Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 05:48 AM

9,663 posts, read 9,925,106 times

Advertisements

After believers or even during they repented and become born again they can receive the baptism of Holy Spirit with all power of God has were every thing of Jesus will belong to these for have the Baptism .... See this is a power to be cleansed of darkness spirits of this world , power to evangelize souls into the Kingdom , power for all gifts of Holy Spirit into the Ministries of the Lord for all .................Power for God to hear believers prayer and answer directly ................Power to help other in the calling through the gifts of the Holy Spirit which Holy Spirit come into unity with these believers and brings this world moving power for them , and what ever Jesus Holy Spirit does through these believers there will be a reward in Heaven on top of the bonus Jesus does initially to bless the people ................. See Holy Spirit is never glorified but venerated , as all the glory to the Lord Jesus through Father God ...................Holy Spirit will judge your prayers ,the faith and expectation to receive and you can receive or be denied by faithlessness or out of the plan of God by His Judgment ............... Still Holy Spirit cannot forgive sin as This is the authority Of Lord Jesus through Father God ..............so if believer reject Holy Spirit and confess rejecting Him , He cannot go to you and through Jesus Judgment forgiveness of sin .............So it is best to bless the Spirit of God and venerated Him and protect Him that is to resist evil and all turning away from Jesus must be avoided .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 06:36 AM

44 posts, read 34,593 times
Marlbron: When they made the doctrine about The holy spirit as an own person in the fourth century, where did they find support for it in the bible? Do you mean it is John from chapter 14 to chapter 16? Does anyone else got something to say? And who made the doctrine about The holy spirit? Thanks

Old 04-06-2014, 06:44 AM

650 posts, read 511,646 times
This link briefly explains the study being asked about , including doctrine from scripture in the topic. CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Blessed Trinity

Old 04-06-2014, 06:46 AM

76,857 posts, read 47,182,410 times
Question: "Is the Holy Spirit a "He," "She," or “It,” male, female, or neuter?"

Answer: A common mistake made with regard to the Holy Spirit is referring to the Spirit as "it," something most translations of the Bible are careful to avoid. The Holy Spirit is a person. He has the attributes of personhood, performs the actions of persons, and has personal relationships. He has insight (1 Corinthians 2:10-11). He knows things, which requires an intellect (Romans 8:27). He has a will (1 Corinthians 12:11). He convicts of sin (John 16:8). He performs miracles (Acts 8:39). He guides (John 16:13). He intercedes between persons (Romans 8:26). He is to be obeyed (Acts 10:19-20). He can be lied to (Acts 5:3), resisted (Acts 7:51), grieved (Ephesians 4:30), blasphemed (Matthew 12:31), even insulted (Hebrews 10:29). He relates to the apostles (Acts 15:28) and to each member of the Trinity (John 16:14; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14). The personhood of the Holy Spirit is presented without question in the Bible, but what about gender?

Read more: Is the Holy Spirit a "He," "She," or “It,” male, female, or neuter?

Old 04-06-2014, 07:12 AM

Ok. They found plenty of support of The holy spirit being an own person in the bible. Both in the new and the old testament. It said so in the article alexcanter linked to. Thanks

Old 04-06-2014, 09:59 AM

910 posts, read 1,330,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LailaWithTheBaloon View Post
Marlbron: When they made the doctrine about The holy spirit as an own person in the fourth century, where did they find support for it in the bible? Do you mean it is John from chapter 14 to chapter 16? Does anyone else got something to say? And who made the doctrine about The holy spirit? Thanks
The Godhead dissolves into the Holy Spirit, and can be separate. Think of yourself as a human: you are made up of Spirit , flesh and water all making up the person we see. You are actually your Spirit , so the Father is Spirit. The word or the Son is actually also Spirit. The word comes out of your inner being or your spirit

Old 04-07-2014, 03:51 AM

So, in Romans 8:27 it says that The holy spirit is an own person. What else does the holy spirit mean in the bible than an own person? Thanks

Old 04-07-2014, 08:05 PM

63,420 posts, read 39,666,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Question: "Is the Holy Spirit a "He," "She," or “It,” male, female, or neuter?"
Answer: A common mistake made with regard to the Holy Spirit is referring to the Spirit as "it," something most translations of the Bible are careful to avoid. The Holy Spirit is a person. He has the attributes of personhood, performs the actions of persons, and has personal relationships. He has insight (1 Corinthians 2:10-11). He knows things, which requires an intellect (Romans 8:27). He has a will (1 Corinthians 12:11). He convicts of sin (John 16:8). He performs miracles (Acts 8:39). He guides (John 16:13). He intercedes between persons (Romans 8:26). He is to be obeyed (Acts 10:19-20). He can be lied to (Acts 5:3), resisted (Acts 7:51), grieved (Ephesians 4:30), blasphemed (Matthew 12:31), even insulted (Hebrews 10:29). He relates to the apostles (Acts 15:28) and to each member of the Trinity (John 16:14; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14). The personhood of the Holy Spirit is presented without question in the Bible, but what about gender?
Read more: Is the Holy Spirit a "He," "She," or “It,” male, female, or neuter?
There are too many mistaken and/or misrepresented interpretations in your list to address them all. But I will address the first few IN CONTEXT (something you always seem to promote but seldom do).

1 Corinthians 2:10-12 King James Version (KJV)

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

This clearly refers to the consciousness (Spirit/Mind) of God and makes reference to our own human consciousness (spirit/mind) . . . but our ancestors had no conception of consciousness.

Romans 8:26-27 King James Version (KJV)

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

This is clearly referring to Christ as the "intercessor" and the one who knows the "mind of God" (Spirit) . . . NOT some separate entity. The Comforter IS the human consciousness of Christ reborn as Spirit (Holy Spirit) accessible to our consciousness.

John 16:7-15 King James Version (KJV)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
<snip>
13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for He shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
The first thing to recognize is that the there is NO "him. he, she, it" . . . the word is "autos" and it merely refers back to itself without any such designations. Second The Comforter is the human consciousness of Christ reborn as Spirit . . . that is why the Spirit glorifies Christ because it is His human consciousness that "is shown unto us." It is the same as it was for Christ with the Father's consciousness (Holy Spirit).

1 Corinthians 12:6-11 King James Version (KJV)

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will.

Again there is no "he" . . . it is "autos" just a reference to what came before. This is entire verse is referring to God's Spirit . . . i.e., His consciousness as manifested in the human consciousness of Jesus and reborn as Spirit to be made accessible to all human consciousness.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:17 PM

76,857 posts, read 47,182,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There are too many mistaken and/or misrepresented interpretations in your list to address them all. But I will address the first few IN CONTEXT (something you always seem to promote but seldom do).

1 Corinthians 2:10-12 King James Version (KJV)

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

This clearly refers to the consciousness (Spirit/Mind) of God and makes reference to our own human consciousness (spirit/mind) . . . but our ancestors had no conception of consciousness.

Romans 8:26-27 King James Version (KJV)

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

This is clearly referring to Christ as the "intercessor" and the one who knows the "mind of God" (Spirit) . . . NOT some separate entity. The Comforter IS the human consciousness of Christ reborn as Spirit (Holy Spirit) accessible to our consciousness.

John 16:7-15 King James Version (KJV)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
<snip>
13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for He shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
The first thing to recognize is that the there is NO "him. he, she, it" . . . the word is "autos" and it merely refers back to itself without any such designations. Second The Comforter is the human consciousness of Christ reborn as Spirit . . . that is why the Spirit glorifies Christ because it is His human consciousness that "is shown unto us." It is the same as it was for Christ with the Father's consciousness (Holy Spirit).

1 Corinthians 12:6-11 King James Version (KJV)

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will.

Again there is no "he" . . . it is "autos" just a reference to what came before. This is entire verse is referring to God's Spirit . . . i.e., His consciousness as manifested in the human consciousness of Jesus and reborn as Spirit to be made accessible to all human consciousness.
There are too many mistaken and/or misrepresented interpretations in your list to address them

Old 04-07-2014, 08:34 PM

63,420 posts, read 39,666,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are too many mistaken and/or misrepresented interpretations in your list to address them
At least I tried, Finn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity