Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 01:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,288,883 times

Advertisements

OP: If you want to psychoanalyze me and/or my posts feel free to put it on the thread instead of sending me a DM.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-27-2014 at 02:24 PM..

Old 06-27-2014, 01:15 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,301,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Aren't you a Christian? Shouldn't the answer be obvious? Why do I have explain that to a "fellow" Christian"?
On this topic, "Christian" is a wide spectrum. You have exteme fundamentalists who only allow their women to wear long dresses and don't allow them to wear makeup or cut their hair. The other end, women are allowed to do what they want with their hair, wear makeup, wear shorts/sleeveless shirts, bikinis, etc. I see women from my church at the pool wearing bikinis and nobody thinks anything of it.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:17 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,569,031 times
Quote:
You still don't get it. I recognize that women are going to see this topic different than me. The point of this thread is to get views for how women address this, not about what I think. I have already stated what I think BUT the point of this was that I recognize that women may not agree. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Referring to what is bolded..We have addressed our views, you are the one who doesn't seem to "get it"

Old 06-27-2014, 01:20 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,026,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Referring to what is bolded..We have addressed our views, you are the one who doesn't seem to "get it"
There is nothing for me to "get". I know that there are people who have addressed my views, but the things you have said do not address my point.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:21 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,026,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
On this topic, "Christian" is a wide spectrum. You have exteme fundamentalists who only allow their women to wear long dresses and don't allow them to wear makeup or cut their hair. The other end, women are allowed to do what they want with their hair, wear makeup, wear shorts/sleeveless shirts, bikinis, etc. I see women from my church at the pool wearing bikinis and nobody thinks anything of it.
Okay great. Thank you for sharing.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,290,269 times
As a young trout, many moons ago, I spent several months hitchhiking through Europe on a very limited $3-$5/day budget. Consequently, I spent most nights sleeping outdoors but would occasionally cough up a couple of bucks to crash at a hostel.

To my surprise, some of the showers at the hostels were communal. I found out when I padded naked into one in Amsterdam to find four young, equally-naked ladies in mid-wash. We exchanged pleasantries and I, at least, made sure to make eye contact only while doing so.

(Of course, when to and froing, my eyes may have glanced elsewhere a time or thirty.)

Be very glad, justitans, that you've never faced such a situation.

It was...terrible, just...terrible....

Old 06-27-2014, 01:47 PM

64,072 posts, read 40,350,901 times
Quote:
Aren't you a Christian? Shouldn't the answer be obvious? Why do I have explain that to a "fellow" Christian"?
It is obvious that it is according to YOU based on how YOU interpret Christianity (actually Bibleianity). These trivial concerns about others has very little to do with Christianity and everything to do with Bibleianity . . . minding other people's business. A Christian should concern themselves primarily with their OWN behaviors and intentions in "love of God and each other" daily and repenting when they don't.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,459,299 times
There have been several changes to the dress code.
Please, familiarize yourself with the revised standard:

"Uniforms are optional."

Unless, of course, you are imprisoned.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:06 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,442,919 times
Quote:
The point you made is a bit different in a sense from what I am making. I believe the blame of this situation is equal. I believe it's up to a man to control his flesh but I believe a CHRISTIAN woman should not dress in a way that would cause temptation. All men aren't strong or are able to control their lust. That doesn't make their behavior right but it doesn't make it okay for a woman to wear anything. I emphasized Christian because I am trying to bring the context here. We are not just talking about regular everyday women. We are talking about Bible believing, Christ centered women. If those women are wearing things to get attention, then I believe she should be held to a different standard than other men. It shouldn't matter how men react to hear, if her motivation for wearing clothes is to seek sexual attention, then I believe that she would be out of order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Dress respectfully according to whom? To you? <snip>
Quote:
To anyone.

She can dress how she wants, but that doesn't make it right. You can do what you want, but that doesn't mean everything you do is right.
JT, this made me think of something that happened just the other day. Hubby and I went to the chiro and the receptionist, a very young, pretty woman was dressed in shorts and a casual summer blouse. She was adorable. When we left I said to hubby, snarkily joking, "She should know better than to dress so cute in an office where their main clientele are out of shape middle aged women like me. Makes us feel bad about ourselves."

Now JT, what do you think? Should young women dress dowdy so that they don't tempt older women to feel jealousy? Should pretty women in general ugly up so that the rest of us don't fall to the temptation of coveting their good looks?

Or are men's temptations the only thing women should concern themselves with?

Old 06-27-2014, 03:20 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,442,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There have been several changes to the dress code.
Please, familiarize yourself with the revised standard:

"Uniforms are optional."

Unless, of course, you are imprisoned.
:thumbs up:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity