Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 02:16 PM

546 posts, read 546,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
His article about the Ark concludes:

"Evidence from microscopic studies and photo analyses demonstrates that the supposed Ark near Dogubayazit is a completely natural rock formation."

NOAH'S ARK FROM TURKEY EXPOSED AS A COMMON GEOLOGIC STRUCTURE

Collins is a retired professor of geology from California State University, Northridge ..... not some Indiana-Jones-wannabe anesthesia nurse.
As soon as Collins was identified as having anti-flood disease, he lost all credibility. These titles are only as good as the paper that they were written on, if the person has a bias. His evidence goes against others, so someone is stretching things. And as far as you are concerned, that would be the creationists. But, that goes either way, so it's a standoff of credentials. You'll have to come up with a new emoticon.

Now, back to those anchor stones. An amazing stability mechanism! Far more stable than a pterodactyl trying to fly in our thin atmosphere-
-
-
-

SPLAAAATTTT!!!

Old 02-20-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post

(Link's fixed)

NOAH'S ARK FROM TURKEY EXPOSED

And:

"The (anchor) stones are made of volcanic rock, such as is found in the region around Mount Ararat. If Noah launched from modern day Iraq, he would have had to travel to Ararat, get these stones, travel back and put them on the Ark, and then land hundreds of miles north near Ararat"

Young Earth Creation Science Argument Index, Anchor Stones, Noah's Ark
You ignored the evidence...

Old 02-20-2014, 02:52 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
You ignored the evidence...
Anchor stones from Mt. Ararat

Wood from California

Animals from New Zealand

Makes for an intriguing story.

He probably got the anchor stones from the Flintstones quarry.

Shem, Ham or Japeth probably got a whooping for dropping this Antikythera computer overboard during the flood. World Mysteries - Strange Artifacts - Antikythera Mechanism

Old 02-20-2014, 03:02 PM

The Piri Reis map shows the western coast of Africa, the eastern coast of South America, and the northern coast of Antarctica. The northern coastline of Antarctica is perfectly detailed. The most puzzling however is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice. Geological evidence confirms that the latest date Queen Maud Land could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC. World-Mysteries.com

Interesting that the 4,000 BC puts an ice free Antartica right around the time of Noah's Historic world-wide flood.
Now how can the ice on the north and south pole be millions of years old? I believe, as do others, that AFTER the world-wide flood and AFTER the earth became tilted that the ice began to build up on the poles.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:03 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why expend so much effort defending this fable about genocide? How does this defend or promote the existence and love of God and each other???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You are the same type of person that, had God done nothing, had He just let mankind do everything his evil heart invented you'd be crying: IF THERE IS A GOD, WHY DOESN'T HE DO SOMETHING TO STOP ALL THE EVIL!
No. I do not believe God gives one fig for what happens in our physical (carnal) world. God is Spirit and we are His Spirit children. He cares ONLY for our spiritual development. All His intervention is spiritual not physical. Believing such fables and ignorant savage beliefs about God is worse than anachronistic . . . it is spiritually immature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
First off, it's not a fable, nor is it genocide. Saying that it is genocide places man above God.
It definitely acknowledges that men can have a superior sense of morality than the God our ancient savage ancestors believed in.
Quote:
Secondly, this does promote the existence of God, by promoting that the Word that He gave us is true and can be trusted as such.
How does knowing our God is a mass murderer promote trust???
Quote:
Everything that God does is promoted by His love for us, which doesn't negate the fact that He can exterminate an enemy to protect and promote the advancement of His love.
How do you reconcile such extermination of enemies with our moral instructions from the God Jesus believed in and the one I believe in . . . that we are to "love our enemies and do good to them?" Is it "Do as I say and not as I do"???

Old 02-21-2014, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
You are the same type of person that, had God done nothing, had He just let mankind do everything his evil heart invented you'd be crying: IF THERE IS A GOD, WHY DOESN'T HE DO SOMETHING TO STOP ALL THE EVIL!
Quote:
MysticPhd replied:
No. I do not believe God gives one fig for what happens in our physical (carnal) world. God is Spirit and we are His Spirit children. He cares ONLY for our spiritual development. All His intervention is spiritual not physical. Believing such fables and ignorant savage beliefs about God is worse than anachronistic . . . it is spiritually immature.
I suppose you think it was wrong for God to kill Ananias and Sapphira in Acts?
Or the Corinthians who were eating and drinking unworthily so they would not be condemned with the world?
Or when Christ returns and battles the 10 kings in Revelation and conquers them that that promotes an evil God?
Or when God destroys all those nations that come against the Holy Citadel in Revelation prior to the new earth?

Mystic, God had to wipe out all the evil people in the flood. He gave them 120 years to repent. Noah was a preacher of righteousness. He preached to them for 120 years.

So if God DIDN'T KILL THEM OFF BY A FLOOD, if the flood occurred without God knowing about it then God is not God.

If the world-wide flood occurred without God's approval then God is out of control of His universe and cannot be God.

You can't always have your cake and eat it too.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:48 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
Quote:
It definitely acknowledges that men can have a superior sense of morality than the God our ancient savage ancestors believed in. How does knowing our God is a mass murderer promote trust??? How do you reconcile such extermination of enemies with our moral instructions from the God Jesus believed in and the one I believe in . . . that we are to "love our enemies and do good to them?" Is it "Do as I say and not as I do"???
Anyone else here think that Eusy should think about STxU and learning some important points from this fellow?

Last edited by Tantalust; 02-21-2014 at 06:25 AM..

Old 02-21-2014, 07:10 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
I spent a childhood in church and something smells really bad about your particular flavor of ostensibly nourishing religious ideas.

The more malignant and vicious your personal representation of God seems to be, the more you merrily cower and mewl to it.

-------------------

I'm not finding any more info on the exact type of ground radar, not surprisingly.

Here's a neat wiki page about it though... but ISTR the only recent news about these radar was searching for Jimmy Hoffa.

Ground-penetrating radar

Old 02-21-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
It definitely acknowledges that men can have a superior sense of morality than the God our ancient savage ancestors believed in. How does knowing our God is a mass murderer promote trust??? How do you reconcile such extermination of enemies with our moral instructions from the God Jesus believed in and the one I believe in . . . that we are to "love our enemies and do good to them?" Is it "Do as I say and not as I do"???
Jesus told us that the Father cares immensely about us as humans. Even the hairs of our head are numbered. The first phase of our development is in this physical world. He sent Jesus here to show us the correct way to pass through this physical world and develop to maximum potential. By following Jesus, we can obtain eternal life without having to go through age long correction after death. The resurrected body of Jesus was Spiritual AND physical. He spent 40 days here after death, and one of the things that He showed us was that He is a physical being. He must have an atomic structure of some kind which He can manifest physically, yet upon His will, he can become totally spiritual and pass through things. And this is the same type of body that we will have for eternity. It will be physical AND spiritual. His understanding of physics is infinite, and He put it all together.

If you have reached the point that you can "love your enemies and do good to them", (and from the way you speak, you are achieving this, at least to some extent), then it is commendable. This is the goal. Unfortunately, most people are not to that point, nor will they be until after their demise.

I believe that God the Father only has our best interests in mind, and that at some time in the past, He decided that He wanted a family. Out of the atoms that He created, He made a man and woman that would produce to multiply into that family. But part of the development of that family was going through hardship, because one of the principles that Jesus laid down was that 'through death comes life'. He introduced evil into this world for that cause, and in the life of Jesus, this whole plan came to fruition, in that Jesus was able to pass through death to eternal life. Now that that has happened, those of the past, and of the future can follow and become the Father's children. It is the grace of God that gives us, in this time period since His death, to be able to experience death, 'before death', to reach this goal of eternal life. But without evil and sin, there would be no death, and there would be no path to become the children of God.

I don't fully grasp the path that God chose to reach this end of obtaining a real family, but I'm able to realize that a being that can build a universe from nothing, is far above me, and if I can't trust Him, then we are all truly lost. The fact that I can't quite understand the killings that happened in Old Testament times is no reason for me to call God a murderer. It just means I don't quite understand. I haven't taken the time to question the Father about it, but I'm confident, that if I did, He would eventually reveal these things to me. My own human father did many things that I didn't understand while growing up, but as I grew and became wiser, I understood them and had to reverse my thoughts about how ignorant I thought that he was. And with God, these things are multiplied. The smartest human that ever lived is only a Moderator cut: delete in a bucket compared to the wisdom and knowledge of the God that everyone calls the "Thunder God" and "murderer". This only shows our impatience and immaturity.

And to this end, I am interested in the Flood of Noah. And I can do this in the context of "loving God and loving man". I don't have to trade barbs with our ancestry and the original makeup of the earth leads to further faith in God. It was said that "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God". The Bible...all of it, is the physical, readable portion of the Word of God. It doesn't include the words that a person who has a relationship with God may hear, but, like our makeup of being physical and spiritual, the Bible is the physical portion of God's Word. So, hearing comes through it, and faith proceeds from the reading of the Word. I don't expect for anyone to be able to "prove" the existence of the Ark and Flood until the next age, but the chance of having found these things is very interesting and faith building, as long as we don't step out and put our full trust in them. God wants us to trust Him by faith, not by sight. But the day is coming where the faith will not be needed, because it will be reality before our eyes. In the case of the Ark, I don't believe that it will be an unsolvable mystery forever, because when the reality of God is here, it will be common knowledge about these things. But for now, having a dialogue about it not only brings out interesting items, but also reveals the minds and agendas of those that are arguing these things, along with the purposes and agendas of those that have physically looked into these things for evidence. I've learned a lot that I didn't know before.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-23-2014 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language

Old 02-21-2014, 10:50 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post

Unlike unbelievers that have No lasting future hope, believers can be hope filled about a lasting future as Noah was [Hebrews 11 v 6 ] along with all of the rest of those believers listed in Hebrews chapter 11 who looked forward to the promise [ Hebrews 11 vs 13,39 ] . That promise that God made to father Abraham that all families and all nations of earth will be blessed [ Genesis 12 v 3; 22 v 18; Rev. 22 v 2 ] Blessed with the healing or curing of earth's nations through Jesus' coming 1000-year reign over earth when all of mankind will get to know the details about the Ark.
Going back to Matthew 4:4's excellent post early on in this thread, I believe that Noah's ark as described in the book of Genesis is a factual happening and that we will know more about it at the beginning of the Millenium.
Best wishes to all who desire to know and DO the will of our Heavenly Father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity