Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 12:06 AM

758 posts, read 847,905 times

Advertisements

None of the prophetic predictions could be fulfilled with such accuracy.

If men wrote this book..

Then why would Jesus command us to "study" the "words of men"?

That just doesn't make any sense; But if God is the author then it makes perfect sense.

Why would he say if we add to this book He will add plagues to us?

"These words which I command you" - Are God's Words - Not the words of men.

Thus saith the Lord occurs 2,250 times

I think it is a fair assumption to say He Told The Truth.

33 authors - all in perfect agreement with each other (even though they never met). is not natural - Look at

the threads. It is very difficult to get two people to agree on one controversial subject.

The bible is "Super" Natural! It was written outside of our time domain by someone who knew the end from the beginning!

Jesus said - He is the First & Last. He didn't finish the rest of that sentence.

He is... The first & the last name mentioned in the New Testament
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 05:46 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post

If men wrote this book..

That just doesn't make any sense; But if God is the author then it makes perfect sense.

33 authors - all in perfect agreement with each other (even though they never met). is not natural - Look at

the threads. It is very difficult to get two people to agree on one controversial subject.

The bible is "Super" Natural! It was written outside of our time domain by someone who knew the end from the beginning!

Jesus said - He is the First & Last. He didn't finish the rest of that sentence.

first, I must say, the paper and the Ink you see is not the bible. the bible is spiritual, and written on the heart. and really, what is a word?, a thought, and a thought can be expressed in ink and paper.

it was the Spirit, himself, Christ Jesus, in them that guided their hands to write, (see 1 Peter 1:10 & 11).

Old 03-05-2014, 06:25 AM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
Fiction can be written and rewritten to make any point. Even "Prophetic visions" are provable after the fact. My Grandafther has predicted the final score of every Super Bowl MONTHS before everyone even knows who was in it ! He publishes his football prophecy two weeks after the big game pointing out how he was right all along.
Same with the Bible, it is fiction written after the fact.

While I am not a theist, I will say that 101c is along the correct lines. It is not the source or the words, but what YOU do with it that determines the book's usefulness to you and those around you.

Do you use it to inspire good within you ? or as an excuse to to judge and condemn others? It is a book of Love? Or a book of fear and hate? It all depends on how YOU choose to see it.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:28 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post

If men wrote this book..

It is a book. You are simply worshiping a book that was clearly put together by men. The first Christians had no NT and did just fine.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:48 AM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
first, I must say, the paper and the Ink you see is not the bible. the bible is spiritual, and written on the heart. and really, what is a word?, a thought, and a thought can be expressed in ink and paper.

it was the Spirit, himself, Christ Jesus, in them that guided their hands to write, (see 1 Peter 1:10 & 11).
Bible - Biblios in the Greek, means 'book'. So yes, the paper and ink is the Bible. The Bible is a collection of many books into one book - our Bible. God is the divine author of the Bible. He used human authors to record His Word in writing.

God told Jeremiah to record on a scroll the words which He had spoken to him. The result is the Book of Jeremiah.
Jeremiah 36:2 ''Take a scroll and write on it all the words which I have spoken to you concerning Israel and concerning Judah, and concerning all the nations, from the day I first spoke to you, from the days of Josiah, even to this day.''

Jesus told John to write the things which had been revealed to him. The result is the Book of Revelation.
Revelation 1:19 ''Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.

The New Testament Scriptures are the result of the fulfillment of Jesus' promise as recorded in John 16:12-15.
John 16:12 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13] "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14] "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. 15] "All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you. 16] "A little while, and you will no longer see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me."

All Scripture, the written Word of God - the Bible, is God-breathed.
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture (graphé - writing) is breathed out by God (theopneustos; theós -God; pnéō - breathed out [God-breathed]) and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

For anything from the Bible to be 'written on the heart', it must be transferred from the pages of the Bible into the soul through study under the filling ministry of the Holy Spirit who is the true Mentor.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:50 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Bible - Biblios in the Greek, means 'book'. So yes, the paper and ink is the Bible. The Bible is a collection of many books into one book - our Bible. God is the divine author of the Bible. He used human authors to record His Word in writing.

God told Jeremiah to record on a scroll the words which He had spoken to him. The result is the Book of Jeremiah.
Jeremiah 36:2 ''Take a scroll and write on it all the words which I have spoken to you concerning Israel and concerning Judah, and concerning all the nations, from the day I first spoke to you, from the days of Josiah, even to this day.''
Jesus told John to write the things which had been revealed to him. The result is the Book of Revelation.
Revelation 1:19 ''Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.
The New Testament Scriptures are the result of the fulfillment of Jesus' promise as recorded in John 16:12-15.
John 16:12 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13] "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14] "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. 15] "All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you. 16] "A little while, and you will no longer see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me."
All Scripture, the written Word of God - the Bible, is God-breathed.
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture (graphé - writing) is breathed out by God (theopneustos; theós -God; pnéō - breathed out [God-breathed]) and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
For anything from the Bible to be 'written on the heart', it must be transferred from the pages of the Bible into the soul through study under the filling ministry of the Holy Spirit who is the true Mentor.

you missed the point, but I want argue about it. but one day you might understand.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:04 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
It's not just a "book".... it's a how to book.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Fiction can be written and rewritten to make any point. Even "Prophetic visions" are provable after the fact. My Grandafther has predicted the final score of every Super Bowl MONTHS before everyone even knows who was in it ! He publishes his football prophecy two weeks after the big game pointing out how he was right all along.
Same with the Bible, it is fiction written after the fact.

While I am not a theist, I will say that 101c is along the correct lines. It is not the source or the words, but what YOU do with it that determines the book's usefulness to you and those around you.

Do you use it to inspire good within you ? or as an excuse to to judge and condemn others? It is a book of Love? Or a book of fear and hate? It all depends on how YOU choose to see it.
Was Daniel 9:26 which prophesied the death of the Messiah (in 33 AD), and the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple (in 70 AD) written after the fact?
Daniel 9:26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.
The sixty-two weeks of years followed the first seven weeks of years [v. 25] to make up the first sixty-nine weeks of Daniel's seventy week prophecy. The 70 weeks began with the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem. This decree was the fourth of four decrees made by Persian rulers in reference to the Jews. This fourth decree was made by Artaxerxes in 444 B.C. (Nehemiah 2:1-8).

Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,797 times
Quote:

If the bible was written on the hearts of the believer, we would all be in agreement. It is the Holy Spirit that guides us into all truth, but that takes time, submission, asking and listening. And there is another spirit, who deceives, lies and takes away, Babylon is since Nimrod on this earth, mans tower, every one presenting his own imaginations and opinions, but God scattered them in different languages, that they cannot understand each other. That is the situation of CD. In the end God"s word will stand forever.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
you missed the point, but I want argue about it. but one day you might understand.
No, I did not miss the point. You said the paper and ink is not the Bible. You are in error as was shown. And as I said, nothing in the Bible is 'written in the heart' until it is first transferred into the soul from the Bible under the teaching ministry of the Holy Spirit who is the true Mentor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity