Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 10:37 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,485,729 times

Advertisements

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Last edited by the_human_being; 06-03-2014 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Doesn't post correctly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 11:13 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,470,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
This is not speaking of the dead who go to heaven but the living when he comes. Those workers who are working the harvest into the barn. Remember Jesus spoke of praying for more workers, so it is a time period, not an event.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
This is not speaking of the dead who go to heaven but the living when he comes. Those workers who are working the harvest into the barn. Remember Jesus spoke of praying for more workers, so it is a time period, not an event.
You're no doubt one of those pre-trib rapture folks. How many times have you got Him coming back?

Old 06-03-2014, 11:23 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,470,477 times
Quote:
You're no doubt one of those pre-trib rapture folks. How many times have you got Him coming back?
Once. The harvest is before he is back.

Oh, I am not a pre-trib rapture believer either, so just address the points and leave the ad hominem attacks behind.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Once. The harvest is before he is back.

Oh, I am not a pre-trib rapture believer either, so just address the points and leave the ad hominem attacks behind.
You don't see "Our gathering back to Him" as a "harvest"? Interesting.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:46 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,995,733 times
Quote:
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

I'm not completely sure what you question is, but I think you're asking who will be resurrected first. Am I correct? If so, then it would be 'those who sleep in Christ' waiting for the resurrection of the last day.

The dead in Christ shall rise first [rise means to resurrect from the dead] and 'we who remain' [means to have survived] will put on immortality.

So this tells me two things. First this 'event' doesn't happen till after the GT, and 1 Thess. 4 is not teaching being 'whisked off' to heaven for 'safety.'

Old 06-03-2014, 12:53 PM

What I'm asking is just who is gathered first? Paul says in 1 Thes. 4 that the dead in Christ are resurrected FIRST and then are caught up together with those Christians who were alive at His coming and were changed. TOGETHER they rise to meet the Lord in the sky.

However,

The Lord says He will send his angels to gather the tares FIRST, leaving the Christian until after the tares are removed.

Somebody gotta be first and somebody gotta be second.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:50 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,995,733 times
Quote:
What I'm asking is just who is gathered first? Paul says in 1 Thes. 4 that the dead in Christ are resurrected FIRST and then are caught up together with those Christians who were alive at His coming and were changed. TOGETHER they rise to meet the Lord in the sky.

However,

The Lord says He will send his angels to gather the tares FIRST, leaving the Christian until after the tares are removed.

Somebody gotta be first and somebody gotta be second.
Ah, I see. Well, it sounds to me it happens simultaneously here, no?
Mt 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:43 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,794,859 times
The son of man is the resurrection and the life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity