Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 01:21 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,505,247 times

Advertisements

Some people think that because Amy Grant has committed Adultery, by divorcing her husband and remarrying - that she is on her way to hell as an adulterer. I do not agree. I think if you are a Christian, then Adultery is not the unforgiveable sin and that we are indeed all sinners in need of Gods forgiveness daily. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 01:51 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,191,495 times
My wife has been married before, and if I love her - how much more does our Father?

Old 02-07-2012, 01:53 PM

337 posts, read 409,410 times
Does she commit adultry because she doesn't know that it is wrong, or did she commit it because of sin and she does know it is wrong? That is the question. If she doesn't know it is wrong then she doesn't know Christ and she is headed to hell.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:59 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,005,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
Does she commit adultry because she doesn't know that it is wrong, or did she commit it because of sin and she does know it is wrong? That is the question. If she doesn't know it is wrong then she doesn't know Christ and she is headed to hell.
Hold on a second... Are you saying that if she doesn't know it's wrong, she's headed to Hell? And what if she does know it's wrong? Does that mean she's home free?

Old 02-07-2012, 02:03 PM

337 posts, read 409,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Hold on a second... Are you saying that if she doesn't know it's wrong, she's headed to Hell? And what if she does know it's wrong? Does that mean she's home free?
If somebody doesn't know that adultry is wrong then they are headed to hell because they don't know Christ. If she does know that it is wrong then she might know Christ, but not necessarily.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:10 PM

45,642 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Some people think that because Amy Grant has committed Adultery, by divorcing her husband and remarrying - that she is on her way to hell as an adulterer. I do not agree. I think if you are a Christian, then Adultery is not the unforgiveable sin and that we are indeed all sinners in need of Gods forgiveness daily. What do you think?
Anyone going to hell goes there because they choose not to believe in Christ for their salvation - and once one believes in Christ, and Christ dwells in that person, He never leaves them.

If Amy is a believer, then she will be judged by Christ at the proper time, but will still be in heaven in the end.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:17 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,642,806 times
We don't know and this isn't our territory. I'll just say that John the Baptist sure did lay it on Herod for Adultery. The Lord says no man born of woman was greater than John.

God seems to communicate his most intimate message to us through Marriage idioms. Israel being YHWH's widowed wife. The church's Bride of Christ.

You get the impression that Adultery is a serious offense in the Lords eyes. In the Old Testament, Adultery was one of the three sins in which no sacrifice could atone for. It was punishable by stoning death.

Our modern Babylonian Anti-Christ superculture shrugs at Fornication/Adultery like the Greeks did. God isn't though. God is merciful in forgiveness of sins with a repentant heart though.

Thank you Lord!

Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
we give up a piece of ourself everytime we hook up, it stays when we move on
let me esplain u adultery it is high up on the list
remember what jesus said to the woman at jacobs well?
u have had 5 husbands and the man u live with now is not your husband
the substance of it all, is, you diluted your integrity woman
bek when u separate and hookup, divide your affections, u r no longer giving 100%, u already gave that to somebody else.
after awhile "i love you" is empty meaningless talk.
instead of somebody getting 100% of you they get maybe, after past boyfriend and husband factor, 15%.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-07-2012 at 02:32 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 02:30 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,930,818 times
To the OP. You are right on the money. If she asks for forgiveness from the heart, and believes in Christ for her forgiveness, she will be forgiven of not just that sin, but all her sins. The only unforgiveable sin is the sin against the HOly Spirit, which is unbelief, refusal to repent. Its always helpful to remember that David, Moses and Paul were all guilty of murder, but were still forgiven. " "The Blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us of all sins."

Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,005,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
If somebody doesn't know that adultry is wrong then they are headed to hell because they don't know Christ. If she does know that it is wrong then she might know Christ, but not necessarily.
I'm confused. How could it be "not necessarily"? If she knows it's wrong but doesn't know Christ, how would she have known it's wrong?

And I guess that if she knows it's wrong and doesn't know Christ, she's still going to Hell, but if she knows it's wrong and also knows Christ, it's okay that she keeps sinning? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but that's kind of what it sounds like you're saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity