just collected egg and sperm cells from a lot of animals. After the arc reached dry land, he built a simple laboratory and fertilized the eggs in little dishes.

If that was how he did it, the ark would not have to be as big.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-14-2014, 01:58 PM
 
17,966 posts, read 13,819,840 times
Reputation: 997
"Was every species on the ark? No! From chapters such as Leviticus 11, it is obvious that the created kind (min in Hebrew, in Genesis 1:11–12, 21, 24–25) was a much broader category than the modern term of classification, species. Current baraminological2 research suggests that the created kind most closely corresponded to the family level in current taxonomy. However, to be conservative in this study, the genus was set as equivalent to the original created kind. As for the clean animals that entered the ark in seven pairs, this added a modest number of additional animals, notably bovids (cow-like mammals) and cervids (deer-like mammals). Under these conservative assumptions, there were no more than 16,000 land animals and birds on the ark." How Could Noah Fit the Animals on the Ark and Care for Them? - Answers in Genesis
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-14-2014, 02:07 PM
 
18,173 posts, read 12,434,643 times
Reputation: 9220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
"Was every species on the ark? No! From chapters such as Leviticus 11, it is obvious that the created kind (min in Hebrew, in Genesis 1:11–12, 21, 24–25) was a much broader category than the modern term of classification, species. Current baraminological2 research suggests that the created kind most closely corresponded to the family level in current taxonomy. However, to be conservative in this study, the genus was set as equivalent to the original created kind. As for the clean animals that entered the ark in seven pairs, this added a modest number of additional animals, notably bovids (cow-like mammals) and cervids (deer-like mammals). Under these conservative assumptions, there were no more than 16,000 land animals and birds on the ark." How Could Noah Fit the Animals on the Ark and Care for Them? - Answers in Genesis
Yep, plenty of room for all those animals and a LOT of people. Oops 8 people paid attention.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-14-2014, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
10,688 posts, read 6,229,488 times
Reputation: 4656
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I haven't watched the entire video yet, but it seems legit to me. Unfortunately, we can't go look for ourselves because of how unstable the Middle East is. However, they did set up a tourist building. The liberal media won't touch this one. See for yourself and I would love to hear what Christians think.

Noah

The video is towards the bottom in the comments section. It's two hours long. It's also an interesting read on what archeologists have found to be the ark on Mt. Ararat in Turkey.
Hogwash.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top