U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 10:21 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,389,183 times

Advertisements

No such thing as real Christianity if water baptism is not our religion----John 3:5.

No such thing as real Christianity if we love the world----1 John 2:15.

No such thing as real Christianity if our friends are unbelievers---2 Cor. 6.

No such thing as real Christianity if we go to the bar----1 Peter 4:1-4.

No such thing as real Christianity if we keep our jewelry on----1 Peter 3:3.

No such thing as real Christianity if we marry divorced people like nothing---Romans 7:2-3.

No such thing as real Christianity if we work on Saturday or the Sabbath---Hebrews 4.

No such thing as real Christianity if anybody can give us philosophy on how to be a
Christian---Colossians 2:8 and 2 Peter 1:20-21.

No such thing as real Christianity if we believe in fossils or dinosaurs on the earth millions of
years ago----Colossians 2:8.

No such thing as real Christianity if we commemorate the holiday called Easter and Christmas
today----John 4:24 and Colossians 2:8.

No such thing as real Christianity if another book can replace the bible teaching the
bible anywhere---1 John 2:27 and Psalms 8:4.

No such thing as real Christianity if we're grace believers only----Romans 6:1.

No such thing as real Christianity if women can preach and pastor churches----1 Cor. 14:34-35.

No such thing as real Christianity if we never shared the news of Jesus---Luke 14:23.

No such thing as real Christianity if we don't believe in modest friendship with the
world---Luke 16:9 .

No such thing as real Christianity if our church pastor is any nice person in rule---Matthew 15:14.

No such thing as real Christianity if our fellowship is with anybody claiming to be
brethren in Christ---Amos 3:3.

No such thing as real Christianity if we're 90% bible believers only----Matthew 5:17-20.

No such thing as real Christianity if we do charity to bums on the street---2 Thess. 3:10.

No such thing as real Christianity if it's sinful to correct people with the bible---James 5:20.

No such thing as real Christianity if 401K investments is okay----1 Timothy 6.

No such thing as real Christianity if 30 year mortgages is okay----1 Timothy 6.

No such thing as real Christianity if we name and claim everything by faith---Romans 12:3.

No such thing as real Christianity if we can speak in tongues in church any
kind of way-----ALL of 1 Cor. 14.

No such thing as real Chrisitianity if speaking in tongues is the baptism of repentance
preached---Romans 11:29.

No such thing as real Christianity if we optimistic people all the bible---John 5:39.

No such thing as real Christianity if we make converts out of anybody---Luke 6:26.

No such thing as real Christianity if we a sweetheart only---1 John 2:15.

No such thing as real Christianity if we a former junkie only---Matthew 7:21-24.

No such thing as real Christianity if uniting with 100% bible believers is not important---Matthew 5:6.

No such thing as real Christianity if we faking the real body of Christ only---Psalms 133:1.

How are you different then the world if they got blood boasters and sweetheart people too ?

Saints are different then the world !!!
2 Cor. 6 and John 8:31
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 06:32 PM

28,960 posts, read 13,499,835 times
Living Out Good Morals Or Living Out Real Christianity?

In other words, Christianity is not concerned with having good morals?

Old 01-25-2014, 06:56 PM

29,458 posts, read 21,734,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
No such thing as real Christianity if water baptism is not our religion----John 3:5.

No such thing as real Christianity if we love the world----1 John 2:15.

No such thing as real Christianity if our friends are unbelievers---2 Cor. 6.

No such thing as real Christianity if we go to the bar----1 Peter 4:1-4.

No such thing as real Christianity if we keep our jewelry on----1 Peter 3:3.

No such thing as real Christianity if we marry divorced people like nothing---Romans 7:2-3.

No such thing as real Christianity if we work on Saturday or the Sabbath---Hebrews 4.

No such thing as real Christianity if anybody can give us philosophy on how to be a
Christian---Colossians 2:8 and 2 Peter 1:20-21.

No such thing as real Christianity if we believe in fossils or dinosaurs on the earth millions of
years ago----Colossians 2:8.

No such thing as real Christianity if we commemorate the holiday called Easter and Christmas
today----John 4:24 and Colossians 2:8.

No such thing as real Christianity if another book can replace the bible teaching the
bible anywhere---1 John 2:27 and Psalms 8:4.

No such thing as real Christianity if we're grace believers only----Romans 6:1.

No such thing as real Christianity if women can preach and pastor churches----1 Cor. 14:34-35.

No such thing as real Christianity if we never shared the news of Jesus---Luke 14:23.

No such thing as real Christianity if we don't believe in modest friendship with the
world---Luke 16:9 .

No such thing as real Christianity if our church pastor is any nice person in rule---Matthew 15:14.

No such thing as real Christianity if our fellowship is with anybody claiming to be
brethren in Christ---Amos 3:3.

No such thing as real Christianity if we're 90% bible believers only----Matthew 5:17-20.

No such thing as real Christianity if we do charity to bums on the street---2 Thess. 3:10.

No such thing as real Christianity if it's sinful to correct people with the bible---James 5:20.

No such thing as real Christianity if 401K investments is okay----1 Timothy 6.

No such thing as real Christianity if 30 year mortgages is okay----1 Timothy 6.

No such thing as real Christianity if we name and claim everything by faith---Romans 12:3.

No such thing as real Christianity if we can speak in tongues in church any
kind of way-----ALL of 1 Cor. 14.

No such thing as real Chrisitianity if speaking in tongues is the baptism of repentance
preached---Romans 11:29.

No such thing as real Christianity if we optimistic people all the bible---John 5:39.

No such thing as real Christianity if we make converts out of anybody---Luke 6:26.

No such thing as real Christianity if we a sweetheart only---1 John 2:15.

No such thing as real Christianity if we a former junkie only---Matthew 7:21-24.

No such thing as real Christianity if uniting with 100% bible believers is not important---Matthew 5:6.

No such thing as real Christianity if we faking the real body of Christ only---Psalms 133:1.

How are you different then the world if they got blood boasters and sweetheart people too ?

Saints are different then the world !!!
2 Cor. 6 and John 8:31
With reference to a few of your requirements.

I'm a real Christian and I believe in fossils and Dinosaurs on the earth millions of years ago. When I was a kid I wanted to be a Paleontologist when I grew up. It didn't turn out that way, but . . .

I'm a real Christian and I have gone to bars a few times, though not in many years. But I was a Christian when I went to them.

I'm a real Christian and I have no problem with Christmas and Easter.

I'm a real Christian and I have money in a 401K.

And are you seriously claiming that if you have a 30 year mortgage that you can't be a real Christian?

The Saturday Sabbath is not for the Church.

I'm a real Christian and have no problem with women wearing jewelry. Or makeup.

You seem to be saying here, share the news about Jesus but not with just anyone.

Needless to say, I do not agree with you.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:18 PM

174 posts, read 286,085 times
Tony, Tony, Tony (or tonytonytony, as the case may be) -- If this is really your view of "real Christianity," I weep for you.

I wouldn't go so far as to equate "living out good morals" with "being a Christian," but living out good morals would get someone much farther down the path than your approach. Your "real Christianity" has almost nothing to do with being a Christian.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:33 PM

18,176 posts, read 13,931,035 times
Having good morals does not make one a Christian. However a Christian will have good morals and more.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:54 PM

11 posts, read 8,169 times
Hello Tonytonytony,

I must admit that your long list makes it appear awfully hard to live as a Christian! One key factor that makes the Christian walk appear hard as you describe is the claims of individuals of various conflicting denotational groups that claim that you are not a true Christian if you engage in certain practices and activities. I even heard an individual condemn Dr. Billy Grams and Dr. M. L. King for some reason having nothing to do with the gospel.

Please remember that Jesus reminded us of the first and the second great commandments that tell us to love God with all of our hearts and to love our neighbors as ourselves (Matthew 22:37-39). "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets
(Matthew 22:40).

In other words, when a person abides by these commandments, he has no desire to commit evil to a neighbor by breaking any of the other laws.

Also please remember what Paul said about the conflicts between those that eat meats sacrificed to idols and those that don't. If conscience condemn it don't do it. For the person whose conscience does not condemn, let him do it. (1 Corinthians 8:9-13)

The love of Christ that enters the heart frees from bondage to lots of dos and don'ts.

We are all imperfect.

Take care,
Earl

Old 01-26-2014, 11:10 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,389,183 times
Default Sound like we need to know each other ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Having good morals does not make one a Christian. However a Christian will have good morals and more.
So you have no problem with 1 Timothy 6 to live out ?

So you have no problem with John 3:5 to live out ?

So you have no problem with 1 Peter 3:3 to live out ?

So you have no problem with Colossians 2:8 to live out ?

So you have no problem with 2 Cor. 6 to live out ?

So you have no problem with Matthew 7:6 to live out ?

So you have no problem with 1 Thess. 5:12 to live out ?

So you have no problem with 1 Peter 4:1-4 to live out ?

So you have no problem with John 17:9 to live out ?

So you have no problem with Amos 3:3 to live out ?

Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 AM

11 posts, read 8,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
So you have no problem with 1 Timothy 6 to live out ?

So you have no problem with John 3:5 to live out ?

So you have no problem with 1 Peter 3:3 to live out ?

So you have no problem with Colossians 2:8 to live out ?

So you have no problem with 2 Cor. 6 to live out ?

So you have no problem with Matthew 7:6 to live out ?

So you have no problem with 1 Thess. 5:12 to live out ?

So you have no problem with 1 Peter 4:1-4 to live out ?

So you have no problem with John 17:9 to live out ?

So you have no problem with Amos 3:3 to live out ?

Hello Tonytonytony,

Are you still there? Please forgive me for the long absence.

He that has the spirit of Jesus Christ dwelling within has no problem with the commandments you listed above because the spirit of Christ empowers him. Jesus fully lived the law before He died for us so that He may live within us that accept Him. No one is able to live the commandments otherwise. Even he that thinks himself capable without the help of God is headed only to failure.

It is written, There is none righteous, no, not one (Romans 1:10).” Have you ever lied or cheated? I have. Although one sin cuts us off from the ability to serve God, the cross of Christ opened the way for our reconciliation. We are all given a measure of grace to do good despite our sinful nature. But we must accept Jesus and His grace to make ourselves us complete in our capability.

I have earlier quoted the first and second great commandments. It is also written, “Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law (Romans 1:10).” This lines up with Jesus words, “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another (John 13:34).”

When a person is reconciled to God and loves his neighbor, his heart is filled with the desire to live the commandments and to shun temptations toward evil (as I said earlier). This empowerment frees him from the legalistic bondage of dos and don’ts.

Do you remember what Jesus said to the thief on the cross? “Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise (Luke 23:43).” How was that possible? Although the thief joined the other in mocking Christ as the three hung due to crucifixion, it dawned on him that he and the other thief deserved their death sentence and Jesus didn’t. So he confessed the truth to the other thief.

How then was he able to ask Jesus to remember him in paradise? It was too late to “prove” himself with good deeds. He supernaturally realized at the moment of his honesty that Jesus was dying the undeserved death for his sake as a means to open him up to the eternal life that he didn’t deserve. He only needed to accept it and his asking manifested the acceptance. What? He didn’t need to do any of the things you listed? So does acceptance of the purchased eternal life by anyone empowers him to live the commandments of God that are otherwise impossible. Didn’t Jesus tell a palsied man to do the impossible task of walking?

As Jesus gave the man strength to do the impossible, so does He empower us to live out His commandments including those you listed. Even though the believer is still a sinner, God is ready to forgive him when he confesses it.

It is written, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me (Philippians 4:13).” The person that's born again in Christ is like a black and white TV that receives the circuity and the tube to handle the color signals that a black and white TV misses.

Finally, let us not try to cross a bridge before arriving at it by making ourselves so busily worrying about how we may obey "hard" commands that we stunt our growth by blinding ourselves to simple steps that Jesus would have us to follow now that would advance us.

Take care,
Earl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity