Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:41 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,354,220 times

Advertisements

LOYALTY needs no definition- the very word creates any number of picture definitions in the mind. Everyone has their own idea of what LOYALTY is. However, when we join the words"Jesus" and "Loyalty" we tend to think of human loyalty toward HIM, but have u ever seriously contemplated HIS loyalty to you? HE was so loyal to humanity from the beginning. He had every opportunity to fail us. First when the FATHER asked "who will go..." HE could have said "NO" -HE didn't though. He chose to leave HIS place with the FATHER and come on our behalf. Again He could have failed us when he was tempted by Satan with the Kingdoms of the world; or at Capernaum when they offered HIM a crown. He could have failed at Gadara too when HE could have made a purely personal following, and in the garden at Gethsemane. HE did not have to drink from that cup. He could have failed at the cross at Calvary- HE did not have to die, yet HE did. HIS loyalty did not waver. HE was true to our interest...the interests of humanity. HE is still fiercely LOYAL. Our lives should reflect HIS loyalty. I believe such a reflection will empower us to reciprocate this loyatly in the hour of personal temptation, trials and tribulations. One of our greatest weapons in our arsenal is the knowledge that we do not have to meet the day alone because the Word says "Lo, I AM with u always." "HE ever liveth to make intercession for us." HE is fiercely LOYAL...we can count on HIM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 10:43 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,259,163 times
What is loyalty without love?
People who love can only be loyal, otherwise it cannot be love.
But it is possible to be loyal without love, although I think that loyalty without love is not as 'full' as love and loyalty.
I mean some people are only loyal out of guilt, or fear, or some other 'negative' emotion.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:28 PM

14,921 posts, read 17,252,241 times
Thank you for sharing, Sun queen. God bless.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:01 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,021,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
I mean some people are only loyal out of guilt, or fear, or some other 'negative' emotion.
Some people may also show loyalty because they are being "paid" for it...however, I wouldn't consider that actually being loyal.

There's a big difference between showing loyalty and actually being loyal. I don't think true loyalty can be obtained without love. If one is loyal out of fear, that's just plain FEAR. It may appear as loyalty, but in reality it is just one's response to the fear. One may express loyalty (a butler for example) because their being paid for it, but that makes expressing loyalty their "job"...that's not true loyalty.

There is no loyalty like that of God/Jesus.

I posted something similar to this a while back, but I think it's relevant here as well.

Have you ever noticed that if you reverse the letters of GOD you have DOG? Ever noticed how loyal a dog is? Now multiply that by the thousands/millions and you'll understand the loyalty of God. No matter how badly you treat your dog, he still loves you and comes back to you. You might ignore him, you might yell at him, some people may even smack their dog etc. But that dog will still come back and love you unconditionally. That's true loyalty...true love! Again, multiply that by thousands/millions and you will understand God's loyalty and love for us.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Have you ever noticed that if you reverse the letters of GOD you have DOG? Ever noticed how loyal a dog is?
Dogs are 'broken'.
Are you suggesting that we should tame our children? This is one of the main reasons why I believe that humans should not take pets. Have you ever seen those cases where human toddlers were raised by other wild animals in the jungle?
You would have to 'break' the spirit of these wild children to make them human again.
And the same goes for any other animal grown in the wild.

Quote:
But that dog will still come back and love you unconditionally.
This is only because a dog is a pack animal and it knows that it would not survive alone in the jungle.
If the dog was aware that someone else who's not abusive wanted to take care of him, he'd leave his abusive owner within a heartbeat.
So dogs believe that they have no other choice than stay in the pack they grew up in.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
What is loyalty without love?
People who love can only be loyal, otherwise it cannot be love.
But it is possible to be loyal without love, although I think that loyalty without love is not as 'full' as love and loyalty.
I guess when u look at loyalty from a purely human and narrow perspective it can seem to be compelled by selfish motivations or some type of emotional "carrot" or "stick"...but that is not true loyalty, nor an accurate depiction of the loyalty of GOD. "For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS SON..." HE did not give HIM out of fear or to compel a false sense of human loyalty. GOD sent HIS Son because of HIS love. The loyalty HIS Son-Jesus the Christ has demonstated is far beyond human loyalty...it is indeed a showing of HIS unconditional love for man kind. I agree with u that it is impossible to be loyal without love, so we can never seperate the love of Jesus from HIS fierce loyalty toward us. Jesus loves us and HE is loyal to our interests. There is no fear or negative emotions involved in any of that. When I think about HIS loyalty, I am in awe at how much HE loves me imperfections and all. I am amazed, encouraged to hope and comforted, not fearful. I am motivated by love HIS love for me to endeavor to be more loyal and loving in both my attitude and deeds toward HIM and humanity.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Some people may also show loyalty because they are being "paid" for it...however, I wouldn't consider that actually being loyal.

There's a big difference between showing loyalty and actually being loyal. I don't think true loyalty can be obtained without love. If one is loyal out of fear, that's just plain FEAR. It may appear as loyalty, but in reality it is just one's response to the fear. One may express loyalty (a butler for example) because their being paid for it, but that makes expressing loyalty their "job"...that's not true loyalty.

There is no loyalty like that of God/Jesus.

I posted something similar to this a while back, but I think it's relevant here as well.

Have you ever noticed that if you reverse the letters of GOD you have DOG? Ever noticed how loyal a dog is? Now multiply that by the thousands/millions and you'll understand the loyalty of God. No matter how badly you treat your dog, he still loves you and comes back to you. You might ignore him, you might yell at him, some people may even smack their dog etc. But that dog will still come back and love you unconditionally. That's true loyalty...true love! Again, multiply that by thousands/millions and you will understand God's loyalty and love for us.
U r so right: "There is no loyalty like that of God/Jesus."

Old 12-16-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thank you for sharing, Sun queen. God bless.
U r so welcome and God bless u too Thank u for the feedback.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:24 PM

919 posts, read 3,189,011 times
The mafia requires loyalty as does abusive family relationships, its not always a good thing...just depends.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by sun queen
Quote:
GOD sent HIS Son because of HIS love.
True, but who asked God to do this?
And why did God do this? Was He testing Himself the way He tested Abraham?
In my opinion Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac because he knew that God could take his son if He wanted to, and there was nothing Abraham could do about it. Did God sacrifice Jesus just so he can say that He loved us so much he sacrificed his only son like Abraham would have done?
But, unlike Abraham, God is omnipotent so He did not have to sacrifice His son.

Originally Posted by
Quote:
The mafia requires loyalty as does abusive family relationships, its not always a good thing...just depends.
True and God is no different from the abusers and the Mafiosi if He only demands loyalty.
Rulers always demand loyalty, only true leaders ask for it or earn it by setting an example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity