Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 05:36 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,084,440 times

Advertisements

Well, as many of you know, I have been sympathetic to the Later Day Saints cause ever since my late Aunt converter decades ago, resulting in an uproar of religious proportions from the grandparents on down.....
As my cousins are still involved, And after years of visits and discourse with the white shirted Missionaries, we all finally decided to give it a try.

The Bishop of the local ward has announced that we will all be converted and baptised at a ceremony on April 31 and will be accepted as full fledged members of the LSD Church after that.

May God bless and guide us. Amen

Old 04-01-2014, 06:00 AM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Just be aware that God is not concerned with any particular denomination or assembly.

He is concerned about having a personal relationship with you through His Son. That is much more important.

--------------------

Better watch out for that LSD Church - some bad stuff in there... (just kidding, I know it's a typo )

Old 04-01-2014, 08:10 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,528,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Well, as many of you know, I have been sympathetic to the Later Day Saints cause ever since my late Aunt converter decades ago, resulting in an uproar of religious proportions from the grandparents on down.....
As my cousins are still involved, And after years of visits and discourse with the white shirted Missionaries, we all finally decided to give it a try.

The Bishop of the local ward has announced that we will all be converted and baptised at a ceremony on April 31 and will be accepted as full fledged members of the LSD Church after that.

What exactly do you mean, "we all finally decided to give it a try?" I think of test driving a car as giving something a try.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:37 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,084,440 times
Let me clarify a few items (or explain, if you prefer)

As I mentioned, we had an aunt, who decades ago, converted. We thought her flirtation with Mormonism was a
passing fad, but she stuck with it devoutly to her death. So did her children and grandchildren. The issue was that
religion was taken very seriously by many of my fundy family members, and this was a shock that became a dividing
issue with all our family members. In spite of her attempts, we never joined her on her journey. When she died, she
left a note saying her biggest regret was that none of her distant family converted.

For what it is worth, my kids and I have investigated some of the concepts and ideas of the Later Day Saints.
Of course, I cannot go into detail here as time will not permit, but some family members state concerns about
Our upcoming conversion and confirmation into the LDS. We have spent time with the members of the local ward.
Lastly, we have attended a few services open to visitors. We are now scheduled as mentioned above fo a baptism
Service on April 31 at 730 PM.

Any input is of course, welcomed.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
What do you think, King, does the LDS (or the LSD for that matter) encourage you to love your neighbor as yourself? How do they show it? (I already know how some groups show it; by "trusting to the finished work of the cross" (code for don't even THINK about doing something good for others).

Old 04-01-2014, 02:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:

Any input is of course, welcomed.

My input is I know a lot of good, loving, terribly decent, family-oriented, hard-working Mormons who contribute to society and cause no harm.

p.s. If you need something done.... find a Mormon.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:17 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
My input is I know a lot of good, loving, terribly decent, family-oriented, hard-working Mormons who contribute to society and cause no harm.

My pastor said something similar to this. He said if you move to a new neighborhood, you're in luck if you live next to a Mormon. Their salvation is works based and therefore they are very helpful.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Sounds like every Dutch person I've ever met too.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:29 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Happy April Fools' Day to you too!

Old 04-01-2014, 02:47 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:

Best of luck on your new path. As long as you don't get caught up in the "Utah Mormon" culture you'll be just fine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity