Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 08:10 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,247,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Good thought, but it does not say that the humans were "fruitful" immediately after God's injunction. the rest of the coming of age story follows to explain how that came about, note that it was not until after this that Adam "knew" Eve and they had children.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong. but it did happen. and two how long was Adam and Eve in the Garden before they was ousted. remember they was not ageing. we really don't know for sure how long they was in the Garden. but they was developing both Spiritually and physically.

Know is a self awareness

and three he knew his wife before, for God commanded it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 10:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I'm not saying you're right or wrong. but it did happen. and two how long was Adam and Eve in the Garden before they was ousted. remember they was not ageing. we really don't know for sure how long they was in the Garden. but they was developing both Spiritually and physically.

Know is a self awareness

and three he knew his wife before, for God commanded it.
No, in terms of Genesis, the meaning of "know" as used here is "to have sex with" and remember, it is not a history, it is a myth, and it is about the "loss of innocence" that accompanies growing up.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:26 PM

758 posts, read 850,195 times
Quote:
No, in terms of Genesis, the meaning of "know" as used here is "to have sex with" and remember, it is not a history, it is a myth, and it is about the "loss of innocence" that accompanies growing up.
Jesus Christ was not speaking of any myth.. Adam to Noah ten generations; Real People

Old 03-03-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Good morning to all in the name of the Lord Jesus.

this is no myth. Atkutuq is correct. the bible is a book of truth, because God is true. understanding our history will shed light on our understanding of our God, the Lord Jesus the Christ. and his rules and regulation we must follow, for as he is the Governor of his Church. listen, when Adam and Eve sinned. it separate them, and us, from God. not Permanently, but temporary, (who can keep us from the Love of God?). God had a plan of restoration, a plan of redemption in place, just for this action, (for the lamb was slain before the foundation of the world was even laid). lets teach by example. in a marriage, a husband and wife can separate. but not divorce, exception?, fornication, and that’s before the coming together, or the consummation of the marriage. in a separation, there can be a reuniting of the oneness. in the Garden, there was a separation of God and Man. for the wages of sin is death. but there are two death. natural, and Spiritual death. natural is by blood. for the blood is the life of the flesh. Spiritual death is by God only, (see matt 10:28), after this life, which is the second death. now because of sin in the Garden, by our fore fathers, we was separated, but not divorce. what divorce do, is cut one off Permanently, that’s why God hate divorce, (for he desire none to be lost). so in essence we had a temporary life, and that is in the blood, until the time of restoration, or redemption.
what played out in the Garden, is effecting us today. restoration, or regeneration. both jews and gentiles. a Spiritual restoration of Spiritual separation of man to God, (his bride). for whosoever believe shall not perish but have everlasting life. see in the Garden we had life. but because of the sin, we was separate. and now under GRACE, we’re being restored. Paradise lost, now regained.

so the the Garden story is the PRECURSOR to our restoration. our salvation.

may God bless.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:41 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,068,297 times
Quote:
GINOLJC, to all.

The book of Genesis set the stage for some mysteries to be understood, but at the same time, create some mysteries that are not understood. I would like to get your opinion, and, or, your thoughts on few of these, what I call mysteries in the creation account. I totally believe that God created two humans, a male, and a female, in the beginning. and from these two people, all of humanity came. but yet, when I read in Genesis chapter 4 of other people beside Adam, Eve, and now, only Cain. I have to ask, who are these other people, who might slay Cain if they found him. I look at Adam, and Seth descendants, but the time frame of God dialogue with Cain after he killed his brother Abel did not fit. because Cain was afraid of someone finding him, and possibly killing him, at the present time. so the time frame don’t work. and two, Cain found a wife, in the land of nod, not in the current area where he was at that time. I also eliminated Adam possible descendants, which is in Seth. I base this on Genesis 5:3,4 & 5, and backed up by 1 Chronicles 1:1-4. here is the dilemma. if there was only two people, where did the other people come from?. I have my views, but I would like to hear yours. and maybe, just maybe we can get some understanding out of this very important account of Genisis. here are the two questions.

#1. “Did the Adam’s have Children while they was still in the garden, before their fall”. if so, post your scripture to this fact. this just might answer the Cain wife question.

#2. “Where did Cain wife really come from, and who was she?”. post your scriptures to this fact also. remember, we’re dealing with the facts according to the scriptures only. no outside reference, unless directly addressing a scripture in the Genesis account.

I believe that these two question are directly related to each other, and maybe, just maybe, if proven correct, answer the age old questions, “where did Cain really get his wife from, and who she is”. and if proven correct, by scripture. many other pressing, and unknown questions, can be answered also. but the first question goes against, quote unquote, bible, or men tradition. I guess by now, many of you know, that I’m not a traditionist, (smile). especially when it comes to man assessment of the bible. I totally believe God, PERIOD. and I believe that God have given us the answers to these questions, and many more, right in the Genesis account it self. only if we ask the right question, and seek them out. so lets get started.

May God bless.

Cain married his sister Luella...

Old 03-03-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
thanks for your response, but I must disagree on these basis,

#1. if Cain wife was a wild human, where did she come from. because Adam and Eve is the source of all humanity.

#2. are you saying that their was another creation, if so based on what evidence?. remember in the OP, I said scripture base, unless addressing a Genesis scripture directly.

#3. I agree on the 6 solar day. but not on another human creation. but that's interesting.

#4. Jesus was Born. Adam and Eve was NOT BORN, BUT MADE.

#5. Genesis 2:8 "And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.Genesis 2:15 "And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. this was after he was in the Garden, so your point as to Adam or Eve outside the Garden is moot. Genesis 2:21 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. so all of this took place inside the Garden according to genesis chapter 2.

so the account put both of them inside the garden.

So, farmer wasn't the oldest occupation on earth, it was landscaper...

Old 03-03-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Cain married his sister Luella...

where is that in the bible?. scripture please.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
So, farmer wasn't the oldest occupation on earth, it was landscaper...

Smile......................LOL.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
where is that in the bible?. scripture please.
The book of Enoch, Chapter 1 or 2...

Old 03-03-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
The book of Enoch, Chapter 1 or 2...
is the book of Enoch a part of the bible?. sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity