Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 12:33 PM

758 posts, read 847,006 times

Advertisements

*** UPDATE*** NEWS-FLASH***BREAKING NEWS***

I would never in all my wildest dreams ever expected this to happen in my lifetime.

The announcement was made - December 13th
  • Adam & Eve are just a myth / fable (Jesus said differently)
  • The bible is outdated and must be changed (Jesus said the opposite)
  • All religions ARE TRUE & lead to God (Jesus said there is only one way).

Three contradictions to the simple words of Christ .. ..I'll stick with what Jesus said.

These are the words spoken by... (drum roll) .. .. ... Francis the POPE !

In a speech that shocked many, the Pope claimed “All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there?

Quote:
we will begin to ordain women as cardinals, bishops and priests. In the future, it is my hope that we will have a woman pope one day.
Quote:
A couple of prominent Catholic cardinals have responded to Pope Francis’ declarations by leaving the church. Cardinal Arinze of Nigeria said:I charge that Francis has become a heretic, and that he is not a valid Pope. Indeed, Francis is no longer even a Catholic. The seat of Saint Peter is vacant.
Whoa.. Whoa... Whoa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 12:40 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,822,829 times
Apparently you are relatively new to the CD Christian Forum. That sort of false proclamation is the regular fare of many here and in the public media,who zealously attack Christians, the Bible and the things of God.

IMO, this is only the pre-cursor to even more blatant attacks, inspired by Satan, who is "filled with fury because he knows his time is short." (Rev 12:12)

Please hear me before you leap: I'm not saying that Pope Francis is the false prophet or inspired by Satan. In fact, it would amaze and surprise me if he wasn't completely mis-quoted. What I am saying is that the type of things repeated in this post and on CD, stand against Bible Truth and, as such, are not of God.

Last edited by jghorton; 03-06-2014 at 01:03 PM..

Old 03-06-2014, 12:49 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
*** UPDATE*** NEWS-FLASH***BREAKING NEWS***

I would never in all my wildest dreams ever expected this to happen in my lifetime.

The announcement was made - December 13th
  • Adam & Eve are just a myth / fable (Jesus said differently)
  • The bible is outdated and must be changed (Jesus said the opposite)
  • All religions ARE TRUE & lead to God (Jesus said there is only one way).

Three contradictions to the simple words of Christ .. ..I'll stick with what Jesus said.

These are the words spoken by... (drum roll) .. .. ... Francis the POPE !

In a speech that shocked many, the Pope claimed “All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there?

Whoa.. Whoa... Whoa!
It's a hoax. This is intended as satire. I saw it going around on facebook a couple months ago.

snopes.com: Pope Francis Declares All Religions are True

Old 03-06-2014, 12:52 PM

1,030 posts, read 840,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's a hoax. This is intended as satire. I saw it going around on facebook a couple months ago.

snopes.com: Pope Francis Declares All Religions are True
The only thing remotely close to any of this is that Mr. Bergoglio has said something about having women in roles of leadership but not in the roman priesthood. I actually heard something on the news today about it.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
I believe if any church/religion is to be viable in a generation or two, it will have to allow for full participation in all roles for women.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I believe if any church/religion is to be viable in a generation or two, it will have to allow for full participation in all roles for women.
Including a female messiah?

Old 03-06-2014, 04:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Including a female messiah?
I don't believe in a messiah.

But if I did, a female version would be fine.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I don't believe in a messiah.

But if I did, a female version would be fine.
I'm curious; you seem to believe in anything that is contrary to Christianity it seems.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
The only thing remotely close to any of this is that Mr. Bergoglio has said something about having women in roles of leadership but not in the roman priesthood. I actually heard something on the news today about it.
Mr Bergoglio? You won't call him the Pope? Do you also refuse to say President Obama? Just curious.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:13 PM

14,953 posts, read 9,787,725 times
Quote:
Sounds like a modern version of Voltaire's statement. Your crystal ball is cloudy.

...just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity