Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 09:15 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,625,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's called, "Fleecing the Flock."
Why didn't Christ Jesus think of that?

"Foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."
If you hear any sermons by minister Paul Washer, he talks about how these other countries are poisoned by those american preachers who give a tainted toxic gospel (he hates the easy believism so prevalent in many people's style of evangelism attempts.

Because so much crap is preached either by people who are morally liberal, or who go with this modern way of preaching which is wrong, they bring this to the other countries and now spread their toxic preaching to them. In fact Bro Paul Washer tells of some countries who plead NOT to send a lot of these wannabe evangelists to their 3rd world countries because they were better off not hearing it.

in other words, if you bring the gospel to these countries, it should be considered a privilege, to be able to use tv or internet to the glory of God, but if you use it to spread the toxic wrong preaching, it can be a worse curse than the person in the jungle who never heard this false gospel. You cant unring a bell either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 03:12 PM

505 posts, read 576,307 times
Please someone, define "easy believing" for me and "name it and claim it". Need good, solid definitions please.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:20 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,293,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
Please someone, define "easy believing" for me and "name it and claim it". Need good, solid definitions please.
Name it and claim it means that if you say something (confess or claim it), it will appear. So, for example, if one were to want a car, he/she would start saying they had the car until it appeared (out of thin air, I'm not sure). The idea being that God would grant what you claim.

Easy believing I can't help as I never heard of it.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Name it and claim it means that if you say something (confess or claim it), it will appear. So, for example, if one were to want a car, he/she would start saying they had the car until it appeared (out of thin air, I'm not sure). The idea being that God would grant what you claim.

its akin to bribing God. (disguised as "faith" and I don't mean true faith as pleasing to God the way God sees it, not these fake preachers.)

people take certain scriptures to fit what they want. sometimes you sincerely seek an answer from God and you search the Scriptures to find what is up with that.

Then other people have a thought and they search the Scriptures to fit what they want and then BAM, they tell God what God MUST do because "God said it, and so I claim it" and they think by saying the magic words, God MUST cowtow to their demands.

funny thing is, even if a person got everything their little heart desired, it might be a curse. read about how people win the lottery and go from riches back to rags! read about all the celebrities and rock stars who had EVERYTHING and then they die from drug overdose or wild living consequences. So it is better God does not answer EVERY thing we may desire.

Easy believism is this thing where you say some words according to how to get saved, and then you say them and think ok im ok now, i'll just continue doing as I have been (sinning) and think hey but the bible says im saved if I say these few words (often called the sinners prayer) but it has no sincerity to follow the Lord.

Look up any sermon like on Sermon Audio, find Paul Washer, and you can read a myriad of sermons about it better than I can explain it.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

As a blanket statement, no, name it and claim it is not Biblical. HOWEVER, there are certain elements of it that, indeed, are.
It think 2 points are needful:

1. It must be understood that THE WORDS WE SPEAK are powerful. The best examples would be:
Genesis, chapter one, the creation. As Christians we all know and believe that God is all powerful. Yet consider, why did God SPEAK creation into being? Why didn't he just THINK it and make it so? Surely He could have done so. There is a lesson in Gen. which teaches us to SPEAK it into being.

In all 4 gospels, Jesus cast out demons, healed the lame, raised the dead, calmed the storm etc... Being the Son of God why didn't Jesus just think them into being? Same reason as above. Words are powerful and have meaning. We see that both God the Father and Jesus the Son USED THE SPOKEN WORD to bring about RESULTS.

While many of us pray silently, how did Jesus "teach us how to pray" Did He tell them to pray silently or did He speak the prayer out loud in the sermon on the mount? "Our Father who art in heaven..."

God also warns us against lying to one another. In fact, lying is a sin and no liars will be allowed in heaven; is this not so? Bearing false witness and lying affect the actions of others. It could be that some examples are unto life and death. These are words spoken out loud, not thought of mentally or implied (God knows what I mean). Yes He does, now MAKE YOUR PRAYERS KNOWN TO GOD VERBALLY!!!

Point 2: The Christian MUST KNOW HIS/HER POSITION IF N CHIRST. For instance, how many Christians pray for a healing "if it's God's will"? How in the world can any Christian NOT KNOW that it IS God's will to heal? Christians' who pray thusly do not know their position in Christ Jesus. The verse I used previously_ "Beloved, ABOVE ALL I wish that thou mayest prosper AND BE IN (GOOD) HEALTH." (3 Jn. 2) could not be any clearer. How many ways can you prosper? I listed several:
1. spiritually
2. mentally
3. emotionally
4. physically
5. financially
There are prolly more.
When you know that what you are praying for (i.e. "naming and claiming") IS MOST DEFINATELY IN GOD'S WILL, then, yes, you can name and claim. THIS DOESN'T MEAN GOD WILL waive a magic wand and make it appear. We still need our faith to pull it in. "The just shall live by faith". Faith is a spiritual LAW. Faith enables the windows of heaven to be opened and the answer to come forth from heaven, AGAIN, when it is in God's will.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
its akin to bribing God. (disguised as "faith" and I don't mean true faith as pleasing to God the way God sees it, not these fake preachers.)

people take certain scriptures to fit what they want. sometimes you sincerely seek an answer from God and you search the Scriptures to find what is up with that.

Then other people have a thought and they search the Scriptures to fit what they want and then BAM, they tell God what God MUST do because "God said it, and so I claim it" and they think by saying the magic words, God MUST cowtow to their demands.

funny thing is, even if a person got everything their little heart desired, it might be a curse. read about how people win the lottery and go from riches back to rags! read about all the celebrities and rock stars who had EVERYTHING and then they die from drug overdose or wild living consequences. So it is better God does not answer EVERY thing we may desire.

Easy believism is this thing where you say some words according to how to get saved, and then you say them and think ok im ok now, i'll just continue doing as I have been (sinning) and think hey but the bible says im saved if I say these few words (often called the sinners prayer) but it has no sincerity to follow the Lord.

Look up any sermon like on Sermon Audio, find Paul Washer, and you can read a myriad of sermons about it better than I can explain it.

The "salvation prayer" is spoken OUTLOUD for the reasons I listed in above (post #25), therefore these 2 subjects fit hand in glove.
It is vital that the salvation prayer be MEANT FROM THE HEART. Yes, a prayer "forgive me, wash me clean yada, yada..." does no good if it is not sincere. I have listed "salvation prayers" from time to time on this forum and ALWAYS INCLUDE REPENTANCE within it. It is expected that a person will AT LEAST try to stop committing the same, repetitive sins and grow in Christ. No, one can not believe they are saved otherwise. God knows the intentions of our hearts.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:26 AM

Joint Heir With Jesus - hi- your other post about praying to God and wondering what to ask for. I think this - we are to pray to God for anything and everything we want, and God will decide if and when he will answer you, or maybe he will answer with a no, (because he knows exactly what is best). but I think if a person is following the Lord, what they ask for will be in the will of God because of our new life in Christ - we will have the desires of God implanted in our hearts, so that what our prayers will be made of - what God desires. if we do not get everything we pray for, it does not mean God isn't listening, it may be the time is not right, or it may actually harm us in the long run, or maybe God has a better plan. in any case we can rest assured (trusting) that God heard us and is taking care of it one way or another. (if we truly have the heart of God, our whole self is changed so that when we pray, our prayers will be appropriate.) hope that makes sense - I know what the concept is in my head and I hope I was able to express it the way its in my head. lol

Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 AM

88,733 posts, read 85,100,154 times
I just look at him and think "Mickey Dolenz from The Monkees". They could be brothers. Wonder if they're related.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I just look at him and think "Mickey Dolenz from The Monkees."
They could be brothers. Wonder if they're related.

The Monkees - I'm a Believer [official music video] - YouTube

Old 07-12-2014, 06:22 PM

Hijackers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity