Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,666 times

Advertisements

for me it also mean being saved from Gods wrath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 03:03 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Hi, I believe that being saved also means that we have been selected by God for a certain purpose which will have an affect on all of creation. Believers are saved to be the chosen people of God, the elect, the firstfruits, the body of Christ. Believers are designated to be the sons of God with a higher purpose and are saved to be evidence of God's glorious work of salvation and redemption in our lives. And this in turn will affect all of creation. One of my favorite verses:

Romans 8

Quote:
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed to us-ward. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation waiteth for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. (NAS)
Romans 8
Quote:

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now (KJV)

God bless.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:10 AM

420 posts, read 1,236,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I'm sorry but all do not have the same understanding here ministers. I believe that we are saved from the slavery to sin, from the wrath of God, and that we experience healing. I believe that it is an ongoing process. I don't believe that we are saved from eternal damnation or eternal hell or eternal separation. I believe that aionios life (translated as eternal life in some translations) is the life of knowing God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent, which Christians experience in the ages and in future ages, but I do believe that everyone will eventually experience salvation when God becomes all in all (1 Corinthians 15) God bless.

Shana Brown this is minister Nancys husband Prophet David. I am very worried about some of the beliefs that I see in Christianity today. In the past, you could show someone the errors in their doctrinal belief and they would not hold grudges, not try still to debate, they would have enough understanding to change their beliefs. This is why we do not fellowship with everyone who claims to be a Christian. I hear pastors saying "you need a spiritual father" but for a person to say any mere man is their spiritual father is purely ludicrous. A father gives life to another being."as for you,the scripture says in 1John1:27 the anointing you received from him remains in you and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real and not counterfeit-just as it has taught you remain in him." Manuy to not know how to dissect scripture. Here is an example, let's look at this scripture.(1john1:27). The scripture says "as for you" you must as questions to the living word of God, not man. God's word is spirit and life, Jesus said it himself in John 6:63. So we must ask who is this scripture directed at? you. well who is "you" you is us who are saved. So you get your answer in this scripture. Those of us who are saved are anointed. The scripture and the Hebrew language declares the name "Christ" means "anointed one". Numbers used in the bible are precise fact. "one" means "one", so this means that Jesus Christ is the only "one" anointed. This also means there are no special anointings other than the "one spirit" (see Epesians 4:4) and what he chooses to distribute among his followers. The scripture declares in Peter's revelation from God in the book of acts 4:12 salvation is found in no "one" else, for there is no othername under Heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Now in interpreting scripture correctly, you find that It is Jesus who draws near, it is Jesus who saves, it is Jesus who teaches.
But in the church today man exalts himself, and in some cases, his congregation, or the people around him(or her) exalts them. Why is this? because there are still too many people learning the word of God from one another and from leaning on theor own understanding. It is obvious to me that you, along with many others believe that your salvation (that you claim to have I do not know you to say whether or not you do) can be lost. Well my questions to you are "how are the sins (plural) that you are (present tense) committing being forgiven? I only went to 2 scriptures and those scriptures show you that you have a very little part in the salvation of you soul. Here is another, found in Hebrews I will not type the entire scripture but read Hebrews chapter 9. In Hebrews chapter 9 it says in verse 16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it,because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living." Hebrews 16 and 17. Now, hint hint, you see why God was "in Christ" reconciling the world unto himself. God knows that he is a living spirit, that gives life, and that life cannot die.
So, in knowing this, God brought forth through means of natural childbirth Jesus, the Christ , the eternal sacrifice. Leviticus revealed in chapter 17 verse 11 that the life of a creatureis in the blood." Hint, hint this is why Jesus had to die to secure eternal life with God. Adam broke the rule of the holy and just God. God told him he will surely die. For that word to come to pass, the tree of life was guarded. Now Jesus said "hell" was created for the devil and his angels." Those of you who say you are saved from hell are only partially correct. Those of you who said you are saved from eternally separation from God are partially correct also. We are saved from death by the gift of God which is life. Life through the same spirit that gave it in the beginning. That spirit indwelt himself in a man because, like lev 17:11 says the life of a creature is in its blood. Back to Hebrews, someone has to be proven dead to establish a will. Our world got this concept from scripture. This is why I asked you how are your sins being forgiven right now? If you think that mere mouth confessions after obtaining salvation is enough then you are wrong. The scripture revals that sin is "the breaking of the law". Hebrews 9:22 says In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is NO Forgiveness." Here is the meaning of one of the most misqouted scriptures in the bibe,Hebrews6:4-6 you cannot fall away from salvatiopn but you can fall away from grace (galatians5:4) by seeking to establish your own righteousness. People that think they are saved by mouth confessions and lifestyle change are setting up their own righteousness. Lifestyle change comes because you are saved. It is not up to you to save yourself. I have noticed in ministry that people that believe like this are often fearful, not confident on their deathbed. Now why should I allow any man especially those who believe this to say that he or she is my spiritual father. That is a demon spirit. The devil always wants us to take matters into our own hands. Taking matters into his own hands is why he was cast out of Heaven in the first place. How can you read "Jesus is the author and the"finisher of our faith" and still believe in a up in the air salvation. clearly you who believe this have learned from another spirit, the spirit of false hood. Here is the gospel summed up: God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not counting mens sins against them, but shedding his blood as the sacrificial lamb to forgive us of our sins past,present and future,and he rose from the dead to secure a place in Heaven for all who have faith in him for the gift of God which is eternal life. We stand condemned of sinning against God through our following the path of satan. No matter what you believe, it is proven that until you rest your faith in Christ you stand condemned to the eternal punishment with disobedient Lucifer in the lake of fire. You will fill its pain because the scripture reveals that you will receive a new everlasting, eternal body at the end of the age when the Christ returns and ressurects all mankind just as he did lazarus. Those who believe have nothing to worry about, but those who belive differently from scripture have everything to worry about. I failed to keep this short but reading this will bring understanding may God bless you all.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:23 AM

My keyboard and mouse along with my typing could have been better but an open mind will know what I was saying in the response to Shana Brown and the others that believe like her. Prophet David.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 PM

Hi David, I am not quite sure what you are sharing but I believe that all will be reconciled to God eventually. I do not believe that hell is eternal or everlasting and I do not believe that death is eternal or everlasting. I believe that God has elected some to be saved and to know Him in this age. I do not believe that anyone's salvation is the result of his or her own doing. I believe that God works all things according to the counsel of His will. He will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of truth. He has all power and He is described as love. If it is His will for all to be saved, then He certainly has the ability and power to achieve this. The will of one who is said to be blinded, lost, and held captive is no problem for Him. I believe that the eventual restoration of all is supported in the scriptures. God bless you.

[+] Rate this post positively

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-03-2008 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-14-2008, 01:08 PM

6 posts, read 18,742 times
please go to the site god.com and read a little...
i hope this helps. let me know what you think^^

Old 01-14-2008, 02:13 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
If you had a really small camel and/or a really big needle. . . .

Or maybe if you put the Camel in a blender and had a really small funnel?

What ever happened to the translation that meant "the eye of THE needle" which was some specific place that was hard to cross with camels, but could be done if you had God supporting you?

Is that interpretation debunked?

Isn't the point that you need God to be saved?

The Bible states simply that we are saved from sin and death. However that could mean a lot of things. There are more types of death than simply the removal of brain function. A lot of people on this planet are dead long before that. When your existence has no purpose is that not death?

Aren't you saved from a lack of acceptance of God and from the pure arrogance of trying to control things on your own?

I like having God as my god. He makes me happy.
Perhaps we are saved from being eternally unhappy because we have no God.

That is not to say that people who are saved are never unhappy, they are just no eternally unhappy due to a lack of God.

I can say this much. Those who are not saved, do not get the happiness that I know from having God in my life. I know that that happiness will last forever and be increased a hundred fold once I am done serving God in this world.

Maybe I am saying the same thing as others (i.e. that we are saved from being disconnected from God). Which in fact is, or at least leads to sin and death.

What business do we have judging whether others are saved or not? I see people claiming that "so and so claims that he is saved, but I know that he is not truly saved" What kind of arrogance is that? When did God make us the judges of others salvation?

Old 01-15-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi David, I am not quite sure what you are sharing but I believe that all will be reconciled to God eventually. I do not believe that hell is eternal or everlasting and I do not believe that death is eternal or everlasting. I believe that God has elected some to be saved and to know Him in this age. I do not believe that anyone's salvation is the result of his or her own doing. I believe that God works all things according to the counsel of His will. He will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of truth. He has all power and He is described as love. If it is His will for all to be saved, then He certainly has the ability and power to achieve this. The will of one who is said to be blinded, lost, and held captive is no problem for Him. I believe that the eventual restoration of all is supported in the scriptures. God bless you.

I am sorry to tell you but you are wrong. Name one person that died and came back to THIS Life. How did you get here? Is your creator still alive? where did the breath in your body come from? No gibberish, if you cannot explain it better than scripture has (you can't) then you are speaking under the impulses of satan. Life is eternal and death is eternal. The book of revelation talks about the second death. Read it, if you believe the word of God then you know that the second death is a everlasting death.

Are you the truth and Jesus is false? Here is what the sinless lamb of God,King of kings and Lord of lords said:"I tell you the truth,whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and Will Not Be Condemned;he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth,a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself,so he granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this,for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out-those who have done good(of course, this is speaking of the people who have faith in the good one)will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned." when you rise, if you have studied the bible properly, you know that you rise in a body that can no longer die. This is why the antichrist,(also known as the beast) and the false prophet are mentioned in Revelation 19:20 and revelation 20:10 as being thrown alive into the lake of fire to be tormented forever. I probably cannot change your mind but I can present facts.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown

Quote:
I am sorry to tell you but you are wrong.
David, what makes you the authority on this?

Quote:
Name one person that died and came back to THIS Life.
Are you speaking of someone who came back to life besides the Lord? Lazarus. Jesus raised him from the dead, didn't He? The little girl that Jesus raised from the dead too. I am not really sure that you are asking here.

Quote:
How did you get here?
I got here through the work of God and I was born into this world as everyone else was.

Quote:
Is your creator still alive?
Yes.

Quote:
where did the breath in your body come from?
God.

Quote:
No gibberish, if you cannot explain it better than scripture has (you can't) then you are speaking under the impulses of satan. Life is eternal and death is eternal.
I believe that life will be eternal for us when we are resurrected. Death is to one day be abolished so I don't believe that death is eternal.

Quote:
The book of revelation talks about the second death. Read it, if you believe the word of God then you know that the second death is a everlasting death.
It depends on what you mean by the second death. I believe that the second death is death to the old man of all who have not died to the old man. The old mans will be destroyed. All are to reunited in Christ and when all are subjected to Him, God will be all in all. Sin and God are not compatible. (Ephesians 1, Colossians 1, 1 Corinthians 15, Romans 8)

Quote:
Are you the truth and Jesus is false?
No. Are you the truth, David? I believe that the scriptures are the inspired words of God just as you do, David. I believe that Jesus is the Way, The Truth, and the Life as you do. He is the True Light which enlightens every man.

Quote:
Here is what the sinless lamb of God,King of kings and Lord of lords said:"I tell you the truth,whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and Will Not Be Condemned;he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth,a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself,so he granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this,for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out-those who have done good(of course, this is speaking of the people who have faith in the good one)will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned." when you rise, if you have studied the bible properly, you know that you rise in a body that can no longer die.

I believe that what has been translated as "eternal life" in this verse and in many verses is "aionios" life. Aionos life is the life of knowing God. What did Jesus say? "This is the eternal (literally aionios) life. That they may know Thee the Only True God and Jesus Christ whom Thou has sent. We receive immortality when we are resurrected. Many will not receive aionios life and will be condemned. Eventually all are to be delivered and reunited in Jesus Christ for whom all things were made.
(Colossians 1) (Romans 8)

Quote:
This is why the antichrist,(also known as the beast) and the false prophet are mentioned in Revelation 19:20 and revelation 20:10 as being thrown alive into the lake of fire to be tormented forever. I probably cannot change your mind but I can present facts.
"forever"- for the eons of the eons literally or for the ages of the ages literally. What you may believe to be facts may not be believed to be facts by other believers.

God bless you.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-15-2008 at 02:53 PM..

Old 04-11-2008, 09:07 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Being saved to me means what most have posted here:

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord & Savior
That my sins are/can/will be forgiven
I will spend eternity with my Heavenly Father

And because I have accepted Jesus, I feel the following applies:

I KNOW WHO I AM
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15 )
I am united with the Lord(1 Cor. 6:17 )
I am bought with a price(1 Cor. 6:19-20)
I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph. 1:1)
I am a personal witness of Christ. (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt & light of the earth ( Matt.5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ(1 Cor 12:27)
I am free forever from condemnation ( Rom. 8: 1-2)
I am a citizen of Heaven. I am significant ( Phil.3:20)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom. 8:31 -34)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God(2 Cor.5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph. 2:18)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph. 2:6)
I cannot be separated from the love of God( Rom.8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor.1:21-22)
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom. 8: 28)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16 )
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3: 12 )
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-5)
I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3: 16 ). I am complete in Christ (Col. 2: 10)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3). I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am God's co-worker (1 Cor.. 3:9; 2 Cor 6:1). I am God's workmanship(Eph. 2:10 )
I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected. (Phil 1: 5)
I have been redeemed and forgiven(Col.1:14).I have been adopted as God's child(Eph 1:5)

I belong to God
Do you know who you are!?
the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn His face toward you and give you peace..'
'Numbers' 6:24-26
I love that mams!!
I like the scriptures, the promises
and the way the words descend in the shape of a mountain
In concluding Mark 11 is appropiate here
"Whosover shall say to this mountain, be thou removed, and believe in his heart, he shall have what he says......(I seen this in the spirit as I read over this for the very first time.. And not only that this is the 40th post, which is symbolic of God's Divine order of things
God Bless You
p.s. can i copy this, for my keepsake and reference???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity